Lover at Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #11) Lover at Last discussion

*Spoilers* Things I'd like to see happen in the BDB series from here out:

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Daphne I just finished re-reading the entire Black Dagger Brotherhood series one after the other after the other because it'd been since Lover Mine that I had read them, and they're all just so damn good. Ok... so here's what I'd like to see happen in the future...

I would like to see each of these people have their own books: Xcor and Layla, Assail and Sola, Trez and Selena, and I'd like for Lassiter, Throe and Zypher to have their own books and romances as well. I could really care less about Saxton. He better not be the other damn lawyer talking to Xcor after Elan was murdered, cause I'll kill him myself.

I'd like to see the entire BOB become BDB, however something drastic needs to happen to Xcor first as punishment for his insolence... maybe Layla having Qhuinns young with mis-matched eyes could be sufficient enough punishment, however I'd love to see something worse, even though I've become quite sympathetic to him over the past two books. I'd also like to find out what his bloodline actually is, and I bet Manny can fix that lip of is. Or perhaps he becomes the big tragedy after Wellsie, maybe Layla dies in childbirth, and he goes on a vengeance looking for Qhuinn. Or maybe he's Qhuinn's uncle, or real father or something.

I'd like to see Muhrder (sp?) come back from that ghost house he's in somewhere, and I'd REALLY like to see John Matthew finally find out that he is indeed Darius and I'd like for him to become a brother, and still have all his memories of being Darius AND John Matthew... I'm actually quite shocked that Qhuinn beat him to becoming a brother.

More of the brothers sarcasm towards one another and less flowery description would be nice. I know what that damn entrance way and grand staircase look like already, I don't need it described in its entirety to me every time I walk through the vestibule doors, and I'm fairly positive it's quite impossible to pick up one of these books in the middle without having read the ones previous to it.

I prefer not having to be inside any lessers heads. Ever. The only time it was good was when it was Lash, and even then, I could have cared less about them.

I'm REALLY looking forward to Assail and Sola... I feel like Assails story arc could be headed in the same direction as Rehv's, so I hope there can be something different and exciting there... The best part of Lover at Last was when Qhuinn flew he and Z outta there on that broke-down Cessna. I want to see more heroics like that, more taking ones life in one's own hands for the life of a brother.

Maybe bring some females over from the old world, a new evil female perhaps, that falls in love with Throe... and turns out to be Xhex's long lost, full sin-eater, half sister... or something nefarious as such.

I'd like to see some of the females do other things than be in the medical profession. I understand the author comes from a background of it, and it must just be the easiest to come to the front of the brain, but something other than in the medical field would be good, and then we can open up to meet some new females. I like it when the females have been introduced in books previous, rather than just being introduced to them for the first time in their own book, such as with Doc Jane and V, or Ehlena and Rev. We'd never met her before and she seemed out of place, and still kind of does, to be honest.

I can't wait for Assail and Sola to hook up for the first time. I feel like it's gonna be explosive, and it damn well better be. The two of them have got some serious chemistry, and I love me some Assail!

If the mansion goes down in a raid like Havers' clinic did back in #5 or #6, I'ma be real mad-like. REAL mad-like. Infiltrated and compromised by the BOB fine, but definitely not by lessers... I'm getting quite sick of the lessers, in all honesty. I think there needs be a new evil in town. They can still be there in the background, being a career for the Brothers, and all, but I think there needs to be something new for them all to unite and fight against for the next few books, if indeed, there are going to be any more... considering Wiki says there's another Wrath/ Beth story coming, perhaps that shall be the end... an heir will be born, and THEN they'll all live happily ever after.

Some reviews have stated they hated all the different characters, and if I hadn't already been involved with them all, I can see how that could be a bit too much sometimes, however, I enjoyed having that many characters to read into.

Editing in the first edition could have been better for Lover at Last , that's for sure. I'm not sure I've read a book that had that many grammatical and spelling errors. More time need be taken in that category. I hate having to re-read a sentence because it wasn't properly written.

All in all, I've read a lot of books, but this series is by far my most favourite series of all time. If the author cuts things off after the next book, I might be tempted to pick up my own pen and paper (or laptop, as t'would seem), and write my own, that's how badly I want to see the rest of the characters fail or succeed, I don't care which, I'd just like to see their ends... maybe after all is said and done, one last book called "Epilogue" or something, where we see them all a thousand years down the road in their old age, with all their children and grand children and their grand children. All I know is that I wish wish WISH I could be there with them all at the end, a thousand years down the road, give or take, of course.

