The Danamaniacs discussion

General discussions > Book recommendation

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bev (new)

Bev Jurkowski | 18 comments I just finished My Temporary Life that is part of the (My Temporary Life Trilogy) - by Martin Crosbie. It was a free download on Amazon for Kindle. Well written, great story. Dual setting of Vancouver (British Columbia) and Scotland.

message 2: by Janice (new)

Janice | 15 comments Thanks for the tip.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 3 comments A friend recently recommended two authors - Jacqueline Winspear's Maisie Dobbs series which I highly recommend. The other author is Robin Paige, a pseudonym for Susan Wittig Albert and her husband Bill Albert. I have just started the first book in the series, Death at Bishop's Keep (an American in England)
Both series have strong women in charge and very accurate historical views of the time they are set in.

message 4: by Bev (new)

Bev Jurkowski | 18 comments I read Michael Connelly's Black Box in a day. He remains a favorite author wih his Harry Bosch series.

message 5: by Doreen (new)

Doreen | 1 comments I love Michael Connelly,have read all of his books. One of my favourite authors is Jeffery Deaver,his new book is due out next week. It'a always a highlight of my summer. I have just downloaded My temporary life,sounds really good,will post when i have finished it.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary | 9 comments Reading Adrian McKinty's new series set in Belfast. Also some Vera Stanhope books from Ann Cleeves.

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Nancy McWilliams | 32 comments Big fan of Michael Connelly also. Once I started reading them I couldn't quit. n