An Advanced Victorian Steampunk Roleplay discussion

London Central > Restaurant(s)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 281 (281 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((RP with approved characters ONLY.))

message 2: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 07, 2013 10:48PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments After they were done eating at the small hole in a wall that Kitara had brought Kaijian, she thought that she would explode. She had not eaten that heartily in days. "I am going to need to be rolled out of here," she giggled. "How did you like it?" she asked Kaijian. He had eaten a lot and he had even ordered in Mandarin. She was upset that she had not been able to understand or speak it.

message 3: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He tipped his head to her appreciatively, thanking her for breakfast. "It was amazing. I haven't tasted bok choy or stir-fry in a long time. My mother used to cook like that all the time," Kaijian said with a genuine smile.

message 4: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "Did your mother ever make you dumplings?" Kitara asked excitedly. "My mother did and my father thought it was the strangest thing in the world," she laughed. "My step-sisters too. Only my step-brother--my brother, for he really was a true brother to me--was the only one brave enough to try it and only because I would force him too."

message 5: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Kaijian looked over at her, somewhat surprised. "I did not know you had siblings. Well, it is good you forced your brother. Dumplings were almost a staple for me. My mother made them homemade, and even did the dumpling skin by hand. She was the best cook. And even my father helped with the cooking," he said, happy. "I remember the times when we all cooked together were the most happiest."

((Sorry, I gtg!!!))

message 6: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 07, 2013 11:06PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((Okay, hopefully you'll be on tomorrow!))

"I do have siblings," Kitara said. "But they're all in America still. I miss them," she confessed to him sadly. "All of them. My... sisters never really liked me. My mother was my father's third wife, you see. And I was a lot younger than my sisters and brother. My brother was the best sibling any girl could ask for. He was always there for me, comforting me, spoiling me." She felt her eyes well up with tears that she refused to shed. She swallowed the lump in her throat and said, "I am sorry again about your loss, Kaijian," she said, pushing her own memories away lest they betray her. "I know I told you this in the Tea House but I just want you to know I really do mean it. I would have liked to meet your mother, she sounded wonderful. And I promised I wouldn't act morosely anymore too!" she laughed shakily, attempting to lighten the mood.

message 7: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "America?" A couple of times, when Kaijian first lost his parents, he thought about leaving to go there. He had heard on the streets how it was called "the land of opportunities" and many people had success living there. But it was only a child's fantasy. "It seems your loss is greater than mine. Though my parents are gone, at least I have closure with them," Kaijian reassured her, smiling slightly. "I am guessing by your knowledge that you, too, have abilities that venture towards the supernatural?"

message 8: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara felt her heart begin to pound. Had she made it that obvious? She reminded herself that she needed to be more careful. "I just--I just know about things, you know?" she said, knowing that sounded stupid. "I don't know how to explain it, and I hate talking about it," she told him, looking at him from underneath her thick, sooty lashes. "I'm sorry," she apologized.

message 9: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He shook his head, looking somewhat sheepish. "No, I'm the one to be sorry. That was awfully intrusive of me," he replied. "I-I just- Well, ever since my parents died, I took just know things. But probably in a different way."

message 10: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "Like how?" Kitara asked, intrigued. "And don't apologize, Kaijian, you didn't know," she said, reaching out a hand to squeeze his with a small smile.

message 11: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He scratched the back of his head, hoping she won't think of him differently. "After my parents died, I couldn't bury them yet or do the proper rights. I was sick and weak, and at first I thought they didn't die. Their ghosts stayed with me while I was sick," Kaijian explained cautiously. "I managed to find a burial spot, but still their ghosts followed me. I suppose it's odd that I wasn't frightened. Quite the opposite really. I was comforted. One day, I visited a small Chinese shrine and did the ritual of paying my respects for the dead, and suddenly they were gone. I've been seeing ghosts since."

message 12: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara couldn't help it: she gaped at him as he told his story. "Wow," she murmured. "That is an extraordinary ability --and a little scary," she laughed nervously. "You're very brave, Kaijian," she told him sincerely. "I don't know if I would have had the strength to do what you did."

message 13: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He chuckled softly, amused at her reaction. "I don't believe is bravery. Sometimes I think it's insanity. I can't go to certain places without seeing and hearing so many ghosts," Kaijian replied. "But it does help me with certain things. It sort of helps me when I infiltrate certain houses."

message 14: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "Are they... harmful? Is there... is there one here now?" she asked, afraid to know the answer.

message 15: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Kaijian shrugged casually. "They're only harmful in the nightmares they can induce. Some people have died quite horribly," he said. "They usually tend to be around the place they died or rested. Sometimes they around spots of significant interest only to them. Right now, there aren't any ghosts. Restaurants, thankfully, tend to be free from their presence."

