Let's Talk About Julie Garwood discussion

Julia Quinn
This topic is about Julia Quinn
Other Authors > Julia Quinn

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 2159 comments Mod
Any fans of this author feel free to discuss and comment here.

message 2: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 350 comments I enjoy reading Julia Quinn, her books are full of smart dialogue, fun banter and funny scenes.
When I read JQ I want something fast, funny and light, her books are the kind of books you can't retell a friend the story later, because their enjoyment is in the language.

A lot of people seem to like her Bridgeton series, but I seem to like these the least, I haven't read all of them, but "When He Was Wicked" is my fav Bridgeton so far.

And then there is "What Happens In London". I love this book, I LOVE Harry, and I love that drawing room scene.

message 3: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1033 comments Mod
Interesting, Jewel. That is one of my favs in the Bridgerton series, too. However, I don't think it is as funny and light as the others in the series. I'm getting ready to re-read it next month, so let's see if it is as I remember.

message 4: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 350 comments Hi Lisa Kay, yes it was defiantly not light, but for some reason I totally connected with the main character.
A re-read sounds great, I should think about that as well sometimes.

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

I wish this series would come out on audio. However, another group I'm in is re-reading the series and we are set to start this one this month. (I was mistaken in Post #3 - it isn't next month; I had to go check.)

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Lyon's Lady (new)

The reasons you gave - fast, funny, light - are the same reasons I pick up a JQ. Yet, When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6) by Julia Quinn is my favorite in the series - at least it used to me. We'll see if it still holds up.

message 7: by Jewel (new)

Jewel | 350 comments I sometimes find that some books are better read just once.
However I have read What Happens in London three times and enjoyed as much every time.

message 8: by Giulia (new)

Giulia | 143 comments I've read The Lost Duke of Wyndham and Mr. Cavendish, I Presume and I loved them. Like Jewel said, she has wonderful dialogue. And I love the way her descriptions really allow you to get into the characters emotionally. I've picked up Dancing at Midnight which is her second novel from what I understand. There's a bunch more I want to read, but so many books, so little time!

message 9: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 2159 comments Mod
I've loved most of what she has written. There were maybe 2 or 3 of her books that only got 3 stars from me. But I've read almost everything she has published to date so that's not bad.

message 10: by Giulia (new)

Giulia | 143 comments I need to win the lottery so I can stay home and read all these awesome authors.