An Advanced Victorian Steampunk Roleplay discussion

Characters' Havens > Azalea's Underworld

Comments Showing 1-50 of 556 (556 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 07, 2013 10:42PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Please post an image of what your haven looks like.

message 2: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (last edited Jun 13, 2013 07:48PM) (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Azalea lives in an Underworld cave. This tunnel leads up to a small cavern, decorated to look like a small sitting room. Branching from there is a bedroom and a laboratory where Azalea does her experiments. Also, she has a small area for her plants to grow.

http://svpow.files.wordpress.com/2013...

http://chicago.grubstreet.com/2011062...

http://www.ddekor.com/images/renkler/...

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/vintag...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8IhpbaDQKPA...

message 3: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Azalea swiftly potted the plant that she harvested from the meadows, patting the soil affectionately. She looked over the rows of potted plants, skillfully determining if they needed more feeding or water, then quickly took care of them. After she spent a good amount of hours, she felt the wounds in her stomach begin to burn slightly. She removed her gloves and made her way to her room. Then she changed into a light green shift and slipped into her bed. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she fell asleep and slipped into the dreaming world.

message 4: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments That night Ali pictured Azalea's face and name, he slipped into the world of sleep and felt his body being pulled through the streams of the dreaming world. He arrived near a large tree and countless potted plants. There, slightly see through in the first stages of sleep was Azalea. Ali walked over to her and touched her shoulder to pull her into the dream world and wake her into it.

message 5: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Turning, Azalea saw it was Ali and smiled. She followed after him. "Ah, you seemed to have found me quite quickly," she commented.

message 6: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments Ali led her towards a dark mist. "Yes, I have had some experience traversing the dream world, shall we walk through this world of twilight?"

message 7: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Looking around, Azalea noticed how the mist surrounded them, yet held a deep glow as well. She glanced over Ali, an amused smile coming to her face. "I live in a twilight world. What difference if I walk among it in a dream?"

message 8: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments "Oh the dangers." Ali said with a mysterious smile. "Here all dreams can come to life, as can the nightmares, yes, we could be in much danger here, for just as we can change ourselves in a dream, so can our enemies."

message 9: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments ((Very philosophical. ;)))

Raising a brow, she folded her arms. "That may be true, but what dream doesn't not contain transformed enemies?" Azalea replied, walking smoothly.

message 10: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments "Many of mine, but that comes with this handy ability of dream walking." He smiled at Azalea, as the pair left her abode and entered into the mist completely. Ali paused and stick out a hand. "Take my hand, this is the tricky part."
((Thank you! I almost quoted Dumbledore but I held myself back from that one.))

message 11: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments ((Haha, Dumbledore. :D Now I'm wondering what that would be.))

She looked at him with some doubt, then took his hand with her thin one. "All right. If you say so," Azalea replied, unsure if she liked depending on the Marid.

message 12: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments Ali tightened his grip and closed his eyes focusing. Then the pair were pulled off into the mists, accelerating faster and faster, lights starting to appear around them, voices and cries flowing past them and huge dark shapes looming in the mist. After a few wild minutes they slowed and appeared to be standing in thin air above a vast expanse of sand.

"Welcome to my home Azalea." Ali said smiling happily.

message 13: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments As they passed the blurs, Azalea closed her eyes, feeling a sense of vertigo. When he spoke, she opened her eyes to a bright expanse of sand. Looking around, she commented politely, "Quite lovely and cozy."

message 14: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments The pair drifted lower through the skies through some small clouds and past a small tribe of nomads. "Where would you like to go?" Ali asked turning to her. "Anywhere someone is asleep we can travel."

message 15: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "Anywhere?" Azalea asked, her dark eyes shining. "What are some monuments where you live?"

message 16: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments "Anywhere in the world." Ali said contentedly. "As for landmarks and monuments, the closest would probably be the temple of Solomon."

message 17: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "Oh, that sounds fascinating. Can we go there?" She looked up at him, her face bright like a child's.

