What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Street person who swallowed fire; book colour was red

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (bookmad93) | 10 comments Right so i read part of this book years ago out of the library but could not finish it as it was to advanced at the time for me all i remember of it is the start there was a street person who swallowed fire the book colour was red

message 2: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Inkheart by Cornelia Funke? It has a red cover and one of the main(ish) characters is a fire-eater named Dustfinger.

message 3: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (bookmad93) | 10 comments I don't think it's inkheartv

message 4: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (bookmad93) | 10 comments It was narrated by someone watching the performance , I'd really like to read it . It was about 8-9 years ago way before inkheart came out

message 5: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (bookmad93) | 10 comments Wait sorry my bad inkheart would just have come out then but I don't think it was inkheart

message 6: by Ficie (last edited Jun 09, 2013 07:26AM) (new)

Ficie | 65 comments The Fire-Eaters by David Almond? The version I read had a red cover.

Sam~~ we cannot see the moon, and yet the waves still rise~~ | 140 comments hey gavin! inkheart does have a red cover, though...

message 8: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (bookmad93) | 10 comments ya i know but it's not inkheart, i'll check out the fire-eaters it might be that . I wish the library kept track of books you took out because i did but it was too difficult at the time the writing style was more adult type it was on a reading challenge thing to get people to read

Sam~~ we cannot see the moon, and yet the waves still rise~~ | 140 comments gavin, they might if you go online. i know that with my library, if i log in using the info on my library card, i can see which books i took out in the past.

message 10: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Have you asked? They may be able to look it up somehow? Or if nothing else, maybe skim the shelves if you have an idea what section to browse.

message 11: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (bookmad93) | 10 comments hmm i would have to find my library card if its still in date shows how long its been since i've been to a library and took a book out

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36865 comments Mod
Gavin, are you still looking for this or was it "The Fire Eaters?"

message 13: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (bookmad93) | 10 comments Still interested in finding it

message 14: by Gavin (new)

Gavin (bookmad93) | 10 comments Also still have to check out if it's fire eaters

message 15: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) bump for summer - come back in a couple of months to give it another one, ok? or, of course, to let us know that you've found it yourself or that it is The Fire-Eaters

message 16: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (notemily) | 478 comments at the library where I work, patrons have to opt-in to having their reading history saved, and it's only saved from that point on--a lot of libraries have this policy to protect patron privacy in case the patriot act comes calling.

message 17: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking?

message 18: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl wrote: "Still looking?"

No response in 2 years; moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Fire-Eaters (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

David Almond (other topics)