UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

General Chat - anything Goes > TODAY - Group Get-together - Saturday 22nd June 2013 - Official Details HERE

Comments Showing 1-50 of 340 (340 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Simon (Highwayman) (last edited Jun 22, 2013 03:27AM) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments OK. Here are the details :

Saturday 22nd June 2013

Stratton House Hotel
London Road
Biggleswade
Bedfordshire
SG18 8ED

There is a small carpark behind the hotel and a public carpark behind that.

2PM official start time

Patti and I will be around from mid-day.

The hotel does food and snacks, tea, coffee etc. Sandwiches will be available at some point in the afternoon.

I think we have a quiz, a couple of talks and hopefully lots of authors and books. If you turn up with a book don't be surprised if you are asked to say something.

Otherwise, it will be a chance to get together and have a chat.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments If anyone wants my mobile number, please PM me.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments I'm still looking for people to contribute. I think we have a quiz. I have one definite speaker and one possible.

Anyone fancy reading a poem?

Does anyone Pole Dance - I could get a pole!

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Brookes (technohippy) I will be there.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Thanks Michael.

That's three.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I'll be there as well. (depending on all arrangements working out)

message 7: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments I'll be there too!!!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Will you be alone or will you be four Deedee?

message 9: by D.D. Chant (last edited Jun 08, 2013 04:19AM) (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Patti (Ogre for Hire) wrote: "Will you be alone or will you be four Deedee?"

I know I'm a little over weight but that's going too far!!! ;-P

Amy will be with me for certain, I'll have to check with Dad and Mum. ;-D

message 10: by Patti (baconater) (last edited Jun 08, 2013 04:20AM) (new)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Okay, that's great Deedee. Make sure Amy brings CDs, eh?

message 11: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Patti (Ogre for Hire) wrote: "Okay, that's great Deedee. Make sure Amy brings CDs, eh?"

Ooo! thanks Peppermint P!!! She's going to be sooooo chuffed when I tell her!!!

message 12: by M.T. (new)

M.T. McGuire (mtmcguire) | 7586 comments I'll be there with books, mugs, post cards and fridge magnets. And I can read an excerpt or if you really want a poem I can subject you to a couple from my old stand up sets. Although they're not that funny I'm afraid.

cheers

MTM

message 13: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments I will be there, in body if not in mind.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Either eight or ten, now.

message 15: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2651 comments Would love to make it but I'll be at Tollesfest! Next time!

message 16: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Just me and Amy, I think Peppermint P. Mum and Dad will have some stuff to do, they may drop in though. ;-D

message 17: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments I'll be there with my one proof copy and some giveaways. I'd be happy to talk, but since everyone else knows more than I do about just about everything, don't know what I'd talk about. I could read a bit of me book I suppose... it'll drive everybody back to the bar at least.

I don't do stand up. I barely do standing up...

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments I'm coming :-)

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Nine.......

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh yeah, the quiz.

Mark has sorted it out. It looks great.

Thank you MagoMark!!

message 21: by Adam (new)

Adam (adammannan) | 133 comments We we're planning to be away that weekend. If I can change that trip, I'll be there. I'll let you know as soon as I find out. I look forward to meeting you all.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I hope you can make it Adam!

message 23: by Adam (new)

Adam (adammannan) | 133 comments Thanks Patti, we can. There will be two of us.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yay!

Eleven! We've broken double digits!

message 25: by Shaun (new)

Shaun (shaunjeffrey) | 2467 comments I'm coming all being well.

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9058 comments Wish I could go! :(

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Well Kath better be going because she's bringing me!

message 28: by Tui (last edited Jun 08, 2013 04:31PM) (new)

Tui Allen (tuibird) | 110 comments I can't come because I live in NZ but I've always wanted to have a real world get-together with some of my online friends from Linked-in or Amazon or Goodreads, so I am VERY envious! What a brilliant idea. Have the next one over here please. I know its a UK thread but my bloke came from Yorkshire and my Granny did too. Is that enough excuse for having one at my place?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Well if you pay for the tickets I'll come like a shot!

message 30: by Tui (new)

Tui Allen (tuibird) | 110 comments Can't do tickets. How about accomodation? You have our spare room.

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I'll start walking after the Biggleswade get-together.

message 32: by Tui (new)

Tui Allen (tuibird) | 110 comments Don't forget your wetsuit and flippers. There's a bit of swimming involved too.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Twelve confirmed now.

message 34: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments I'm planning on being there.

So that's the attendance down to single figures, then.

message 35: by Beverley (new)

Beverley Carter | 199 comments Please add me to your list of attendees! Can't wait! Slightly worried about the idea of a quiz though - my brain's far too slow for that sort of thing but I'll give it my best shot and resort to my usual technique of wild guesses (it worked quite well for me in my O levels).

PS - I feel like I've got off very lightly with the venue as I only live about three miles away!

message 36: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18537 comments Will wrote: "I'm planning on being there.

So that's the attendance down to single figures, then."

Single figure I reckon Will, just you ;o)

message 37: by Will (new)

Will Macmillan Jones (willmacmillanjones) | 11721 comments *sniff*

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Fourteen!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments Well, double figures is good and you don't have to give advance notice if you aren't sure. Just come along.

Although it is nice to know I'm not going to be on my own (with Patti)

message 40: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Simon (Highwayman) wrote: "Although it is nice to know I'm not going to be on my own (with Patti)"

Many people have said the same thing.

message 41: by Michael (new)

Michael Brookes (technohippy) Darren wrote: "Simon (Highwayman) wrote: "Although it is nice to know I'm not going to be on my own (with Patti)"

Many people have said the same thing."

Did they get to say it more than once?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You'd think Darren would be careful of the things he says.

I may be a 6 foot 6 lumberjack who is easily offended.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Simon (Highwayman) wrote: "Well, double figures is good and you don't have to give advance notice if you aren't sure. Just come along.

Although it is nice to know I'm not going to be on my own (with Patti)"

Hey!

I can always just sit in my room n pout you know.

The bar does room service, right?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Any more confirmed attendees?

Who else is getting really excited about this???

message 45: by Michael (new)

Michael Brookes (technohippy) \o/

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yay Michael!

Rosemary (grooving with the Picts) (nosemanny) | 9058 comments Will there be a live feed? Or an official video, for those of us who can't come?

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I was thinking maybe we could do a bit of Skype actually.

I'll have my iPad with me.

message 49: by Mago (new)

Mago (Mark) | 1750 comments Don't Skype Patti! Not with 007 and his cronies monitoring everything! Just a video in a plain brown wrapper will do.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I suppose if I do the filming I'll not have to appear in it. ;)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7