You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > Camp Happy's Scavenger Picture Wall

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 08, 2013 07:53AM) (new)

The Biggie! It’s the picture wall for the Scavenger Hunt!
Spend the week being on the lookout for these items, the post them on the Picture wall of the Camp Happy Mess hut for everyone to see.

Good Luck Campers, you need to try & find:

Umbrella
Heart, any color but red
Flashlight or lantern
Tent or sleeping bag
Campfire
Cocktail
Yellow piece of fruit
Strange roadside sign/billboard
Canoe, kayak or sailboat
Stars
Body of water
Bird
Post office or UPS truck
Statue
Interesting piece of architecture
Dessert
Flower in bloom
Restaurant menu
Flagpole
Underwear you wouldn’t be caught dead in
Something you see every day
Mailbox
Library

message 2: by Sarah, Moderator (last edited Jun 15, 2013 06:11AM) (new)

Sarah | 18055 comments My first two items found!

A MailBox (PostBox) which is in the wall of my front garden at home.

Flowers in Bloom in my front garden.

Flagpole in someone's garden

Dessert - Trdelník - Czech cake/bread

Bird - A duck in a water feature/fountain in a garden in Prague

Strange Roadside - strange because I do not know what it means or am I able to pronounce it - taken in Prague

Interesting piece of Architecture - Gothic Cathedral inside Prague castle

Statue - astronomer Milan Rastislav Štefánik at Štefánik's Observatory, Prague

Something I see everyday - my kindle

Body of Water - River Vltava, Prague

Umbrella - a guide in Prague

Lantern - placed at base of a statue

Heart - necklaces in shop window

Sailboat - taken in a quirky little café in Prague

Stars - Ceramic Shop sign next to tram stop

Yellow piece of fruit - lemon to go with tea at breakfast buffet in hotel

Tent

A couple last minute pictures...

Menu - Weatherspoons - Classy! Went to loads of nice restaurants in Prague and forgot to take any pictures

Post Office

I had intended to go out and take the remaining photos once back from Prague but my legs are knackered so decided to sit and read instead!

message 3: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments Sarah - did you move or delete your pictures from photobucket after posting them here?

message 4: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18055 comments I moved them to an album that I created for the toppler - I take it they are no longer showing? I can see them. I will repost the links.

message 5: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments Thanks!

message 6: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 9954 comments Sarah wrote: "My first two items found!

A MailBox (PostBox) which is in the wall of my front garden at home."

Mailbox is just too cool!!!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Fabulous start to the pictures, Sarah.

message 8: by Marnie (new)

Marnie (marnie19) | 1988 comments Love your mailbox Sara. Do you have both a front and a back garden?

message 9: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18055 comments Thanks guys. A small front garden and we have a small patio out the back with some shrubs too - it's a rented property and our landlord sees to it all so no say on what is in there unfortunately but it looks nice!

message 10: by Lisa (last edited Jun 09, 2013 11:51AM) (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Nice pictures Sarah! You've got some lovely summer weather in your part of Blighty by the look of it :) It's overcast where I am :(

message 11: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18055 comments I'm in Bristol Lisa. It's been nice all day although the wind makes it a little chilly at times.

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments You have definitely got it nicer in Bristol than I have in Buckinghamshire. It's been cloudy, windy and cold pretty much all day. It's meant to be getting better in the next few days though. Yay!

message 13: by Cathie (last edited Jun 10, 2013 11:59AM) (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments The west end beach area of Toronto - Sunnyside Beach - flagpole & boat

message 14: by Cathie (last edited Jun 15, 2013 12:32AM) (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments Flowers at a beautiful floral park by my home

Big bumblebee on flower

Umbrella

Heart, any color but red
Flashlight or lantern
Tent

Campfire
Cocktail
Yellow piece of fruit

Stars
Body of water & sailboat

Canadian Goose

Post office or UPS truck

Brass Monkey Statue

Interesting piece of architecture:
From the Guild Sculpture Gardens located in Scarborough (about 1/2 hour from my home by public transit). This park has amazing pieces of building architectures and sculptures that use to be part of old historic buildings in Toronto before they were demolished. It's one of my favourite places to go to take photographs and walk along the bluffs and by the water.

Dessert
Restaurant menu
Mailbox
Library

Something you see everyday: My books :-)

message 15: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 3986 comments Well, here's a few...

Umbrella
Umbrella photo umbrella_zps075fe1db.jpg

Heart, any color but red
Heart photo heart_zps2b30c82e.jpg

Flashlight or lantern
Lantern photo lantern_zps56eb7644.jpg

Tent or sleeping bag
Campfire
Cocktail
cocktail photo cocktail_zpsb1a03f13.jpg

Yellow piece of fruit
Canoe, kayak or sailboat
Stars
Body of water
Bird
Post office or UPS truck
Statue
Dessert
Flower in bloom
flower photo flower_zpsabc326a2.jpg

Restaurant menu
Flagpole
Mailbox
Library

message 16: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments What's the yummy looking cocktail?

message 17: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 3986 comments jaxnsmom wrote: "What's the yummy looking cocktail?"

