The Riyria Revelations discussion

Hollow World
This topic is about Hollow World
Recent News > Hollow World Audio Books

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 347 comments Mod
While the ink is not yet dry on the contract, I think it is safe to announce that there will be an audio version of Hollow World that will be available when the ebooks go on sale on January 20th.

Recorded Books, who has done such a fabulous job with my Riyria Revelations (and is working on Riyria Chronicles) is purchasing the audio rights and as soon as I get the final copy edited version, they'll start production.

For those that are familiar with the Riyria audio versions, the first question that comes to mind may be, "Will Tim Gerald Reynolds will be narrating?" The answer is...I don't know. I love Tim and think he did a fabulous job on Riyria but Hollow World is a much different book with a very "American" vibe to it and Tim's accent, while great to provide the right feel for Riyria, may not be the right fit for Hollow World.

Bottom line, I'm going to be looking to Recorded Book for making recommendations on that front (they did such an exceptional job in the past), and unlike Riyria, I will have control over the narrator who will be performing.

I can't tell you how exciting this is. I've become a huge fan of audio books since the release of Riyria Revelations, and few self-publishing projects are in a position to provide such a format. Recording and producing an audio book is very expensive ($5,000 - $10,000), but something I was willing to do (the Kickstarter raised some extra cash). But now I don't have to and even better someone is going PAY me to release the title.

Cairi | 2 comments Terrific news!

message 3: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 347 comments Mod
Thanks Cairi