FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Weigh In > Weigh in--week of April 27th

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) So, it really is spring!!! The weather has been beautiful!!!

I still haven't weighed in, but I am maintaining the 40lbs I lost.

Things have been hectic, but I should be getting back in the habit of weiging in at WW's soon.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
Whew, glad you posted this thread. I completely forgot to weigh. Damnit.
170.8 Basically the same as last week. BUT, I'm gonna pretend like I had a small loss because usually weigh first thing in the morning before food and stuff. :)

Kick ass with the maintenance Trudy! That's a big deal, babycakes!

message 3: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (wheeledk) | 158 comments Mod
Yay Spring!

Good job to you both for maintaining during busy times - not an easy thing to do!

I don't weigh in until Thursday...which is good because I need some time to redeem myself after yet another indulgent weekend! Does eating the fruit from the bottom of the sangria pitcher make up for the fact that I drank 4 glasses? :)

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Yum!
Yum, yum, and more yum!!!

message 5: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) LOL Dorie... I vote yes! It is fruit after all... : )

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
Hey, everyone. It's been a long time since I have been here. It's been since the first week in April that I weighed in at WW!! Ugh...... first it was my birthday was on that night, then the next week I had the "crud", then we had to visit a college w/my daughter, I AM GOING TOMORROW NIGHT! But you would think since they are open all week I would still make it one night during the week HUH?

AND guess what ladies! I joined the health center at work! Remember I told you it was $10 a month, with a pool, I can go 24/7 as many times as I want. AND they have a pool with "Warm Water Arthritis Aerobics"?! So I went kickin' and screamin' all the way, but this arthritis has kicked my bu... big time, and I can hardly walk. I'm not giving in to it, I refuse to use a cane or a walker, see where I'm going with this? I'm just not - I'm done with this mess.

We went to IHOP for pancakes tonight, it's my last unhealthy meal. (At least where I eat so much I make myself sick) I bought lots of fruit and veggies and the choices at lunch haven't been that great, so I'm taking my lunch. I've had a long enough vacation here, I'm back on the wagon, going down hill!

message 7: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) All right Debbie!!! Welcome back!

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
okay, I have been really bad... eating Butterfingers, REAL ice cream, cookies, etc... I weighed in tonight........ I lost 1/2 pound.???? I don't know, I'm just shakin my head here. But at the store tonight, I bought a lot of fresh fruit and veggies, takin' my lunch tomorrow, and I go to the fitness center tomorrow afternoon for my "orientation". So I"m off and runninnnnnnnn!!!!

message 9: by Dorie (new)

155.6 today - just a 1/2 lb. loss. I am officially annoyed with myself. I know my plan works when I actually follow it!

Feel free to give me some tough love!

I need to be more accountable in this coming week, so I am making a solemn vow to the FU's that I will lose at least one full lb. I'm going to a bachelorette party on Sat., but I am going to follow the plan every other day and eat very light on Sat. to save up points for the party.

message 10: by Dorie (new)

Debbie - Maybe you are on to something - a Butterfinger diet! If only...

Glad you are back on track! Have fun at the gym! :)

message 11: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Hmmm - maybe a rotating candy bar diet... Monday - Butterfingers, Tuesday - snickers, Wednesday - whatchamacallits, Thursday - omg... I think I am going into sugar shock just thinking about this... lol...

message 12: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Dorie - a half a pound is still a half a pound! I am with you on the tracking though...

I think that has been the biggest issue since hubby has been home. I never did write it all down - I would pack a bag for work and leave 10 points for dinner (Weight Watchers). That way, I knew I could only eat what was in the bag for the day and then figure out how to spend the 10 points when I got home.

I play it too fast and loose now... I need to write down those 10 M&M's I had last night.

Good news though - I did step on the scale this morning and I was down 2 from my lowest... I am going to go to WW this weekend... I keep getting those postcards from my advisor... LOL... must make them stop!

message 13: by Amanda (new)

Debbie, you an totally kick that arthritis's ass! I just know it. No worries about the butterfingers and the pancakes. That was yesterday (etc) and TODAY is TODAY! Orientation at the gym is gonna be fab. Good luck, good luck, good luck!

Dorie, how can we help you? Want us to bug you every day? I promise, I can be reallllllllllly annoying if you need me to! hahaha

message 14: by Amanda (new)

For sure, Trudy. Go back to WW. I think it'll give you a boost.
It's so hard when love is all euphoric, too. I'm guilty. Hard to keep track when there's fun to be had. Bummer.

message 15: by Dorie (new)

I need a virtual slap and a stern "Get it together, woman!" :) And someone to hide my champagne stash!

message 16: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (chill77) I haven't even weighed myself lately. I haven't been to Curves in weeks. I'm just in one of those funks. I'm trying to eat healthier tho.

message 17: by Jenbrandau341 (new)

Jenbrandau341 | 80 comments Hey yall! I know yall are probably thinking "the funk queen herself" Just want to say, hang in there this too shall pass... thats been my favorite motto lately. I finally weighed in today and am at 162. which is about 2lbs down...yeah I'm kinda stoked. I have been to the gym every day since saturday except for yesterday. I got braces put on yesterday so maybe that will speed up my weight loss. Made a sandwich tonite and had to cut it into bite size pieces just to eat it. Yeah this is going to be a major adjustment for me because I love to eat. Knowing me I will be figuring out a way to drink a donut here soon.

message 18: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
Trudy I like the way you think! Dorie a 1/2 lb loose is better than 1/2lb gain... right? Maybe next week you'll catch up!

Went for my "orientation" and tried the eliptical (spelling???) and the recumbent bike, loved them. AND I get a free water aerobics too! He was very encouraging and I'm actually looking forward to this. The trainer suggested that I start on Monday and come in Mon-Fri for 1/2 hr and then check w/him on Friday... I am going to do this before I change my mind... we are strong!

message 19: by Amanda (new)

we are strong!

Perfectly stated... :)

message 20: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) That's cool that you have a trainer there too to check in with. Does that come with the membership? The Y has them, but I don't want to pay to have someone follow me around. A chat at the end of the week would be PERFECT for me... hmmmm...

We ARE strong!

message 21: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
he's there from 7:30a.m. til 4 p.m. for a real session w/him it's like $50-60 per session. But he'll follow up with you and talk to you; tell you what to try next, make sure you are using the machines correctly. What he will do is weekly check with me, measure and weight, etc.

But there is a lady in HR that is our nutritionist, she does daily walks around the property, does blood pressure checks weekly, and once a month has 15 minutes "meetings". She sends out articles to read, recipes, and a monthly check list - eat so many fruits & veggies a day and check off for your water.

You'd think that with all this help I'd be further along...but everytime I've wanted to join, either my husband has talked me out of it by "let's join the Y", we don't, ever. Or my best friend says "we don't need that we can do it on our own". So now I'm signing up for the full thing and not telling anyone, except you guys. OKay I have never admitted this, I weight 231 @ 5'7", I have diabetes, high blood pressure, arthritis, and a congenitive heart problem. It's this or die slowly, I've decided to fight.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on.... I promise not to do this everytime. I need to let it out and tell everyone we can do this,

We ARE strong!

message 22: by Amanda (new)

Debbie, this is AMAZING!!!!!!!! Wonderful good woman! I am sooooo proud of you. Ramble away. All day if you have to! If you were here right now I'd give you the biggest hug you've ever gotten and I think I'd cry of happiness!

It's this or die slowly, I've decided to fight.

Bestill my heart. FIGHT!

message 23: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) That's what we are here for my dear!!! Vent/ramble at will - : )

Good for you on the not telling anyone. I have had a few friends that meant well, but at the end of the day I found I got side tracked with their agendas. While I am sure your husband and friend love you very much... this is a personal journey and YOU can do it... When you reach out for support, we are here!

message 24: by Debbie (last edited May 04, 2009 06:29PM) (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
Thanks guys, you don't how much this means to me. Saw my heart doc in the hall today and told him I joined the gym, he have me a high five! Went tonight after work and did the eliptical for 15 minutes and then the bike, you know the one, I use to call the "lazy man's bike" well, I felt like I would die. But I recovered, came home and cooked steak for dinner, drinking my water!! But I will make my lunch before I go to bed, that was a mistake today, ate a turkey sandwich.....

I did tell my husband while we were cooking and he didn't say anything bad, but I am doing this for me...

Thanks for the hugs guys! You don't know how hard this has been or is.... Lov ya

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Keep checking in.
:)

message 26: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) lol - I do the lazy man's bike (assuming you mean the recumbant bike) too Debbie...

I actually JUST switched to the upright because they have the ones with the arm rests that are good for your posture. I always had trouble with the uprights because it stressed my back, but now I do it because it works the legs differently. Who knows - maybe soon you will be doing SPIN classes too!!!

WTG on day 1 and making your lunch - that is HUGE!

message 27: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
ooooo maybe someday, I'll do just that!! Do you think a 50+ woman can learn new "tricks"? Spinning; rollerblading??? Day 2 went good too! Already have lunch for tomorrow!

message 28: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) I would say definitely yes on the spinning... What I have found is that you really do go at your own pace... You control the tension and if you can't stand for the full 30 seconds... then you do as much as you can and sit... lots of people are like that in the classes! As for rollerblading... I would pass on that one... Personally at six feet tall, I just have too darn far to fall and I am not that talented NOT to fall! : )

message 29: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 90 comments Mod
After I have been a couple weeks, I will probably branch out and try different things. I have always enjoyed riding bikes, so I might try the spinning.. Thanks