Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Themes > Most Jerkiest HP Heroes....Ever!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 2280 comments Mod
I'm not really looking for recommendations, but I thought we should have a thread for the worst of the worst HP heroes.

Which heroes made you feel homicidal? If you can remember particularly heinous acts they committed, please share! Please attack a link to the book title or cover so we can go to the scene of the crime.

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth (bscharwath) | 55 comments But there are so many.....

message 3: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments Gotta say the reigning champ who is still an ace in the hole in HPlandia :
Hugo ~ Sally Wentworth - Shattered dreams.

After I finished reading, I swear my fingers still smelled like an @$$. Talk 'bout oozing funky @$$crack odor from his every pore.

Runner up :
Revel ~ Jayne Bauling - Rage to possess.

message 4: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 5 comments Good ones, Verity. How about Blake from Makeshift Marriage of Jake from Tomorrow Began Yesterday?

message 5: by Mareli (new)

Mareli | 53 comments Slade Western from Impasse. Brrrr! Bad bad bad!

message 6: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments Woa I gotta read 'em. Didn't know there were worse jackaces out there, they were all the rage back then ;o{P

message 7: by Julz (new)

Julz | 16 comments Oooo! I can contribute to this one. Love me some alphahole! ;D

Anton in Season of Shadows

Dick...I mean Dirk in Till the End of Time

Carl in The Odds Against

Nicholas in In Name Only

message 8: by Hiker (new)

Hiker | 50 comments tim in The Wrong Kind Of WifeI hated him... and loved hating him...lol

message 9: by Beth (new)

Beth (bscharwath) | 55 comments My TBR list is going to explode

message 11: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments I 2nd Robyn Donald's pussycat heroes. A dead tie w/ :
Zach ~ Carole Mortimer - Horror Love Unspoken.

message 12: by Asteropê (new)

Asteropê (21tauri) | 82 comments The hero is this book was totally unappealing. I read it for the challenge, one of my themes was Italian heroes. I also like hurt/comfort type books and thought it'd be a good read. It wasn't. Hero is possessive, demanding, jealous and throws tantrums like a child (I believe there was even a scene where he was banging his fists like one too). I didn't like him at all. He was emotionally, not an appealing hero.

The Italian's Suitable Wife

message 13: by Sapheron (last edited Jun 09, 2013 08:08AM) (new)

Sapheron | 56 comments Alright, so Blake from Makeshift Marriage and Carl from The Odds Against were already listed, but let's not forget Gideon from An Unforgettable Man - Lelaki Dalam Ingatan (who is probably half crazy) and Nikolas from All That Glitters (who molests the heroine and proceeds to go out of his way to make sure she doesn't wear white for her wedding, because she's a big fat virgin slut)

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Verity wrote: "Gotta say the reigning champ who is still an ace in the hole in HPlandia :

After I finished reading, I swear my fingers still smelled like an @$$. Talk '..."

Jayne Bauling writes some seriously detestable heroes. In one of the books, he pushes the heroine and she falls down the stairs and miscarries and he claims she did it so she'd have a miscarriage!

message 15: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I finished Deadly Angel Friday, and I'm inclined to put him on this list.

message 16: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Verity wrote: "Gotta say the reigning champ who is still an ace in the hole in HPlandia :

After I finished reading, I swear my fingers still smelled like..."

D, that's Rage to possess that I mentioned. Yeah she really knows how to write gr8 slimeball.

message 17: by Leona (last edited Jun 10, 2013 08:16AM) (new)

Leona (wdwcbm) | 373 comments I agree with Beth there are so many! So many creeps, so little time!

In order of creepy, disgust

Simon in The Winter Heart
Rafael in Rafael's Love-Child
Sean in Bride For Sale
Blair in The Asking Price

PS. I did go back and read Verity's review of Shattered Dreams and must admit, that hero does take the prize!

message 18: by Julz (last edited Jun 10, 2013 12:53PM) (new)

Julz | 16 comments I'm so enjoying this trip down alphahole memory lane. Can't believe there's so many I've missed. One that cannot be left off the list is Leon Petrides in Pagan Lover. I know Leona just loved this one (kidding ;D).

message 19: by Leona (new)

Leona (wdwcbm) | 373 comments You know........I so almost put him down.......... I miss him, they don't make them like they used too! ; 0 ))

message 20: by Beth (new)

Beth (bscharwath) | 55 comments Couldn't we pretty much just add all of Anne Hampson's

message 21: by Julz (last edited Jun 10, 2013 01:40PM) (new)

Julz | 16 comments Leona wrote: "You know........I so almost put him down.......... I miss him, they don't make them like they used too! ; 0 ))"

I need to go back and give him an extra star. He deserves it just for being one of the biggest baddies. :D

message 22: by Julz (new)

Julz | 16 comments Beth wrote: "Couldn't we pretty much just add all of Anne Hampson's"

I wish! I've sniffed a few of her's out wanting that wtfery high and got a dud. But when she's bad, she's good ;D

message 23: by Leona (new)

Leona (wdwcbm) | 373 comments You know I think Charon from "Hills of Kalamata" gives old Leon a run for his money. : )

But you are right, they are not all bad. I absolutely "LURVE" Leonidas from Wings of Night (swoon)

message 24: by Julz (new)

Julz | 16 comments Yes! I agree in both accounts. But ol' Leon is still Mr. Pointy Finger Extraordinare. ;D

message 25: by Christine (new)

Christine | 87 comments Heraklion in Child of Judas by Violet Winspear. Mentally and physically abusive. Child Of Judas by Violet Winspear

message 26: by Beth (new)

Beth (bscharwath) | 55 comments Verity wrote: "Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Verity wrote: "Gotta say the reigning champ who is still an ace in the hole in HPlandia :
Hugo ~ Sally Wentworth - Shattered dreams."

Verity, you are SOOOOOOOO RIGHHHHHTTTTTTT!!!!!

HUGO WINS! Hands down. THE WORST HEROE ever...and that included the sicko kidnappers in some books I will never admit to actually reading and all the rapey HP husbands from the 80s....

message 27: by Trina (new)

Trina (kfs25) | 12 comments Oooh, the un-PC hero, my HP guilty pleasure! Thanks for this thread, I actually found I few titles I haven't read!

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

YW, Trina! :)