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe...

It looks dark red as my glass is red tinted.

message 18: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments That sounds absolutely delicious for a summer day!

I have a bleeding heart plant, but the flowers are gone already. I love their shape! I was also wondering, do you use the end of the umbrella for stabbing people? ☺

message 19: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments Esther, I love your umbrella photo :-)

message 20: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 46323 comments Great pictures everyone! That cocktail looks delicious!

message 21: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 3986 comments jaxnsmom wrote: "That sounds absolutely delicious for a summer day!

I was also wondering, do you use the end of the umbrella f..."

LOL... I DID almost stabbed a few people with that umbrella when carrying it closed. I picked it up in a store in London years ago. I am afraid to forget it somewhere so I rarely use it.

Of course, now that it's Monday, it is sunny. I will see if I can get a few more pic at lunch time.

message 22: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 9954 comments Oh, I love bleeding hearts. We used to have a white flowered one.

message 23: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18055 comments Just added another photo to my post above - a flagpole.

message 24: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments I love your mailbox photo Sarah :-). Is that your home Sarah?

Today it is pouring rain and cold :-(

message 25: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18055 comments Cathie wrote: "I love your mailbox photo Sarah :-). Is that your home Sarah?

Today it is pouring rain and cold :-("

Thanks Cathie. The mailbox isn't my home ;-) The mailbox is in the garden wall which surround my front garden. Here is a picture of my house with mailbox in situ!

message 26: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments Ooops, I did it again. Posted too fast for what my brain was thinking, lol. I think I have burnt out some brain cells from reading so much; I know my eyes are bleary!

I mean was that a picture of your house in the flagpole picture.

Now I see your home; I could peek in the front window and watch you reading if the blinds weren't drawn, lol.

message 27: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18055 comments Cathie wrote: "Ooops, I did it again. Posted too fast for what my brain was thinking, lol. I think I have burnt out some brain cells from reading so much; I know my eyes are bleary!

I mean was that a picture o..."

Yes my eyes are bleary too from all the reading.

No the house in the picture with the flagpole isn't mine. I spotted it this morning on the road where my chiropractor is based. Your flagpole picture looks for more exotic than mine!

message 28: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments exotic... I'm laughing, cause that's just our everyday west end beach area here in the Toronto area, and I'm not even particularly fond of that beach. I like the east end beach, "The Beach" district where I grow up in. In the Toronto area we have at least 5 beach areas to choose from. We are very lucky :-)

message 29: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18055 comments Cathie wrote: "exotic... I'm laughing, cause that's just our everyday west end beach area here in the Toronto area, and I'm not even particularly fond of that beach. I like the east end beach, "The Beach" distri..."

Perhaps it was the lighting in the photo then :-) It does look nice though. I have no beach, well that's not strictly true - the nearest beach to me is Weston-Super-Mare about 40 minutes away in the Bristol Channel - no swimming there though unless we want to spend an hour walking to the water when the tide has gone out - it's a bit muddy too I recall but they do have donkeys!

message 30: by Cathie (last edited Jun 10, 2013 01:47PM) (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments Donkeys!! I grew up with the beach less than a minute walk down from our home. Probably why my most favorite spots has to have water, sand and sun :-)

I guess it is exotic. I once posted a shot on Webshots that was a picture of our bluffs area and someone asked if it was taken in Hawaii! We are privileged to have many beautiful spots in the Toronto area and a wonderful harbourline on Lake Ontario.

You have made me realize how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful spot. I've always loved the beauty found in our city, but I guess lately I must have been taking it for granted. Thanks for helping to open my eyes again Sarah :-)

message 31: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18055 comments Ah thanks Cathie! I know what you mean about taking things for granted though. A few years back I went to Krakov to see some friends and I kept saying that we didn't have funky buildings in England like they do there - they disagreed with me and since coming back, I pay more attention to my surroundings and have found lots of funky buildings and many in my city at that!

message 32: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments I am in awe of countries that have architecture older than 200 years. Here in Canada, we are such a "new" country that we have very little in historic buildings, and those we do have are often demolished in "favor" of erecting something new and modern. It always makes me realize just how young our country is.

message 33: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 46323 comments It's raining today so the umbrellas on the patio are closed. That seems ironic doesn't it?

photo umbrella_zpsbb409f88.jpg

message 34: by Esther (last edited Jun 10, 2013 10:50PM) (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 3986 comments Cathie wrote: "I am in awe of countries that have architecture older than 200 years. Here in Canada, we are such a "new" country that we have very little in historic buildings, and those we do have are often dem..."
Indeed. Even for me, being in Quebec, where we do have an old town. It seemed not that old after some trips. :)

message 35: by Esther (last edited Jun 10, 2013 06:37PM) (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 3986 comments Part 2.
Sorry about the quality of some pics. It was late and I only had my iPhone.

