Allegiant (Divergent, #3) Allegiant discussion

What will happen in Allegiant?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Alisa Anyone have any assumptions on whats going to go on In Allegiant cause I have no idea.Because she did accomplish what she wanted in Insurgent at the very end.So my brilliant brain has no whats so ever idea about whats going to happen.

message 2: by Trixcy (new)

Trixcy Well, I heard that she wants someone to die. like Tobias (four <3) or Tris. They will probably go outside of there world. other than that, that's all I got.

Alisa ok thx i was going crazy not knowing what's going to happen.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I am really nervous about whats going to happen as well.

Alisa I don't want anyone to die!!!!!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Me either!!!! ;(

Alisa I'm thinking since Veronica Roth dosen't want to upset her readers I think tris/tobias aren't going to die but they will almost until something happens...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I think you are probably right. I don't think she will kill the main two but nothing will stop her from killing off the minor characters :(

Alisa That's true

message 10: by Trixcy (new)

Trixcy Well, I just heard it from...I can't remember where, but she said that she thought it would be better in the Harry Potter books if Harry would die. I could try to relook it up if anyone would like? Anyways, I think that your right (message 7: Alisa) I guess we'll just have to see.

Alisa Yeah..i heard they are making a movie hope they don't mess that up:-(

message 12: by Trixcy (new)

Trixcy yea (or is it yeah?) next year. The person going as Tris looks like she has red hair. They're are two photos of her: about to jump off the building and a close up of knives being thrown at her.

Alisa interesting...

message 14: by Ana (new) - added it

Ana Four gets shot or something. Tris starts feeling hopeless.Uriah will kick some ass. Tris and Four will break up, only to get back together again. Caleb will possibly turn bad for a brief second, he'll try to kill Tris. Some one important is going to die I'm guessing Uriah (sorry fangirls). all the fractions are gone, and everyone lives in a civil community. Oh and four is going to purpose to tris, she'll say yes. and in the epilogue they'll show them with their kids. Just a wild guess ;)

Alisa wow if the book is about that than everyone will want to get their hands on it when it comes out.

message 16: by In (new)

In Love OMG I CAN NOT WAIT FOR IT!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FIVE MORE DAYS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I AM GOING TO SCREAM LOL

April I just finished Allegiant and some of you guys are correct. but most of you are very very wrong... :( :( :(

message 18: by zara (new) - rated it 2 stars

zara I finished allegiant and two days ago...and I am not pleased.

Kimberly Ana wrote: "Four gets shot or something. Tris starts feeling hopeless.Uriah will kick some ass. Tris and Four will break up, only to get back together again. Caleb will possibly turn bad for a brief second, he..."

I think Caleb will do what ever it takes, no matter who it hurts to get power in the world beyond theirs. Just my guess

Kimberly zara wrote: "I finished allegiant and two days ago...and I am not pleased."

You finished a book that has not been released yet?

Kimberly What is your guess about who is beyond their city?

message 22: by zara (new) - rated it 2 stars

zara Kimberly wrote: "zara wrote: "I finished allegiant and two days ago...and I am not pleased."

You finished a book that has not been released yet?"

Kimberly wrote: "Ana wrote: "Four gets shot or something. Tris starts feeling hopeless.Uriah will kick some ass. Tris and Four will break up, only to get back together again. Caleb will possibly turn bad for a brie..."

Due to a shipping error in canada, a lot of people received the book early. I finished it already and now i wish i never knew the series existed.

Alisa Can u spoil some things? Why didn't u like the book?!

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 20, 2013 07:02AM) (new)

woah. Now I wish I never knew the series existed. That's intense. Something really terrible must have happened. someone's dead right? not Four. ANYONE BUT FOUR.

message 25: by zara (new) - rated it 2 stars

zara I won't spoil anything on here, people are really excited and i don't want to ruin it for them.

message 26: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Shaw Tara wrote: "woah. Now I wish I never knew the series existed. That's intense. Something really terrible must have happened. someone's dead right? not Four. ANYONE BUT FOUR."

Not four. dw

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm really nervous now. I don't wanna know what happens, but I do though. this is torture. 2. days. away. for most of us. Oh my gosh I'm scared to read the last book. What if everyone hates it?

message 28: by Sara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sara Shaw It is a I hate you but I love you kind of book.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh okay. I'm jealous of the people who got to read it early. One question: Do we get to know what's outside of the fence/border?

message 30: by zara (last edited Oct 20, 2013 08:26AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

zara Roth introduced a completely new conflict that is complicated enough to have its own series. The dual points of view created a lot of confusion for me because veronica writes four an tris exactly the same. To me, the conflict didn't seem as dire as veronica wanted us to believe, therefore certain things that happened after that seemed completely unnecessary. It's as if veronica wanted a lot of drama and shock but couldn't do with grace.

message 31: by zara (new) - rated it 2 stars

zara Tara wrote: "Oh okay. I'm jealous of the people who got to read it early. One question: Do we get to know what's outside of the fence/border?"

