Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Vampires

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Larisa (new)

Larisa Walk | 71 comments In the Middle Ages if a baby was born w/teeth he was considered to be a vampire.

Long ago people believed you can become a vampire if you ate the sheep that was killed and partially eaten by a wolf.

If a baby was born with natal teeth, he was believed to be a vampire.

To keep vampire from rising from his coffin, you could cut off his head or his heart or his feet.

Before people started believing that sunlight can kill a vampire, they thought that during daytime a vampire turned back into his human form.

It was believed that vampires could turn themselves into bats, foxes, moths or even a vapor, so they could slip through tight spaces and get into their victim's room.

If a baby was born with birth abnormalities, he was believed to be a potential vampire.

First vampires were not handsome and suave, the way we see them in fiction now. They were bloated corpses come to life, more of a zombie, than a vampire, really.

Sources: Wikipedia; "Monsters and demon" by Charlotte Mongegue.

message 2: by Brandy (new)

Brandy Nacole (brandynacole) | 72 comments Wow! I knew about all these except for the birth abnormalities.

Thanks for posting!

message 3: by Missdevora (new)

Missdevora Thanks for posting, Larisa :D

I think this is an awsome theory:

Before people started believing that sunlight can kill a vampire, they thought that during daytime a vampire turned back into his human form.

I haven't read yet a book where it applies, if someone did read one would you post the title, please?

message 4: by Brittney (new)

Brittney (BrittneyM) | 3 comments WOW!!! I knew some of these things but not all!! Thanks for posting this, I'm glad to learn this. :-)

message 5: by Larisa (new)

Larisa Walk | 71 comments You are all very welcome, ladies. A virtual rose for each of you. :)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Cool! Some of those things I have never read. Thank you so much for posting. :)

message 7: by Lanell (new)

Lanell Horton (hortonsgirl4life) | 50 comments This is so cool! Thanks for posting. I just read this series where the girl can see through any paranormals glamour, & saw zombies as dried up corpses. I had never heard of that before, so it was interesting to see this in your thread.

message 8: by Lanell (new)

Lanell Horton (hortonsgirl4life) | 50 comments I meant vampires. Lol

message 9: by Larisa (new)

Larisa Walk | 71 comments No problem. I like to spread the word about interesting magical/paranormal trivia. Enjoy.

message 10: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (khardman) | 3 comments This just reminds of some of the weird things people used to believe. For instance, in some cultures it was believed that when twins were born, one of them was a demon trying to pass for human. So - you guessed it - they would often kill both babies.

message 11: by Larisa (new)

Larisa Walk | 71 comments Kevin wrote: "This just reminds of some of the weird things people used to believe. For instance, in some cultures it was believed that when twins were born, one of them was a demon trying to pass for human. S..."

Lovely! Humanity at its "best". Sad.

Danielle (Dannie) (daniellers2012) | 251 comments Thank you Larisa, for all of the info you have put on here! I think it is awesome!!! It is much appreciated & definitely very interesting! Thank you again for posting all the various info! :)

message 13: by Larisa (new)

Larisa Walk | 71 comments I'm glad you enjoyed it, Danielle. Blessings!