message 16: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara relaxed the tension she did not know she had in her shoulders. "That is quite a relief," she laughed, nodding a thank you to the waitress who brought them some jasmine tea. After they sipped in silence for a moment or two, Kitara said, "I guess you must think I'm a big baby because... because I don't like talking about mine...."

message 17: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "I think quite the opposite. It might be even braver to keep secrets," Kaijian said sagely before taking a sip of his tea. "It is harder to do things on your own."

message 18: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara looked up at him and gave him a beautiful smile. "You always know exactly what to say," she told him. "I can see why so many people are in demand of... you. Not just what you can do, but... you. How easy would it be to find a thief in this day and age. Yet The Saint wants you after just one job." She leaned forward, her eyes twinkling mischievously and said, "If you ask me, Kaijian, you hold all the cards, not him. You are the one in a position to make demands."

message 19: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He looked back at her intently, feeling warmed by her compliment and comforted. It has been so long since he felt comforted. Since the only company he has had from the time of his parents' death are just men, he had almost forgotten how strong the fairer sex could be. "You might be overestimating me," Kaijian said. "I do not hold as much authority as someone like The Saint who even is powerful enough to remain anonymous to most of the world."

message 20: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "Do not doubt yourself, Kaijian," Kitara told him firmly. "You have no idea what you are capable of but the first step is in believing in yourself and giving yourself all of the credit you deserve." She gave him an encouraging smile. "Only contact The Saint on your terms but do not be arrogant. You are not stupid: you know that acting a brash fool in front of him will get you nowhere, and yes, The Saint may be more powerful, dangerous and experienced, but that does not mean you don't have other cards to play. You have no idea what you are capable of doing until you allow yourself the opportunity to try."

message 21: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Emotions welled up inside him, but he didn't let them surface. He remembered that his mother used to lecture him in the same way. He smiled slightly. "It seems I have not outgrown that bad habit," Kaijian said with a small laugh. "I always get caught up in my head. But what cards do I have? What do I have that The Saint doesn't?"

message 22: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "You're thieving skills for one," Kitara whispered so they would not be overhead. "Your intelligence, your loyalty to your coworkers, just to name a few. Do you know how easy it is for The Saint to find just any thief? Finding a good thief is an entirely different story."

message 23: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "That depends on the definition of good," he pointed out. "I am quite The Saint's junior, I'm sure. If he chose to, he could manipulate me quite easily and force me to join his crew." Kaijian didn't want to down grade himself, but he thought he had to be realistic. After all, he had the unfortunate knack for caring about the newbies in the gang and whatever beggar he came across.

message 24: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "You're absolutely right, he might try that. Which is why you need to make sure you actually want to work for him before contacting him."

message 25: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Lifting his hat, he ran his hand through his hair as he thought over her words. "I see," he said. Again, his thoughts became tangled and for the millionth time, he wished he didn't think. Thinking, so far, has only go him into trouble. Sighing, he folded his arms and leaned back. "I suppose if I work for him or not, I still have to tell him my decision." He pulled out the silver cross discreetly. "He said I just had to leave it somewhere and then he would come. So, do you think he would come? The Saint himself? Or would it be Rhett, his right-hand man?"

message 26: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "From what I've heard, The Saint rarely shows up himself," Kitara responded slowly, remembering Rhett's tricks. "I think he only reveals himself to his most loyal men. He would probably send this Rhett person or maybe even someone else until you are actually a real part of their team. But this is all speculation and gossip," she added. "Who knows what might actually happen. I must say I would be excited to hear about it after," Kitara whispered excitedly.

message 27: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Tapping a rhythm on the table with his fingers, Kaijian nodded. "I suppose that makes sense. I was being too arrogant to think he would show up himself," he admitted. "Then, the only way to find out is to do it. Most likely after I get some sleep," he added.

message 28: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "Definitely sleep on it," Kitara nodded.

message 29: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Kaijian smiled and shook his head. "It was a bad idea for me to stay awake this whole time. But I'm glad to be able to eat breakfast with you."

message 30: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "Me too," Kitara smiled. "I'm glad to have bumped into you this morning."

message 31: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "And what about you, Kitara?" Kaijian asked after a moment's pause. "You said when we first met that you steal as well. Wouldn't The Saint want you as well?" He asked out of curiosity.

message 32: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara laughed. "One, I have not been given the offer, two, I am nowhere near as skilled, and three, The Saint doesn't hire women."

message 33: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Nodding his understanding, Kaijian finished off his jasmine tea. "I see why he would do that, though I don't know why he would be prejudice against woman."

