Let's Talk About Julie Garwood discussion

Johanna Lindsey
This topic is about Johanna Lindsey
Other Authors > Johanna Lindsey

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 2159 comments Mod
Any fans of this author feel free to discuss and comment here.

message 2: by Joeera (new)

Joeera  | 109 comments I love her

Malory-Anderson

series as well as her

Viking

series

message 3: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Same here on those, Joeera. I haven't been enjoying her newer stuff though.

message 4: by McGee Magoo (new)

McGee Magoo I've read the Malory novels over and over and over again and LOVE them. I've stepped out and read a few of her other, early books and wasn't really impressed. This was a long time ago, but I got the impression she did a lot of bodice-ripping stuff. Forced seduction--Mean-at-first-heroes. The Malory's aren't like that. any recommendations of books of hers that are more like the malory's?

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 116 comments Mod
She was my first HR author. I hoarded my limited money to buy her books. I read some of her books in my collection until they fell apart. Unfortunately, I haven't felt a burning desire to read her newer books. I will one day.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Garwood Makes Me Smile (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 116 comments Mod
Shannon wrote: "I've read the Malory novels over and over and over again and LOVE them. I've stepped out and read a few of her other, early books and wasn't really impressed. This was a long time ago, but I got ..."

Actually most of her books after the early 80s aren't bodice rippery.

message 7: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Yes, she is fairly tame nowadays.

message 8: by ✿-Anna-✿ (new)

✿-Anna-✿ (annad347) Shannon wrote: "I've read the Malory novels over and over and over again and LOVE them. I've stepped out and read a few of her other, early books and wasn't really impressed. This was a long time ago, but I got ..."

Defy Not The Heart... is my ultimate favorite Johanna Lindsey book.

Its like a knight in shinning armor kind of story.

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) I liked her Malory series, but I have found that her books are on again off again. Make Me Love You Make Me Love You by Johanna Lindsey is really good.

message 10: by Pamela(AllHoney), Brodick is MINE! (new)

Dee wrote: "I liked her Malory series, but I have found that her books are on again off again. Make Me Love YouMake Me Love You by Johanna Lindsey is really good."

I have not appreciated her latest books as much as her earlier ones.

message 11: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (ocreader) | 10 comments If you have only read the "Mallory" series, then you have not really tried all her books. I absolutely love her Western-themed books. "Angel" (Wyoming-Western Series book 3) is to this day one of my all-time-favorites - it is VERY comparable to the "Mallory" series.

Some others are: A Man to Call My Own; Marriage Most Scandalous; Brave the Wild Wind (Wyoming-Western Series book 1); Savage Thunder (Wyoming-Western Series book 2); A Heart So Wild (Straton Family book 1); All I Need Is You (Straton Family book 2); One Heart to Win; and Wildfire In His Arms.

These books are fun with well thought out characters, that grab you from the first chapter and leave you wanting to find out more.

message 12: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Dee wrote: "I liked her Malory series, but I have found that her books are on again off again. Make Me Love YouMake Me Love You by Johanna Lindsey is really good."

I have not app..."

Excellent! I am buddy reading this with Catherine and am having trouble stopping where we've decided.

I read one of the Malory books and really enjoyed it. I usually can't stand the ones set in the US West.