Umbrella (message #15)
Heart, any color but red (message #15)
Flashlight or lantern (message #15)
Tent or sleeping bag
Campfire
Cocktail (message #15)
Yellow piece of fruit
RoadSing photo roadsing_zps119e4700.jpg

Canoe, kayak or sailboat
sailboat photo sailboat_zps13cd0d23.jpg

Stars
Body of water
Water photo water_zpsf21b7a8a.jpg

Bird
Post office or UPS truck
PostOffice photo postoffice_zps1ae3e546.jpg

Statue
Statue photo statue_zps3ae599bf.jpg

achuitecture photo architecture_zpsf9142553.jpg

Dessert
Flower in bloom (message #15)
Restaurant menu
Flagpole
Mailbox
Library

message 36: by Esther (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 3986 comments Part 3.
Sorry about the quality of some pics. It was late and I only had my iPhone.

Umbrella (message #15)
Heart, any color but red (message #15)
Flashlight or lantern (message #15)
Tent or sleeping bag
Campfire
Cocktail (message #15)
Yellow piece of fruit
Strange roadside sign/billboard (message #35)
Canoe, kayak or sailboat (message #35)
Stars
Body of water (message #35)
Bird
Post office or UPS truck (message #35)
Statue (message #35)
Interesting piece of architecture (message #35)
Dessert
Dessert photo dessert_zps8ade0962.jpg

Flower in bloom (message #15)
Restaurant menu
menu photo menu_zpse2bd70fa.jpg

Flagpole
flagpole photo flagpole_zpscac53c43.jpg

Mailbox
mailbox photo mIaibox_zps4b4e5963.jpg

Library
library photo library_zpsad6e7b1c.jpg

message 37: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments I love your photos Esther; they are very good :-)

message 38: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments Love the pictures Esther. But tell me, what exactly is a fudge sausage, and is it really a dessert??? Sounds creepy, and doesn't look much better.

Is there a problem with the rabbit-like critters crossing the road there? I had to laugh - is that dad, mom, and baby critter?

Nice looking library. Is that a mural?

message 39: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments I love looking at all the pictures everyone's posting. A lot of them give a better look into everyone's surroundings, which are so diverse. I think this scavenger hunt is letting us know a little more about each other.

Cathie and Esther - I agree with you about the age difference between our countries and Europe. It's so funny to think of something at home as old, and then see a picture of a building in England that's hundreds of years older.

message 40: by Esther (last edited Jun 10, 2013 10:52PM) (new)

Esther (nyctale) | 3986 comments jaxnsmom wrote: "Love the pictures Esther. But tell me, what exactly is a fudge sausage, and is it really a dessert??? Sounds creepy, and doesn't look much better.

LOL it is a fudge shop. A really good one. Thankfully close when i walked by. I cannot resist that fudge.

The road sing is from a restaurant.

And yes it is a mural. You really think there is someone near that wall, don't you?

message 41: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18055 comments I love the bunny sign Esther!

message 42: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18055 comments jaxnsmom wrote: "I love looking at all the pictures everyone's posting. A lot of them give a better look into everyone's surroundings, which are so diverse. I think this scavenger hunt is letting us know a littl..."

Yes it's great to see other people's surroundings and I'm loving it! I'm off to Prague this afternoon so I won't be online until the last day of the toppler but I will still be reading and I will update upon my return. Going to take as many photos there as I can to satisfy the tasks.

message 43: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 9954 comments Sarah wrote: "jaxnsmom wrote: "I love looking at all the pictures everyone's posting. A lot of them give a better look into everyone's surroundings, which are so diverse. I think this scavenger hunt is lettin..."

Prague will be great place to snap photographs. Hope it is dried out. Have a wonderful time!

message 44: by Lisa (last edited Jun 11, 2013 05:54AM) (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Here are a few items that I found:

Umbrella

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Flashlight (torch)

Yellow piece of fruit

A bird (I know it's not a real one but I was trying to think outside the box here)

Flowers in bloom (in my back garden)

Something I see every day (a Venetian cat mask on my wall)

message 45: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2553 comments Jmom - Can you please clear up something for me.

Post office or UPS truck - I read that as a truck (van in the UK) from the Post Office or UPS. That's the photo I have taken.
E seems have posted a picture of a building, which I can only assume is a post office.

Can you clarify please?

message 46: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 16492 comments Thanks Lynn, was just about to ask about this. I'm guessing UPS is a courier service? Can I use a courier van that isn't UPS then? I actually have no idea where the post men park their cars in this city (and most of them are contractors with their own cars, sometimes with a magnet on the outside if they are lucky), and our mail at work is delivered by a courier service so that's why I'm asking the follow up question.

message 47: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments I realized I wasn't clear on that one, so I'll accept either a postal truck or post office.

Yes, UPS is a delivery company (used hear by most companies to ship your order to you, like Amazon). Courier service is fine.

message 48: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments Love the mask Lisa :-)

message 49: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments I want your hummingbird!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in love with that clematis. Mine's only been in a year and is nothing like as spectacular as that.

And Esther's bunny road sign is just hilarious!

« previous 1