YA/Distopian/Apocalyptic booklover-club discussion

Book-based > Book-recommendations

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

The 39 Clues Series

Divergent

Hunger Games Trilogy

Matched Trilogy

Kingdom Keepers Series

Ali's Pretty Little Lies

message 2: by Wanda (new)

Wanda Cardec | 2 comments Uglies trilogy - my fave series ever!!!

message 3: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (ungraceful_sam) | 2 comments I've read tons of apocalyptic and distopian books!!
A couple I enjoyed the most are...

Blood Red Road by Moira Young, Legend by Marie Lu, Enclave by Ann Aquirre, ad The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

message 4: by Wanda (new)

Wanda Cardec | 2 comments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgArhJ...

Reading this book now and LOVING it!

message 5: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Brown (olivemebooks) | 4 comments My recommendation is basically most of the books that have been already said, but everyone should read The 5th Wave By: Rick Yancey is amazing. I read it back in May (also the month it came out) it's really good. The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave, #1) by Rick Yancey The 5th Wave

message 6: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Brown (olivemebooks) | 4 comments :) I know it's awesome, and I can't wait for the second book

message 7: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Brown (olivemebooks) | 4 comments yeah :( but I loved how the point of view kept changing and the whole concept of the each wave and what they did was pretty cool and creative :)

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Miller | 3 comments I absolutely LOVE Divergent and The Giver... anyone have any other recommendations that don't involve the super natural but focus on class and a different type of social structure than we currently live in?

message 9: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Miller | 3 comments awesome Thanks!!! hitting the library tomorrow :)

message 10: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Miller | 3 comments I had looked at The Selection earlier but thought against it. I'm adding it to my want list from the library now. Definitely interested in the others. Thanks again.

message 11: by Cristine (new)

Cristine (skyfury) | 1 comments Hey, just joined the group. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Maze Runner trilogy. That is one of my faves, and to me, much better than THG.

message 12: by Michaela (new)

Michaela | 2 comments We're reading Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood in my English Lit class and I love it. It is an adult novel and the writing style is wonderful. It's not for everyone but I'd give it a look over :)

YA/Distopian/Apocalyptic booklover-club

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The 5th Wave (other topics)