Thoughts and Opinions discussion

Hello > Hello Everyone! And welcome to Thought and Opinions=)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 141 (141 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie  | 52 comments Mod
Well as you can tell Im julie and im one of the first Mods to be in this group. Well anyway...I really would like to get to know everyone in this group. Im one person in this group whom you can talk to for anything...Inculding advice...i give it all the time. Im young yes but i will help you with anything....ive seen and have done so many things so i know what im talking about. weather the topic is happy or upsetting im here for you all.

Anyways...Well my name is Juliana but everyone can call me Julie. Im 14 and in high school. Im shy at times but at other times im really random!!! I love the randomness. But now im starting to become the quite one again. I dont seem to know why but oh well. I love to sing, dance, write poety, songs, stories, evrything. I have lots of hobbies and stuff. I like to get to know new people and get away from reality. Its fun you should try it:)

Anyway i would love if you guys could put somethings about you guys that you would like for me to know. I really would love to get to know everyone in y
this group. Thank You:)

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Hey Julie!

I'm 15, I can't sing or dance, but my writings folder is full of fun stuff. I really like old scifi movies, oldies music, and fantasy books.

message 3: by Maxine (new)

Maxine Dexter (maxinedexter) | 38 comments 'ello...you're little thing makes me think of crazy dating sites for some reason. But it's fun though. It's good to be random.

My mental age is five. I love to write sci-fi stuff that typically includes superheroes and some political issue. I'm huge on LGBT issues (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender) and I know a lot in that are if anybody has questions about past/present/future laws, rights et cetera. I love to watch movies, I would love to work on them someday. Lots of old movies like Casablanca and then crazy modern ones like Milk. Also I'm fascinated by psychology and anthropology, which is in connection to one of my loves for superheroes. In general, I just love superheroes!! YAY!

bye bye TTYL I guess

Check out my stories, Dance with the Devil or And We'll Meet Again. I have a website: www.welcometopointzero.webs.com

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel hi!
i'm rachel and i'm 16
i'm a sophomore in hs right now
i love to perform-sing, act, kinda dance.
reading is pretty much my life
and writing is a big passion.
i'm loud and crazy and can be annoying but ive been through a lot so im good on giving advice and listening.
i love the brat pack movies from the 80's
and i want to fall in love. so badly thats its pretty much a problem hahah

message 5: by Silver (new)

Silver My "real" age is like four. *sigh*

message 6: by Silver (new)

Silver btw, my name is Rachel too.

message 7: by Marley (new)

Marley (Marleyme95) | 1225 comments Mod
Nice Harli, I love Casablanca, you seem awesome!

message 8: by Maxine (new)

Maxine Dexter (maxinedexter) | 38 comments Aw thanks. Casablanca is amazing, I love Humphrey Bogart in that movie. He's so funny, he says the best stuff

message 9: by Marley (new)

Yep-yep, What are your other favorites?

message 10: by Maxine (new)

Maxine Dexter (maxinedexter) | 38 comments That's a long, long list. But I am a huge Godfather fan. Batman movies...Just the first Tim Burton one and Christopher Nolan's. Atonement. Into the Wild. Milk. Good Will Hunting. And too many sci-fi films. ha

message 11: by Marley (new)

I never liked Sci-Fi stuff. Attonement was good though.

message 12: by D.C. (last edited Apr 27, 2009 02:14PM) (new)

D.C. | 279 comments Mod
Whoa I love Good Will Hunting. The scene where Robin Williams says that one line, "Its not your fault". Talk about taking such a cliche line and making it amazing. It was so powerful

message 13: by Marley (new)

*notes movie* I shall remember to watch it.

message 14: by Maxine (new)

Maxine Dexter (maxinedexter) | 38 comments I agree with you, Good Will Hunting. That movie is incredible, I learned so much with you. Did you know Gus Van Sant dedicated it to the poet Allan Ginsberg? I just noticed that and thought it was cool.

Marley--I thought Atonement was a beautiful movie the way it was filmed. Such a great love story. It's one of the most devastating movies I've ever seen though. Wow. Just that last scene...It makes me want to say sorry to everybody.

message 15: by D.C. (new)

D.C. | 279 comments Mod
When you watch this scene remember that Matt Damon was abused by his foster parents. He got stabbed and burned with ciggarettes for no reason at all, yet he blames himself for everything. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY6k50...

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) "I'm huge on LGBT issues (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender)"

Just politically, or do you read lgbt fiction too, or other stuff like that?

