Anti-Asshat Indie Authors discussion

Writing > Experimentation

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) | 177 comments Mod
What's a genre you want to write in but are still a little iffy about for whatever reason (time/research/experience/etc.)?

I really want to write a bodice-ripper and a gothic novel, but find all that research a little daunting!

message 2: by Rick (new)

Rick Gualtieri (rickgualtieri) Well I've already done erotica. I'd say the next challenge for me, when time allows, is an actual family friendly YA story

message 3: by Mike (last edited Jun 09, 2013 05:10AM) (new)

Mike Elton (mikeselton) | 6 comments Graphic novel. I've made several short comics over the years, but never buckled down to do the work required for art and writing duties on a big GN. The genre wouldn't be unexplored territory, just the vast amount of work.

message 4: by Elly (new)

Elly Helcl (ellymae) | 118 comments Mod
I want to write a YA book...considering the...umm...very adult nature of the current series I am writing, I am a little concerned about using my real name for that one.

I have the story line and I think it is a pretty good one...but without the normal sheer horror I try to put into a few scenes of my books.

I think it is a little bland, but everyone I know loves the short I did for it...So, a YA may be my next book...though I will probably be back in this group asking advise on whether or not to use a pen name for my YA books.

Nenia ✨ I yeet my books back and forth ✨ Campbell (neniacampbell) | 177 comments Mod
Elly wrote: "I want to write a YA book...considering the...umm...very adult nature of the current series I am writing, I am a little concerned about using my real name for that one.

I have the story line and ..."

A pen name might be a good idea if you write the really twisted adult stuff! You wouldn't want the kiddies getting a hold of the naughty stuff by mistake. (: