UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Archive > Introduce Yourself here - Summer 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 555 (555 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Simon (Highwayman) (last edited Sep 16, 2013 05:49AM) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4698 comments We are a friendly lot here and there is something for everyone.

If you are struggling to get round our site try Group Quick Start

Please start by adding a post to our ‘Introduce Yourself ‘ thread. We are a nosey lot and would love to know who you are, what you like to read (and write), where you live and what you drink, eat, wear and grow.

This thread meanders off-topic quite a bit but as soon as a new member comes along our friendly but bonkers members soon appear to give you a warm welcome.

Of course you don’t have to introduce yourself if you prefer.

Getting started is often a bit of a problem. Try our Group Quick Start for tips.

You could head off to Meet The Authors,check out our Summer Book Selection, check out the New releases or play some Group Games.

The Author Zone is going great guns. This is not just for authors by any means but gives them a place where they can talk about publishing challenges and resources. It is a no-promo zone!

Even if you don’t feel ready to post something you are most welcome to sit back and watch the fun.

This forum is very lightly moderated (hardly noticeable), occasionally we will ask you to keep a particular thread on topic and we have a few simple rules about author threads and new releases.

There are plenty of ebook related threads, author related discussions including a debate on the merits of KDP Select and a place to share your musical taste.

If you have any problems you can post questions on the threads or visit our Agony Aunt and someone will come along and help. If you would rather not ask your question publicly by all means send a personal message (PM) to Patti or myself and we will try to help.

I archive this section from time to time, so if you want a conversation that isn't going to disappear, feel free to use any of the existing threads or start your own.

Still struggling? Click the link below and tell us how we can make things better.
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 2: by Catriona (new)

Catriona Troth | 13 comments Hi. I jumped into a thread just now before I'd properly introduced myself. (Hangs head in shame.) I'm Catriona Troth, a very new Goodreads author. I'm British by birth and residence, but I grew up in Canada. I read all sorts of things, but especially crime and lit fic. And I will talk endlessly about books if anyone gives me half a chance.

message 3: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments You've come to the right place! We have some excellent authors in those two genres. Have a look around and make yourself at home. :-)

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 1791 comments Hello Catriona! It's nice here, people are friendly, and mad! Talking endlessly about books is always encouraged... have fun!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments We also have some excellent Canadians!

Hi Catriona!

message 6: by Catriona (new)

Catriona Troth | 13 comments It would definitely be good to meet some fellow Canadians!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You already have!

Which bit of Canada did you grow up in? I'm from near Toronto.

message 8: by Catriona (new)

Catriona Troth | 13 comments Oooh, me too. Just north of Toronto - in what used to be a village called Thornhill. But Toronto has sort of oozed over it these days. I was back there earlier this year, and I don't recognise the bits along Yonge St at all (though if I hit the back streets, hardly anything has changed at all).

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments I was born down the 401 in Kitchener, then moved onto to Woodstock until I left to become the wandering ex-pat I am now.

I've not been home in aaaaaaages.

message 10: by Catriona (new)

Catriona Troth | 13 comments Until last year, it had been ten years. But my parents are getting v old now, so I think my return visits may be more frequent.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yeah, I'm gonna have to go back to see my mom soon.

Thankfully she's hale and hearty.

message 12: by Sara (new)

Sara Boyd (saraboydauthor) | 1412 comments Hi Catriona!

message 13: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Hello and welcome Catriona!

message 14: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Hi Catriona!

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Hi Catriona :-)

message 16: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Welcome Catriona :o)

message 17: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Hi J.B.! Welcome!

message 18: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments Hello JB. Nice to meet you.

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma (emzibah) | 4396 comments Hi JB :-)

message 20: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) | 7913 comments Hi everyone!

message 21: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Is this an invasion? Patti, did you organise this?

You are welcome though JB :o)

message 22: by Sara (new)

Sara Boyd (saraboydauthor) | 1412 comments Hi JB! Welcome to the group and to this side of the pond!

message 23: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Hello and welcome JB!

message 24: by Lissa (new)

Lissa | 15 comments Hi everyone, My name's Lissa. I live in London and I am an avid reader. I read a bit of everything really but am always looking for suggestions.

message 25: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments Welcome Lissa. We have a recommendations section further down the main page. Get stuck in!

message 26: by Aimee (new)

Aimee | 5 comments Hi everyone. I'm Aimee and love to read a little bit of everything. Have read about 60 books this year so far. Will pop down and recommend some in a bit.

I'm also an author writing sexy contemporary romance for Harper Collins and Beachwalk Press.

message 27: by Philip (sarah) (new)

Philip (sarah) Willis | 5174 comments Hello Lissa and Aimee!

message 28: by Catriona (last edited Jun 12, 2013 11:05AM) (new)

Catriona Troth | 13 comments Another Canadian! This is brilliant.

And hello to Aimee and Lissa too.

message 29: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments Hello Aimee.

message 30: by Aimee (new)

Aimee | 5 comments Hi *waves*.

message 31: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Hi Lissa and Amiee! Welcome to the fun!

message 32: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Hello newbies :~)

message 33: by Sara (new)

Sara Boyd (saraboydauthor) | 1412 comments Hello Aimee and Lissa!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yay!

We're finally bringing some culture to all these Brits! ;)

message 35: by Sara (new)

Sara Boyd (saraboydauthor) | 1412 comments Hahaha!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Hi Sara!

If you need any help finding your way around please just shout.

message 37: by Sara (new)

Sara Boyd (saraboydauthor) | 1412 comments Hi Sara! I'm Sara.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You make me laugh, Sara!

:D

message 39: by Jud (new)

Jud (judibud) | 18543 comments Hello Lissa, Aimee and Sara

message 40: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Hi Sara!

Welcome!

message 41: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Hello, I'm David Hadley, I've been hanging around here a bit, so I thought it was about time I said hello.

I read more or less everything from literary fiction to the backs of conrflake packets, but mostly SF, thrillers - stuff like that.

I've got a few books out on the Kindle - mostly humour... well, they make me laugh.

I live in the Black Country.

Er... that's about it, except to add that I'm hopeless at things like introducing myself.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Yay! Another David!

Welcome!

message 43: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments Hi David! ;-D

message 44: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Thanks for the welcomes.

message 45: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments Hi New Sara and New David - we'll have to start giving each other numbers soon!

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Can I be 69 please?

message 47: by David (new)

David Hadley | 4873 comments Thanks for the welcome Ignite.

I wanted to be 69 too.

message 48: by D.D. Chant (new)

D.D. Chant (DDChant) | 7680 comments I believe you'll find (if you check the small print in the forum rules) that I am already number 69.

And I'm not even sorry!!! ;-P

message 49: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25094 comments Oooh, Missus!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments Patti (Ogre for Hire) wrote: "Can I be 69 please?"

Theres only one Patti!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12