The Danamaniacs discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen Zulkowski | 5 comments I just finished Dan Browns new book. I love the art history. This one is as good as the rest of his. Anyone else read it yet

message 2: by Kelly (new)

Kelly B I'm about 3/4 done :) His books are always an entertaining read, and I like learning all the art history too!

message 3: by Marey (new)

Marey | 8 comments I am about 2/3 done....

message 4: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 35 comments It's still on my to-read list. Which is long, but it is near the top. I'll bet my husband gets to it before I do. I'm curious if any of you have the urge to read Dante's Inferno because of Dan Brown. . . .

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen Zulkowski | 5 comments I am tempted to read Dante but I doubt if I would get as much out of it as you learn by reading Inferno. Brown makes history interesting.

message 6: by Marey (new)

Marey | 8 comments Done, nice twists!!

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary | 23 comments about 1/2 way

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan Cohl | 12 comments finished it about a week ago. i loved it - just like i loved all his books. i read a few reviews just before it came out and some reviewers were complaining that brown was just following a formula now. well, don't most authors do that? mysteries are mostly "who done it", romances are man & woman meet, fall in love, big misunderstanding, kiss & make up. brown's formula is follow the ancient clues to solve the riddle before the world ends (so to speak). and he does it very well indeed (imo)

message 9: by Marey (new)

Marey | 8 comments I liked it and am amazed how much research he has done for his books. Made me want to go to Florence. My son went there on his honeymoon and even though he is not as much of a reader, I think he will enjoy it.

The twists are awesome!!