message 34: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "I think it's to keep his men on the straight and narrow," Kitara laughed. "Women can be... distracting," she winked.

message 35: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "Distracting?" he repeated. "For whom? Himself or his men?"

message 36: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 08, 2013 02:28PM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara laughed, shaking her head. "You're cute," she told Kaijian. "I... I think he simply does not... want complications, you know? Say he hires a woman who then falls for one of the men. Say it ends. Then what? Does The Saint keep both even though there may be hostility? They may refuse to work on the same job together? Or does he let one go? And if so, which one? Wouldn't both be equally as important? It's just... complicated," she finished.

message 37: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments "I wouldn't have thought of that," Kaijian said thoughtfully. "I suppose that happens when you're surrounded by men for most of your life."

message 38: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 08, 2013 10:20AM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments "I doubt they are all celibate," Kitara laughed. Although what a wonderful twist on Rhett's moniker, The Saint, she thought ironically. "But mixing business with pleasure is simply... bad for business." That was Rhett's one weakness. He did not give the same amount of thought to his clients, the ones who were rich, "innocent" girls like Vivian. He loved knowing that he could make women like that fall from grace, losing complete interest once the deed was done. He was a scoundrel through and through, although, given his childhood, Kitara understood why he acted the way he did.

message 39: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments He laughed along with her, then said, "I'm sorry. I sound quite gullible now that I've opened my mouth. Thank goodness only you heard me talk like this."

message 40: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara inclined her head and said kindly, "Anytime you feel like you need advice about... life's more intriguing mysteries--women," she whispered with a wink, "I am more than happy to help. I told you earlier, Kaijian, that you remind me of home. And if you would allow me to, I would like to be your jiejie," she smiled, using the Mandarin word for older sister.

message 41: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Kaijian put on a teasing, pouting face. "Jiejie? Why not Gege? Aren't I more a brother than a sister?" he asked with smile.

message 42: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara laughed, embarrassed. "Oops! Well, you see, there is a lot you can teach me too. Okay, gege? Is that how you pronounce it?" she said sheepishly.

message 43: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Laughing, he nodded. "Yes, it's pronounced as Gege," he affirmed, smiling. "And if you want, I can call you Meimei, little sister."

message 44: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 08, 2013 10:40AM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara laughed until her side hurt. The other people in the restaurant began to look at this strange, exotic girl--even among her own people she looked different--and at the other young man who seemed only slightly embarrassed but more amused than anything. She laughed for a good five minutes, worried that the tears streaming down her eyes would ruing her makeup. When she was done, she leaned across the table and punched Kaijian playfully on the shoulder. "You are not very nice," she told him in mock anger.

message 45: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments Rubbing his arm, Kaijian pretended to look hurt. "I am nice," he said. "At least I didn't call you little brother or something. After all, it would be terrible to mistaken you as a man. You're far too pretty," he blurted out. Then reddened.

message 46: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments Kitara d'aww-ed inwardly, as she smiled with a closed mouth, her perfect lips curved upwards. "Thank you, Kaijian," she said after a moment. "You flatter me because you are nice."

message 47: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments ((I inwardly d'awwed as well... ^_^'))

He smiled slightly. "I- You're welcome," he said eventually. He didn't know why he was so forward. Maybe because of the times he and his mother would joke around, him playing as if he was a warrior or emperor and his mother the damsel or empress. Without not many girls to play with, he had no choice but to bring his mother into his games. "And thank you for your advice. I'll cherish it and definitely weigh it against my choice to join The Saint or not."

message 48: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((I know, he is so cute!))

"I find myself wanting what is best for you," Kitara admitted. "I hope... I hope I don't come off as pushy or too forward. I know that we have only met twice. But there's something... special about you, Kaijian," Kitara repeated sincerely. "I hope that you are happy with whatever decision you make."

message 49: by Ji Mei , The Meticulous Secretary (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) | 6855 comments ((He's kind of turned out like me. :P My friends sometimes say I'm too innocent...))

Kaijian wondered what she saw and briefly considered it might have to do with her abilities. Shrugging it off, he decided it didn't matter if he was special or not. "You're not pushy at all. If I have to say, it's in our Asian blood to be pushy on some things," he said.

message 50: by ๖ۣۜSαᴙαh, The Supreme Overload (last edited Jun 08, 2013 11:08AM) (new)

๖ۣۜSαᴙαh ๖ۣۜMᴄĄłłiƨʈeʀ (inked_chinadoll) | 0 comments ((Haha awesome!))

Kitara rolled her eyes. "I think it's mandatory for an Asian mother!" she giggled. "Do they have to have lessons on being so bossy or something?"

« previous 1 3 4 5 6