message 18: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments "Sure we can." Ali said. He let go of her hand, assuming she had the hang of it. "Follow me!"
He turned towards the rising moon and floated off.

message 19: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Surprised, Azalea remained where she was. Then she gave a laugh and flew after, enjoying the freedom and lightness. Even though she had a life immersed in the supernatural and magical, she never had she grown bored. "This is amazing," she exclaimed as she followed after Ali.

message 20: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments "Isn't it though!" He called back, clearly enjoying flying through the air again. "This I my natural state, invisible and free high above the sands."

message 21: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "It makes me quite envious," she called out. "I would find it hard to leave such open expanse to go to London."

message 22: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments "That's where my curious flare comes in. I'm a naturally curious creature and I find myself driven to investigate new things."

The pair neared a large building in the sands. It looked old and weathered yet superimposed over it was a bright new building painted and tall, the original temple appearing through the dream world over the ruins.

message 23: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Looking over the noble structure, Azalea was impressed with the pillars and etchings made into the stone. Noticing how there were two buildings, she glanced over at Ali with a raised brow. "Do buildings have dreams? Or is the dream of the temple still standing?"

message 24: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments "The dream of the temple is still alive in many of the natives to this desert. If you look closely it shift slightly when a person dreams of a new detail, this image is made up of the dreams of all the people affected by this temple." Ali descended to the grand entrance of the temple, it's entryway flanked by two large Lamasu. ((The Assyrian/Babylonia Sphinxes))

message 25: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Azalea floated down and came to stand next to him. "It makes sense, I guess that dreams of the past will remain standing," she commented, looking up at the Lamasu and admired how similar it was to the Greek sphinx's.

message 26: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments "As long as there are people who know of it, it will stay here in the dream world. Shall we go inside?" He looked over at Azalea, a glint in his eye, excited to be showing someone new sights.

message 27: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Interested, Azalea took a step toward the entrance. "Let's. I shan't want to waste such an opportunity," she said with a smile.

((Sorry, I gtg. Goodnight! ^_^))

message 28: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments "I'm glad you'd like to." Ali stepped forward with her through the massive archway, the pillars stretching high above their heads and the dessert winds blowing sand behind them.

((Alright! Good night, we'll continue tomorrow :) ))

message 29: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Stepping inside, Azalea couldn't help but gape at the magnificent architecture and and brilliance of the walls. It took a moment to realize that the golden color of the place was actual gold. "This is absolutely fantastic," she said with awe.

message 30: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments "Yes it is, I've only been here once before in the dream world, it's changed." Ali looked around in awe at the temple.

message 31: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments She gave him a wink. "Then we must travel often so we can see even more," Azalea replied. "This adventure could go on forever."

message 32: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments "Yes we will." Ali smiled. "Unfortunately we will only be able to stay as long as you are asleep." The pair walked deeper into the temple, artwork ad pillars rising above them, until the got to the central altar.

message 33: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments She laughed. "I suppose I mustn't pull any all-nighters," Azalea said with an amused grin. She turned her gaze to the altar. It was more than the usual slab of stone; it had carvings of animals and plants with the figures of ancient gods leaping out of the stone. As she looked at the art, Azalea couldn't help but feel transported back into time and it made her wish to see this temple in its full glory. "Such inspiration must have guided a man to build such a masterpiece."

message 34: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments "This temple is certainly beautiful, but terrible at the same time." He scowled at the altar. "The temple was built by my kind. Solomon had great power and was able to enslave all of the djinn, including myself. He used us to build this temple to his design." Ali's mood darkened a little remembering back on it, after a moment though he smiled again. "I'm sorry, bad memories, but I have many more fond ones of this place than bad ones. I was one of the lucky djinn that worked on decorating, not stone cutting or lifting."

message 35: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Azalea glanced over at him, a slight frown coming to her face. The way he described it reminded her of her own interactions with Hecate's haunting plans. Then she shook her head and smiled again. Such thoughts weren't welcomed when it came to her mistress. "I'm sorry to hear your tale. Though, I admire how well you and your kind have built this temple," she said, running a finger along the altar.

