2021 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2013 > Penny's 100 book challenge

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Penny (new)

Penny | 26 comments I know I am coming into this group a little late in the year, so my current reading count is 40/100. Last year I lost track of how many books I got though because I was studying for my dissertation.

My current reading list on my profile is a little hap-hazzard...but today I am trying to finish The Giver by Lois Lowry

message 2: by Megan, Challenges (new)

Megan (lahairoi) | 6151 comments Penny wrote: "I know I am coming into this group a little late in the year, so my current reading count is 40/100. Last year I lost track of how many books I got though because I was studying for my dissertation..."

You are welcome to join the group at anytime! Enjoy the Giver - one of my childhood favs!

message 3: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments Have fun with the challenge! I haven't read The Giver but the second book of the series - Gathering Blue - was really good. Enjoy (:

message 4: by Penny (new)

Penny | 26 comments Thank you for your walm welcome. :-) I finished The Giver by Lois Lowry, and now i'm a little stuck on what to read next. I think i will go back to the books that are still on my currently reading list

message 5: by Penny (new)

Penny | 26 comments Chiiping my way though "The Etymologicon" by Mark Forsyth. I have been sliding up to reading this book for a while, but it is a thoughraly enjoyible so far. Some of the links between chapters are a bit jubious at times, but there is a feeling of a natural progression

message 6: by Penny (new)

Penny | 26 comments Got my way though two of the books that I have been chipping away with since the begining of the month.
The Soul of Man by Oscar Wilde
What Good are the Arts? John Carey

Still chosing which book to foucus on next

message 7: by Penny (new)

Penny | 26 comments I have now cut my current reading to two books:
The Pleasure of Thinking by Theodore Dalrymple
The Antipope by Robert Rankin

Already half way though both

message 8: by Penny (new)

Penny | 26 comments Finished both books from the last update...and my attempt to cut down my "currently reading" list was thawted by me recent visit to my local library. At the moment I am 49 books though my 100 books challenge and my reading for this week is:
The Brentford Triangle by Robert Rankin
A Short History of Myth by Karen Armstrong

message 9: by Penny (new)

Penny | 26 comments I have been on a bit of a reading spree and over the last few days my book count is up to 51/100. I have finaly finished reading "Hope and Fears for Art" by William Morris which I have been reading since April. I also finished reading "The Brentford Triangle" by Robert Rankin. So hapy days in the bat camp

message 10: by Penny (new)

Penny | 26 comments I'm now passed the half-way mark. But now with only 43 books left to read I am feeling a bit stuck. It is interesting that my reading has become more and more focused over the course of this challenge. The speed that I read at has also doubled from what it was at the begining of the year. I have also been trying audio-books to give my eyes a rest now that i have to wear glasses which has been a productive endevour. For the second half of the challenge I am going to try and explore more books that relate to art, culture, semiotics and words.

message 11: by Penny (new)

Penny | 26 comments Sorry its been a while since I have posted here, life has been hectic. But I have finally got to 61 books read so far. I still seem to be going though a phase of reading Robert Rankin's work.

message 12: by Penny (new)

Penny | 26 comments Okay, now at 63/100...but at a bit of a reading-loss. Not sure what to read next and everything i am picking up is just not holding my interest at all. Hopefully this is just a phase

message 13: by Alison (new)

Alison G. (agriff22) | 1083 comments what books have u read if u can remember?

message 14: by Penny (new)

Penny | 26 comments http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/...

This should link you to all the books I have read this year. I will also be posting a full list at the end of the year.