Yes

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for answering that question, keeps me up at night wondering as to What lies outside that fence.

hmmmm. So we read Four's POV in this book also? and if the conflict really is as complicated as you said, maybe she will write more books. But she did say this was only a trilogy. A new series maybe?

Kimberly zara wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "zara wrote: "I finished allegiant and two days ago...and I am not pleased."

You finished a book that has not been released yet?"

Kimberly wrote: "Ana wrote: "Four gets shot or so..."

At least you got it early. Good or Bad, I have to read I to see what or who is outside the fraction city.

Kimberly zara wrote: "Tara wrote: "Oh okay. I'm jealous of the people who got to read it early. One question: Do we get to know what's outside of the fence/border?"

Yes"

Thank you. Now to not flip and read part of the ending first.

Rosalie I read it also and I kind of wished I didn't. I get the ending, but hate it.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, a lot of people are saying they hated/loved it. I don't wanna know spoilers, but vague answers to some of my questions.

Does Tris and Four stay together? (like, there's not a different love interest or anything..right?)

Rosalie Yes/No and no different love interests.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

woah. Yes/No? I'm really scared to read this book. I am not Dauntless.

Do we find out what happened before the factions? (I'm guessing yes but I don't know, maybe she plans on writing another book..?)

Rosalie Yes we do, we find out everything about how the Factions were all made and about Tris's ancestor in the video.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

oh my gosh. can't. wait.

Do we figure out how far it is in the future sort of?

Rosalie Yes they tell you and talk about how time has passed and what has become of the outside world.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

*breathes heavily* YES FINALLY. I read the first 2 books last November, I'm so happy right now that the questions will be answered.

I don't know if there's much I can ask without knowing spoilers. anything I should know going into it? like is there a HUGE shock, is the ending satisfying?

Rosalie It's a huge shock and because of that shock for me it's not satisfying. For others it may be a good ending, it just doesn't work for me.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah I understand. is there any loose ends at all that you were upset about?

Lauren Hi Rosalie: I agree with you on the shock and not satisfying part. Without spoiling much, that's why the ending didn't work for me as well. That kind of shock sometimes works, if it's done well, it can give you a shock but leave you with a "Whoa...." kind of feeling that's kind of fulfilling despite the surprise. But here the circumstances don't work, it was too contrived, and I'm left feeling hollow and unsatisfied instead of fulfilled.

Rosalie Exactly Lauren! It wasn't done well at all, too abrupt and just left everything that came afterword not satisfying as an end.

Tara, they conclude things and tell you where everyone is in a flash forward in the future. However it's still not satisfying.

message 47: by Lauren (last edited Oct 21, 2013 09:27AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Lauren @Rosalie: Right. Like, I'm not really that upset that what happened happened, but I feel like there was a way to have what happened happen BUT do it in a way that makes it still satisfying as a conclusion to the story, have it come about in a manner that doesn't make it seem so ... unnecessary? That's what's actually frustrating about it -- it was unnecessary situation. VR could have and should have done better with this. Hell, I've already rewritten "it" in my head and came up with a much better way for "it" to occur. I think I'm going to convince myself that the ending I wrote in my head is what really happened.

message 48: by Grace.g (new)

Grace.g It's not fair that some people got to read it early! Thank you for not spoiling this amazing series for me. I can't wait!!!!! 4 hours and counting, might stay till midnight for it! And I'm a major four fan. I still think crushing on a fictional character is stupid. Three hours and 52 minutes! Eeeeee!!!

Isabell I got the book early in the mail. Let me say, you all need to brace yourselves! I cried. and cried, and cried

message 50: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 21, 2013 10:09PM) (new)

Rosalie wrote: "Exactly Lauren! It wasn't done well at all, too abrupt and just left everything that came afterword not satisfying as an end.

Tara, they conclude things and tell you where everyone is in a flash f..."

WOW WHAT? A flash forward? I kind of expected something like that but.....I don't know that sounds weird. Oh well! I'll just have to wait and see. Literally 2 hours left but obviously I'm not going to drive down to Barnes and Noble at midnight and demand they open the store so I can buy it.

So sadly , I'll have to wait till after school. pure torture. But I've waited a whole year for this book, I think I can stay sane for another 16 hours. Hopefully. Goodnight everyone, have sweet dreams about dauntless cake and jumping onto moving trains <3 Unless theres none of that in Allegiant...then nevermind. stay factionless.

« previous 1