Heather I am not happy that the next book is about Wrath and Beth when I was hoping for an Assail/Sola or Xcor and Layla book. Don't get me wrong, I love Wrath and Beth, but I feel that it's not time for another story about them yet. If this is the end as you suggested, I hope she closes all the doors that she opened in Lover at Last.

Claudia the Night Owl I can't wait to hear more about Assail and Sola either and also the other lawyer isn't Saxton it's his father.

ERIN SCHMIDT I'm the opposite - I couldn't care less about Assail and Sola, but I desperately want some kind of happy ending for Saxton. I'm totally into Qhuay, but it's sad that Blay and Saxton had to break up for it to happen.

I will be VERY excited about a book devoted mainly to Xcor and Layla. I love them together.

I will be extremely enthused for a Trez and Selena book, too. There's never enough Trez and iAm, and I think they could be really fascinating characters.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

As I was so disappointed in this title (he figures it out at the bar, really, that was his epiphany!) at this point, wrap it up with Wrath and Beth then. Can I just find out why those damn coffins are in the garage!!!

Kelle Erin wrote: "I'm the opposite - I couldn't care less about Assail and Sola, but I desperately want some kind of happy ending for Saxton. I'm totally into Qhuay, but it's sad that Blay and Saxton had to break up..."

I didn't want to read about them either. We already have enough characters that are being neglected, now you are adding NEW people.

message 7: by ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (last edited Sep 02, 2013 05:29AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ I think it's too soon for Layla & Xcor's book although I'm eager for their book. Xcor's issue with Wrath & the Brotherhood needs to play out more before he can even think about havin some kinda of HEA with Layla. These are serious issues that cant just be easily fixed & considering Layla's situation (Baby,Qhuinn, & where her loyalties lie) A book with her and Xcor with all of these unresolved issues hangin over their head, would be premature. I am anxious to see how it plays out but not so anxious that I will take a book from them so soon. I think it needs to be way more build up and some situations resolved first.

I'm more eager for Trez's story to unfold than Assail's although I love me some Assail, his predicament with Sola is not really grabbing me at this point. While reading LaL I was much more invested in Trez's side plot than Assail's.

I think since the question of Wrath's throne/kingdom is in trouble, his issues with havin an Heir etc.. are crucial so I'm glad his book will be next cos it all plays into why Xcor/BOB are there, the glymera, wanting to boot Wrath out by any means & Wrath's own personal/emotional issues with becoming a father & leavin a legacy to his child. A legacy he himself didn't want to embrace. So I think book 12 "The King" has come at the perfect time

Jazzbdbfan I am not old!!! ... ahem yes I am not but I'd like it if Ms Ward would place in a Glossary for me to know half of her acronyms she uses throughout her books... I just MUW's (make up words) to flow WTS (with the story) - See! I'm sure nobody knew what that meant until I interpreted for you! Otherwise I love the books.
I don't like how Ms Ward is quite descriptive of the Brotherhood's Strength and powers and yet they always seem to nearly get killed by a little ol' Lesser - I dont really care for the Lessers they are wimpy and for a lack of a better word boring!!! I'd love their new foes to be big and strong like the BDB only evil!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ Jazzbdbfan wrote: I dont really care for the Lessers they are wimpy and for a lack of a better word boring!!! I'd love their new foes to be big and strong like the BDB only evil!
"

I agree. The Lessers have never been much of a worthy foe IMO. They are boring, mindless little robots. The only Lessers that were of interest were Mr. O (Zsadist's book) & Lash (we all know who this is) They were the only enemies/Lessers that I didn't feel the almost undeniable urge to skip over in the book.

Patty Kathryn wrote: "As I was so disappointed in this title (he figures it out at the bar, really, that was his epiphany!) at this point, wrap it up with Wrath and Beth then. Can I just find out why those damn coffins ..."

Finally, someone else that wants to know about the coffins! Wonder if it has to do with one of V's visions.

Lynda Bester Jazzbdbfan wrote: "I am not old!!! ... ahem yes I am not but I'd like it if Ms Ward would place in a Glossary for me to know half of her acronyms she uses throughout her books... I just MUW's (make up words) to flow ..."

