Awaken (Abandon, #3) Awaken discussion

Ask Meg Cabot a Question for the July YA Newsletter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jade (new)

Jade Hi Meg Cabot fans-

We'll be interviewing her in our July YA Newsletter, and we might ask one of your questions!

Ask her about anything: Her new book, Awaken, her past work, and anything else you'd like to know. We'll choose 10 questions that Meg will answer in the next newsletter.

Jory I have too many ideas, which usually come when I'm halfway through a project. How do you force yourself to finish what you're doing before starting the next project when the new idea is nagging at you?

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie Meg, You tweeted awhile back about another Mediator book. Do you have any idea when it is going to come out? I really love those books and can't wait to see more with Jesse and Suze.

message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda Hi Meg Cabot :) Just wondering, since I love your books so much, have you read any good books yourself lately that you could recommend?

message 5: by Mona (new)

Mona Many authors suffer the dreaded 'writers-block', have you ever suddenly gone blank and if so, what have you done to overcome it and continue writing?

message 6: by Mare (new)

Mare Caseri What are some things you do to give depth to your characters?

Cassie I'm a huge fan of the Mediator series and was so excited when you announced you'd be writing another book in it. What made you decide to revisit those characters and continue their story?

message 8: by Nico (new) - added it

Nico Hi,

We all know that you love pets. They're everywhere on your books, but with little roles.
Do you plan to write a book centered on a pet? Like the Princess's Cat Diary, or the adventures of a vampire-dog? Or even something totally fresh.

I know pet books are often for children, but Allie Finkle is one of my favorite serie, and I clearly imagine some stories like that "written by" a cat or a dog, or a psychic-bunny that was stroke by the thunder. :p

Thanks for your stories! Keep writing! XOXO

Nasty Lady MJ Besides, Persephone what other Greek myths do you like?

message 10: by Carla (new)

Carla Paz Meg, what's your favorite character of one of your books? :)

message 11: by Diana (last edited Jun 10, 2013 04:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Diana Your books feature dreamy guys. What's your advice on how to meet a nice, dreamy guy? :)

message 12: by Elaine (last edited Jun 10, 2013 06:35PM) (new)

Elaine As a teenager, and as an adult, I've always avoided books because of being dyslexic, but I just couldn't put your missing (vanished) series down. I know the last book wrapped up the story nicely, but I just can't enough! Would you ever consider writing another in the series?

message 13: by Nisha (new)

Nisha What advice would you give to someone aspiring to be a writer?

message 14: by Renee (new)

Renee Meg, as an adult, how do you keep a believable teenage girl POV/voice?

Also, Who would win in a fight Jess or Suze?

message 15: by Serene (new)

Serene Who is your favourite character to write about and your favourite character through their personality and why?

message 16: by Serene (new)

Serene Who is your favourite character to write about and your favourite character through their personality and why?

Ana Flavia Meg, are you planning to include more books into the Insatiable series? I miss those characters so much! And what about the Mediator series or new projects you can share with us?

message 18: by Eanna (new) - added it

Eanna How often do you get writer's block?

message 19: by Mel (new)

Mel Did anyone ever make a movie or movies from the mediator series?

message 20: by Jojo (new) - added it

Jojo Hi Meg! I loved the Insatiable series. I was wondering if we will be seeing anymore of Lucien? (Hopefully together with Meena?!?!)

message 21: by Sienna (new)

Sienna  Farris Big fan big fan I'm practically jumping up and down, uh,
So this is on Awaken: Is this really the last of Pierce? Will there be another series that will guest-star her or anything?

message 22: by Riya (new)

Riya Mahesh Hi Meg! I loved the Princess Diaries series. My question for you is how do you keep up with a story for so long, without abandoning it. Like how you write series and each book is as good as its sequel and prequel.

message 23: by snacks (new)

snacks Do you feel your readers expect a certain genre from you ?

message 24: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Giorgianni I absolutely loved the first 2 books in your Abandon trilogy and can't wait for the release of the third! So my question is are you planning to write more books about greek mythology? Or maybe will you not do a trilogy and write a fourth, fifth, maybe sixth book?

message 25: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Giorgianni Diana wrote: "Your books feature dreamy guys. What's your advice on how to meet a nice, dreamy guy? :)"

Please use this question! It's absolutely amazing!

message 26: by Diya (new) - rated it 4 stars

Diya Hey Meg.
I was just wondering,how do you come up with all the epic characters and stories?do they have real life influence in them?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey Meg.
I'm a massive fan of your books. Is there a quote that you live by? If so, what is it?