Marley, how can you not love scifi? *le gasp* loljk

I love really old scifi, like the Blob, Bodysnatchers, 50 foot women, the ORIGINAL War of the worlds and Day the Earth stood Still....

message 17: by Maxine (new)

Maxine Dexter (maxinedexter) | 38 comments Day the Earth Stood Still ((original)) is one of my all time favorite movies!! Actually, I loved all those movies you listed, but DESS...great stuff.

It's a combination of both but probably more political for LGBT issues. Yay! Oh and history, too. You simply cannot forget about the whole gay rights movement. It really is fascinating and it's a shame nobody pays attention to everything at school.

message 18: by Marley (new)

I just don't like it Lauren.

You can't forget them, or its like being on the other side. As for LGBT literuature, do you ever read any, and have you read, "I'm not myself these days" by Josh Kilmer-Purcell?

message 19: by D.C. (new)

D.C. | 279 comments Mod
Hey Harli! I posted a new topic under complex. Its called LGBT Issues. Its all you tell me if you want a different title or not k?

message 20: by Maxine (new)

Maxine Dexter (maxinedexter) | 38 comments YAY! LGBT Issues is good. It covers everything. I'll go post some news sites there if anybody's interested in them. They're all a part of Logo. :)

message 21: by D.C. (new)

D.C. | 279 comments Mod
Alright cool. Good luck, I can tell you know what your doing =)

message 22: by Maxine (new)

Maxine Dexter (maxinedexter) | 38 comments aw thanks :)

message 23: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) awMarley<3

I'm not sure if we get to learn about the gay rights movement in history.

message 24: by Maxine (new)

Maxine Dexter (maxinedexter) | 38 comments I don't think we do in my school. I want to have Harvey Milk Day becuase that'd be great with the movie just coming out. More people know who he is now. May 22nd.

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) Wonder what the textbooks will say about us...

message 26: by D.C. (new)

D.C. | 279 comments Mod
That we changed the world, hows that? I would like to believe it anyway

message 27: by Maxine (new)

Maxine Dexter (maxinedexter) | 38 comments lol that'd be awesome!

message 28: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) 2000-The year of the boybands.....

lol

message 29: by ♠Miriam♠ (new)

♠Miriam♠ (mirizzle) | 38 comments Lauren wrote: "2000-The year of the boybands.....

lol"

no more like th 1990's. lol

message 30: by Maxine (last edited Apr 27, 2009 02:58PM) (new)

Maxine Dexter (maxinedexter) | 38 comments What's a boyband? Like Backstreetboys? N'Sync? New Kids on the Block?

message 31: by ♠Miriam♠ (new)

♠Miriam♠ (mirizzle) | 38 comments yup

message 32: by Marley (new)

N'Sync!! YAY!! I'm soo white!

message 33: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) llol

I can still sing along with nsync and backstreet boys.

message 34: by Julie (new)

Julie  | 52 comments Mod
Hey its good to see alot of you have a lot in common:)

message 35: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) i just want to tell out that i've had enough

might sound crazy but it ain't no lie baby

BYE BYE BYE!

bwahahaha. still love that song.

message 36: by Marley (new)

Me and Lauren, are you kidding, we are both equally awesome, her pssibly more than me!

message 37: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) No, Marley is quite awesome.

message 38: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) lol "I'm soo white! "

message 39: by Marley (new)

I am! Have you met me?! Jeez. I've got my honor roll awards all in front of me, My N'synce handy, and my stuffed animals, I'm Soo VALLEY! My friends make fun of me for it!

No Stings Attached was the first cd I ever bought!

message 40: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) lololol

My first cd was Avril, Let Go. :)

message 41: by Marley (new)

OMG!! That was like my secong! Then Nelly Furtado, and Vannessa Carlton, my dad shared with me!

message 42: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) lol

message 43: by Marley (new)

I told you I am white, beyond it!

message 44: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (djinni) I have the 9 Pokemon themes on my ipod.

message 45: by Marley (new)

LOL!

message 46: by Marley (new)

I still watch the Blues Clues reunion shows! I miss Steve.

message 47: by Julie (new)

Julie  | 52 comments Mod
Hi Hi guys! what u talk about?

message 48: by Marley (new)

How white we are!

message 49: by Julie (new)

Julie  | 52 comments Mod
nice...i wish i could make fun of how white i am:( lol

message 50: by Marley (new)

You aren't white?