Janet Tronstad - Dry Creek & Other Stories discussion

Anyone from Chicago? Or close?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 1207 comments Mod
Recently I was invited by a producer to do an interview on a Chicago program, Amazing Books. I quickly asked if Jillian Hart could come with me and we could talk about our mail-order bride Christmas books. The producer agreed and we are hopefully going to be interviewed some time in September in a studio in Chicago. I recently learned there will be a small audience for the program. So I am wondering if anyone is in Chicago or close by and would like to be in the audience (if things work out as we hope). Let me know!

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy | 277 comments My family is there, I doubt I'd be visiting then but wish I could be there for you both.

message 3: by Jeani (new)

Jeani | 38 comments OH! I'm in Milwaukee! But I don't think I could get away from work this fall. But yay, it sounds awesome for you and Jillian! :)

message 4: by Barbara (last edited Jun 08, 2013 05:31AM) (new)

Barbara | 148 comments Janet, Chicago can easily be a day trip for me, and I would love to come and support the two of you if the timing worked out. However, I will be back in school in September, so it depends on when it falls. Unless it happens to be on the weekend, it isn't too likely I can do it.

message 5: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks Judy, Jeani, and Barbara for the well wishes. I know it's not likely anyone will be able to come from our friends, but I wanted to ask. We'll definitely let everyone know the dates, etc., as we get closer (Barbara, I doubt it would be on a weekend though).

message 6: by Shelley (last edited Jun 08, 2013 08:55PM) (new)

Shelley (sydwi) | 1 comments How cool! I'm just outside the city, and I love books from both of you. I'd love to hear more details, if it works out.

message 7: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments i was excited for you when i heard wish i could be there for you

message 8: by JanetTronstad (new)

Great, Shelley -- I will put on more information when we know times and dates and details (it will be a few weeks I'd guess, at least).

Ausjenny -- we wish you could be there, too, but we'll keep you posted and know you're with us in spirit. Thanks.

message 9: by Kathy (last edited Jun 08, 2013 11:53PM) (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 218 comments I could get to Chicago depending on when as well and even if it's not a weekend, depending on the time, I can get time off. It would be great to be there cheering you and Jillian on!

message 10: by JanetTronstad (new)

Oh, Kathy, that would be sweet of you. I'll post information when we know more.

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 286 comments Janet, looks like you might have a fan audience. How special! Let's pray about more people that we don't even know!

message 12: by JanetTronstad (new)

That sounds great to me, Mary!

message 13: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments If I lived anywhere near Chicago, I'd be there for both of you!

message 14: by JanetTronstad (new)

I know, Valri. It would be great to have you there, too, but it's much too far. I think I've rounded up 6 to 10 LI readers (a couple of LI authors live close and might be able to come with some LI readers from their areas). I think we'll have enough. We'll see when it comes closer to the time.

message 15: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments Too bad it's not near Philly, Janet, then I would have had an excuse to go see my granddaughter again :)

message 16: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 286 comments Hey Friends! Remember that little secret Janet shared with us about a book she wrote? I just finished reading it, and if you haven't you should! I added a review here and on Amazon. I think it would be a good idea if you read it and posted a review also, it might even help her receive more interest! It is still on sale on Amazon.

message 17: by Melody (new)

Melody | 304 comments I am so there in spirit cheering you on too! My bro used to be close to Chicago, dang it anyway that he moved two years ago! ;)

message 18: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments I hear ya, Melody! My son used to live there too - served his mission there!

message 19: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 136 comments Janet, I am there in spirit! =)
I live too far to be there - ( I live in KS )

message 20: by JanetTronstad (new)

I'll let everyone know the day of the interview when we get close enough to know the day. You all being there in spirit and prayer would be much appreciated.

message 21: by Melody (new)

Melody | 304 comments Now prayers I can totally do! :)

message 22: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (carolinegodin) | 14 comments Unlikely, though it's only a 90 minute flight ;-) You should let Allie Pleiter know though, she's close by and maybe you could meet up? She is awesome and so funny!

message 23: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks, Caroline. I already talked to Allie and she said she'd be happy to come and bring some LI readers with her. Ginny Aiken said the same. Between the two of them I think we'll have six or so LI readers in the audience (much appreciated).

message 24: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 286 comments This really sounds exciting! I am soo happy for you, Janet and of course, Jill too. Has anybody else read your Chapel book yet?

message 25: by JanetTronstad (new)

You're the only one recently, Mary, I think. Some people here might have read it when it first came out though.