Ask Brian Larson discussion

Were you bullied in school?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian Larson (crystal_secrets) | 11 comments Mod
One of the others things that I experienced in my youth growing up was that I was a lot smaller that others. Throughout grade school, and pretty much in every grade, many took advantage of my size.

There's a scene in the book that deals with this topic and I wrote it because of my experiences.

Have you are someone you know been a bullied?

message 2: by Vashti (new)

Vashti Quiroz-Vega (vashtiq) | 1 comments Hello Brian! I had a good friend in school who was relentlessly bullied by an individual. I was terrified of this person like all the other kids, and it really hurt me to stand by and watch my friend being bullied. It also frustrated me that the teachers just stood by and did nothing. Finally one day I swallowed my fears and stood up to the bully. She turned out to be nothing but a big coward and stopped bothering my friend after that. Of course I was lucky. I know it doesn't always work out that way. I guess my point is that bullying not only hurts the victim. Bullying also affects the friends and family of the victims. I touch on this subject in my book, The Basement as well.

message 3: by Brian (new)

Brian Larson (crystal_secrets) | 11 comments Mod
Oh so true that it effects many others besides the victim. Usually, the bullies do turn out to be nothing more than a cowards, but until a person steps up to them, they will continue.

Thanks for the comments!!

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (bellz18) | 1 comments Ya I was bullied all throughout my life and it was tough for me growing up. I got teased a lot and it really hurt. The teasing stuck with me for awhile after High School, but I eventually got over it.

message 5: by Karen Diana (new)

Karen Diana (karendianarodsan) | 1 comments In Latin America they teach you that once someone bothers you and the next you have to defend it but make a puree. I was also tested little some hurt me more than anything with words, but I had a good teacher and I respect it deserved win