Thank you!! I;m glad i'm not the only one, What the hell...i spend valuable minutes trying to figure it out. like HEA???? can someone help with this?

Lynda Bester Hello fellow BDB lovers!!!

So read all 11 books like...a lot. And, needless to say i love them all, Natch (to coin a frase) and i agree and disagree with some of of the stuff said above.
the coffins...hell yeah.What is in them?
Saxton...like him. JRW needs to find him a good man...maybe one of the BOB...can you imagine. Oh...what abot iAm? haha, Kidding!!! sheesh. Dont shoot.
I didnt know about the next Beth and Wrath book, so cool,, as long as it has lots of Qhuay and JM in it. But I have a few questions re Lover at Last,
What happened to Blays gunshot in the leg?
What was in the lock box?
What was in the other drums? Cause they all had Omega blood in them... And how can there not be more books? Hello? What the hell. There are tons of other characters that need their story told? and the Omega, the ass, is front and centre, but the Scribe Virgin? Where'd she go?

Jaime Daphne wrote: "I just finished re-reading the entire Black Dagger Brotherhood series one after the other after the other because it'd been since
Lover Mine that
I had read them, and they're all just so damn g..."

The lawyer at the end talking to Xcor is Saxton's father. :)

Lynda Bester Jaime wrote: "Daphne wrote: "I just finished re-reading the entire Black Dagger Brotherhood series one after the other after the other because it'd been since
Lover Mine that
I had read them, and they're all..."

I must say i did suspect poor saxton, but i'm glad to hear it's not him. And he is a gentlemale, so i'm sure he will do the right thing.

Jaime Lynda wrote: "Jaime wrote: "Daphne wrote: "I just finished re-reading the entire Black Dagger Brotherhood series one after the other after the other because it'd been since
Lover Mine that
I had read them, a..."

I was glad that it wasn't him also. I wasn't prepared to like Saxton, but he has grown on me as a character. :)

Lynda Bester Patty wrote: "Kathryn wrote: "As I was so disappointed in this title (he figures it out at the bar, really, that was his epiphany!) at this point, wrap it up with Wrath and Beth then. Can I just find out why tho..."

OOOh...now thats a thought

message 17: by Terri (last edited Sep 25, 2013 10:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terri Heather wrote: "I am not happy that the next book is about Wrath and Beth when I was hoping for an Assail/Sola or Xcor and Layla book. Don't get me wrong, I love Wrath and Beth, but I feel that it's not time for a..."

The next book that is coming out is The King. It is taking off where Lover at Last ended.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17...

Jazzbdbfan Lynda wrote: "Jazzbdbfan wrote: "I am not old!!! ... ahem yes I am not but I'd like it if Ms Ward would place in a Glossary for me to know half of her acronyms she uses throughout her books... I just MUW's (make..."

Just had a thought? Maybe "HEA" could be 'happy ever after' :-) Sounds good to me!

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ Yeah that is what HEA stands for.

Paige Duff Jazzbdbfan wrote: "I am not old!!! ... ahem yes I am not but I'd like it if Ms Ward would place in a Glossary for me to know half of her acronyms she uses throughout her books... I just MUW's (make up words) to flow ..."

She has a list at the beginning of each book with the list of words that she uses, at least in the book forms. I have not seen a E-Book version.

Monique As a MEGA FAN of this series I am so, so, so excited for THE KING!!! Its going to be freaking amazing....and unlike some readers I really believe now is a great time to reintroduce us to Wrath and Beth and his kingship/having a young because I mean when you think about it, Wrath has done a complete 360. I mean we see him in Dark Lover being frustrated with his role as king and we see development throughout the books to like Lover Avenged where Wrath really begins to make changes and then in LaL we see him change the membership rules for the frickin' brotherhood...now that's some major shit!! So I totally think it's time for Wrath and Beth and all the brothers!!!

Priscilla TF I just really hope that The King ties up some loose ends! I am super excited and i cannot wait to read it. I really want more of Xcor and Muhrder. the other new characters and Trev seem so bland to me... i think iAm is really mysterious too. I'd like to read more about him. It would be so awesome for the BoB become BDB! I think good things are to be expected from the upcoming book.

message 23: by Lee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lee I would like to see how Xcor & Layla together but I have this awful feeling that their relationship is doomed , they seem to have a Romeo & Juliet vibe about them , which is a shame .