message 36: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments Ali leaned back and gazed up through the arches and pillars. "Thank you Azalea, you should've seen the place in the waking world, it was ten times as fabulous then." He was lost in thought for a while.

message 37: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments She wondered how much pain Ali had seen in his long years. As he described his role in building the temple, Azalea realized how old he must be though he only seemed around her age. But, then again, she didn't look her age either. Thinking, Azalea's thoughts wandered back to serving Hecate. She found it disturbing how similar her role was to an enslaved djinn. It made her shiver and she turned her gaze to the decorated walls. "Dreams are only so much in likeness of the real thing," she said after a moment of silence.

message 38: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments Ali looked back at Azalea, she looked like she was far away thinking about something. He thought about his life back as a slave, how awful it had been to be bound to this place. "Tell me Azalea, what do you do for Hecate? I know you carry the lamps, but what I read was very fuzzy in details."

message 39: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments She blinked out of her reverie, glancing over at him. "I travel with my mistress on her journeys. As she haunts, I help serve her in whatever way I can. Either I light the way, bring people to her, perform a task, or begin the preparations for a spell," Azalea explained, glad to bring her thoughts to something she knew and was familiar with.

message 40: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments Ali nodded. "That sounds interesting, do you enjoy what you do? And how often do you have to do it? I'd assume you get plenty of free time, she can't go haunting all the time right?" He enjoyed hearing about this kind of thing, it helped him learn, and Ali liked to learn what he didn't know.

message 41: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "I enjoy it. The night has its own beauty and I am able to work with my poisons. Only recently I've come here. Hecate has been planning something, so I haven't gone haunting here in London yet. We used to terrorize France before almost every night," she said with a small laugh, thinking of the memories.

message 42: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments Ali laughed, it was a rich deep laugh that fit his human form well. "Well it sounds like a good way to spend your nights. Do you have any idea what she's planning?"

message 43: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Her black eyes flashed, a glint of excitement in them. "Alas, I am only my mistress' servant. I do not have her confidence in such great plans," Azalea answered. "But Hecate is masterful in her plans."

message 44: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments Ali liked the sound of that. "Well then, I look forward to her plan." He smiled at Azalea. The temple started getting brighter and fading. "Ah, it seems morning is coming, time to get you back home."

message 45: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments She nodded, looking disappointed that their visit would be cut short. "It seems I should wake up," Azalea replied. "Lead the way."

message 46: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments ((I'll just end it, I think. I don't see anything else to add.))

Azalea let Ali lead her home and she bid him a farewell with a smile, telling him she'll see him around. And then the dream faded.

*END OF SCENE*

message 47: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Walking through the tunnel, listening to the drops of water, Azalea sighed and looked down at Toodles. It sure was a wonderful gift, with its delicate feathers and its eyes almost looked real, reflecting her own dark eyes. Mr. Merriweather probably didn't know it, but Azalea didn't have any companions among the other Lampades, since she was the youngest and the others were used to life. Sighing, she made her way to her little garden area and gently released the bird. It flew up and settle on a branch of her nymph tree. Smiling, she began to hum to herself, working away with her plants, wondering what adventure she'll find herself in next time.

*END OF SCENE*

message 48: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments (Sorry about the delay Ji_Mei!)
Ali felt a tug in his gut as he was pulled through the darkening mist, then after a moment, the darkness lessened and he could make out shapes in front of them. He strained his eyes to try and make it clearer.

message 49: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments (('Tis quite all right! :D))

Once they were out of the darkness, Azalea let his hand go. They were approaching a tunnel with glowing crystals lighting the way. With a gesture, she glanced over at him and smiled. "Welcome to my home," she said brightly.

message 50: by Zac, The Faithful Servant (new)

Zac | 2683 comments Ali looked around the cave in wonder, the sight enchanted him. He walked up to one of the glowing crystals. "What are these? I've never seen their likeness before." He smiled at Azalea, pleased she had invited him to come.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12