Cheyenne Winterholler I love your books. They are some of my favorites. What would you say was the most enjoyable book or books to write?

message 29: by Ana (new)

Ana Did you always want to be an author?

message 30: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Hi Meg!
Do you ever base the events in your books on something that genuinely happened? To you or just in general?

message 31: by inga (new)

inga My question would be: In retrospect, are you dissatisified with the way you wrote/concluded/ended some of your older novels, Meg? If you had the chance to revise them or change the outcome, would you? And if so, which book would you change?

message 32: by Becky (new)

Becky Meg-
I love books. I have always loved reading them. Now I'm trying to write one for an up and coming Enrichment fair. How did you take all of your different ideas and put them together? How long (on average) does it take you to write your books?
Your HUGE fan,
Bailey

message 33: by Latifeh (new)

Latifeh I am the BIGGEST fan of Meg Cabot. I accumulated all her books and have read them and even reread some of them and recommended them to every single person I know! My favourite book series by Meg is Queen of Babble! Are you thinking of writing a 4th book for the series? I read somewhere that you are definitely considering it! I hope so!!! I love the way you write and the story lines you come up with!

message 34: by Anna (new)

Anna Meg, you are a great writer. I also am a writer. The one thing I alway have the hardest time with is coming up with ideas. How do you get inspiration and ideas for your books?

message 35: by Moe (new)

Moe Hi, Meg

Love your books. My Favorite is Queen of Babble Series.... Will you being writing a fourth in the series? Also, I know a while back you said that it might become a movie. Will I ever see a Queen of babble movie?

message 36: by Rachael (new)

Rachael F Hi Meg,
I read my first Princess Diaries book at 11. 8 years later, and I still have a load of your books on my shelves.
My question is, you have written a lot of series books, do you plan the whole series out beforehand, especially with lengthier ones like Princess Diaries?

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Hi Meg! :)

Your mediator series was my FIRST TRUE LITERARY LOVE! I adore the book and its characters, and I'm too excited for words about book seven. Is there anything at all you can tell us about it to ease the pain of waiting just an eensy weensy bit?

Thank you for showing me how wonderful a book can be. I have you to thank for... Well, my favourite hobby! Thank you times a billion xoxoxoxoxo

Sydney Whittaker Hi Meg!
I've heard that if you write a book and then read it after it has been published that you're destined to find a typo. Does this ring true to you? Do you even read your own books after they are published?

message 39: by Noelle (new)

Noelle The Princess Diaries books were the first series I ever read ! I used to love, love , love Meg Cabot !
I really wanna ask if she would ever consider writing another Mediator book ???? Please ????

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah W. If you weren't a writer, what career would you see yourself wanting to have? Any unusual hobbies?

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah W. If you came up with a fantastic book idea, but to your dismay, whilst writing the book, you discovered a similar plotted-story had been published, would you continue writing it?

message 42: by Layla (new)

Layla I was given the Princess Diaries for my birthday when I was younger and instantly loved it! Those were the books that started me off on my love of books and I started reading from then on! Who were the authors you loved growing up? :-)

message 43: by Hotsnow (new)

Hotsnow who inspired you to write in the beginning?

message 44: by Caty (last edited Jun 17, 2013 03:21PM) (new)

Caty Are you going to be at any book signing events this or next year in Illinois or the Midwest?

message 45: by Zoe (new)

Zoe  Fleming how did you feel about the movie adaption of The Princess Diaries?

message 46: by Nuala (new)

Nuala I am an artist are you also an artist like in your book all american girl.
If so could you post a drawing on goodreads?:D

Emily Hi Meg! Do you like writing stand-alone books or series more? (Or like the "Boy" series where they're mostly stand-alone but still connected)?

message 48: by Chloe (new) - added it

Chloe Vich Garcia Hi Meg Cabot, I've read most of your books and I've liked them. Which series is your favorite and why? How do you come up with the idea?

message 49: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay Wilcox Mia seems to always be on a quest for self-actualization (at least in the earlier books). Are you on that quest? Are you totally self-actualized? :)

message 50: by Abbbbbbbbbb (last edited Jun 13, 2013 01:19AM) (new)

Abbbbbbbbbb Hello Meg. Have you ever got the wildest ideas, which you yourself thought it were beyond the unthinkable to even writes about them, then you eventually starts writes them, but then you just delete them because you knew it was just for fun. (:

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Awaken (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Meg Cabot (other topics)