I like Assail & Sola and I am looking forward to their continuing story

I want to know more about Lucas and see some kind of HEA for Saxton

Debra I love this series of books and spend some time on the boards. I am excited that the next book is Wrath's. It is needed at this time. With what is happening with the Glymera and Xcor's working havoc, this book is almost required. Wrath having an heir right now is critical to the overall story arc as was alluded to in the last book.

The last I heard and saw on the Boards has that Ms. Ward has stated that the series is open-ended with the Publisher. I really want Xcor and Layla's story--however, I don't want to see the author redeem Xcor's character too early simply to get to the HEA. I love the havoc he is causing because we get more story that way. Plus I like the internal conflict in that he is I think actually a good guy at heart and very tender towards Layla yet is willing to wreck all the havoc he and his BOB are doing in order to achieve his political goals of ousting Wrath and taking over.

Ms. Ward stated the other day on her Facebook page that Assail will be in the next book--I really like his storyline with Sola and am looking forward to it unfolding. However, I do see some similarities with him and Rehvenge and hope that his "redemption" is different than Rev's.

I want to see more with Saxton. I think he is going to be critical to the future of the race with all the research he is doing for Wrath. I also see a good conflict coming with him and his father over things. And I also think he deserves to find his HEA.

Great discussion everyone!

Kathryn I can't believe that people on here really like Xcor. HE TRIED TO ASSINATE WRATH!!!! Therefore absolutley NO HEA for him. I am not interested in Assail and Sola either. This series is called the BDB not the side story people. Ms. Ward has enough to keep us coming back for more without all of these other characters. There is nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing that Xcor can do to redeem himself in my eyes.

Even though I'm pretty sure that he is Thor's brother, and therefore will get saved when it comes out, I don't want that to happen. I also do not want any harm to come to Qhuinn's daughter so Layla has to suffer. Sorry...............

The shadow's stories can be fleshed out as well as the return of Mhurder. I hope she does not introduce anyone else new. Assail is not going to be a brother and we've already done his story with Rhev, so what's the point????

Melody Mongeon i think he is vishous and payne's sibling, but could be thors too. also think that we will find some assimilation of the band of bastards into the brotherhood i think the real enemy will be the glimmera elitists and possibly human govornment as it progresses.

Mochaspresso I shouldn't but I really do feel bad for Xcor. I'd like to see him create some major havoc and then redeem himself and be brought into the Brotherhood.

message 28: by ~*~Princess Nhya~*~ (last edited Feb 21, 2014 01:52PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

~*~Princess Nhya~*~ Mochaspresso wrote: "I shouldn't but I really do feel bad for Xcor. I'd like to see him create some major havoc and then redeem himself and be brought into the Brotherhood."

I didn't want to love Xcor either. But every book since his introduction, I feel more & more for him. I admit I was very intrigued by him when he first came on the scene, but as much as I've grown to love him, I still want him to pay for what he's done and/or is trying to do where Wrath & the Brotherhood are concerned. Then I would like to see him have an epic redemption. That's why I think it can't be possible for he & Layla to have any type of relationship/story yet, until all the things that are keeping them apart are settled. And settled firmly. If their story were to come before any of this happens, it would rob them of a great story/journey

Christine I would like to see the story unfolding as Xcor being Wrath's full blooded brother that nobody knew about and Havers finding out when he has to patch up Xcor at the clinic at some point. This would put the Glymera in a spin and could lead to the 'epic redemption' and mating with Layla. Their children would then be more full blooded than any Wrath and Beth would have.

I would love iAm to find someone - maybe he's gay and find's love with Saxton.

There are so many possibilities that the series could be never ending - I would love that.

Monique I HATE XCOR. He cannot in my opinion ever be redeemed for me. He is who he is and my heart rests with the original brothers. So psyched about the upcoming Black Dagger Legacy series because I feel like it needs to come back to them. Also I used to like Layla (Lover Eternal) but now not really into her. I have absolutely no interest in a redemption for Xcor I feel like there are so many ways he could have been portrayed that would have made him so much more favourable but alas unfortunately the Warden failed (I hate using that word, she is like my favourite author ever) but he just is a big NO for me. Also I am really not interested in Assail and Sola...as I said my heart rests with the original brothers and their interaction of the world.