Calling All Canadians!! discussion

Welcome! > Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 596 (596 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 187 comments Mod
Hi and Welcome to the group.

Stop by and say hi and tell us where your from?

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina (channelle_writes) | 10 comments Hey Tana!

I'm from Ontario, Canada. I live in a suburb near Toronto. Although the amount of time I spend in Toronto, I might as well move there :)

message 3: by Christa (new)

Christa Simpson (ChristaSimpson) | 1 comments Hey guys. I'm from a small town near Windsor, Ontario. Check out my author site!! http://christasimpson.wordpress.com I write sassy New Adult romances. :-)

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina (channelle_writes) | 10 comments Christa wrote: "Hey guys. I'm from a small town near Windsor, Ontario. Check out my author site!! http://christasimpson.wordpress.com I write sassy New Adult romances. :-)"

A fellow Wordpresser! Is that a word? :)

message 5: by Tana (new)

hi everyone thanks for joining I just started so keep an eye out for more threads to appear.

message 6: by Martine (new)

Martine (Martinealaplage) | 4 comments Hi! I'm from Québec. I'm glad there is now a group only for Canadians!! :D This should be fun! I'm definitely not a writer... but I LOVE reading and reviewing.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (Workaday Reads) (wrkreads) I'm from SW Ontario, but I'm currently in the process of moving to the island in BC, so I guess by this time next week I can call myself an islander.

message 8: by Tana (new)

Hi Martine thanks for joining, Im not a writer/author either but I love to read.

Carmel (Rabid Reads) (Rabid-Reads) | 5 comments Hey! I'm Carmel from Gatineau, Québec. I run a book blog called Rabid Reads where I review anything paranormal.

message 10: by Tana (new)

Hi Sarah and Carmel welcome to the group.

message 11: by Tellulah (new)

Tellulah Darling (TellulahDarling) Hi everyone! I'm Tellulah Darling - a former screenwriter turned YA author who loves reading and chatting books, tv, and film. Can't wait to get to know you all.

www.tellulahdarling.com

message 12: by Tana (new)

Hi Tellulah welcome to the group.

message 13: by Vivi (new)

Vivi Anna (Vivi_Anna) | 1 comments Awesome group.

I'm Vivi Anna and I'm an author from Calgary.

Glad to see so many Canucks on the boards.

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate Sherwood (Kate_Sherwood) | 1 comments Hi, guys! I'm Kate Sherwood - I write mostly m/m romance, but I've got a couple m/f romances, too. Details are at my website, www.katesherwoodbooks.com

I've lived in Canada all my life - grew up in Ontario, then lived in Montreal, then Vancouver, and now I'm back in Southern Ontario. Most of my books are set in Canada, too. My first ones were set in the States, but then I started writing things closer to home and now I'm hooked. It's so much easier to put in those authentic details that make stories feel real!

I'm looking forward to meeting fellow Canadian book lovers!

message 15: by Anna (new)

Anna Hi guys, I'm all the way north in Quebec City. I write YA fantasy with Japanese fox shapeshifters.

message 16: by Tana (new)

HI Vivi, Kate and Anna welcome to the group.

message 17: by Tana (last edited Jun 07, 2013 07:41PM) (new)

I live in Northern Ontario closer to the Manitoba border well 5 hours away. Life in a small northern Ontario town - no bookstore, one grocery store and I have to drive either 4 hours to Thunder Bay, or 5 hrs to Winnipeg. Oh and we just got a Tim Hortons 2 months ago. Closet Walmart is one hour away. lol

But the bonus is it takes me 3 minutes to get to work.

message 18: by Abby (new)

Abby  | 1 comments Hey there! I live in Toronto ON. Grew up in Bradford but move to T.O. when I was 10 and been here ever since. I love reading Paranormal Romance (ESPECIALLY about vamps and shifters) but I'll occasionally read a contemporary romance... People have asked me before why I don't read stuff like things based on actual events... I live real life... Why on earth would I want to read about it?

message 19: by Tana (new)

Hi Abby welcome to the group.

message 20: by Sue (new)

Sue (coccotoro) | 6 comments Hi Everyone. I live in Toronto with my husband and our 2 Labs. (our babies). I have my own business and work from home on the internet, with my 2 babies beside me. I love to read and enjoy reading mystery, suspense, crime and psychological thrillers. I also read romance novels. It's a rainy weekend in Toronto, so it is great for reading. Take care everyone, and enjoy your weekend.

message 21: by Tana (new)

Hi Sue welcome to the group.

message 22: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Andrassy (Stephanie_Andrassy) | 5 comments Hello All. Thanks for the invite Tana! :) I was born in northern Ontario (Blind River), but have lived in southern Ontario in a few places since a young child - including the teeny town of Bradford during my teens. I had to mention that because I missed Abby by only a couple of years it seems, and it is such a small place. Attended U of Guelph and now live between Toronto and London. I write Romance - dramatic/suspenseful fantasy and paranormal versus lighter beach reads - but do have some contemporary chick lit floating in my brain that will eventually morph into some published stories down the road. I read almost anything - except for creepy, scary, horrific tales. Life is a learning experience, and as long as I'm learning and experiencing new things - I'm happy. :) Have a super fantastic weekend!

message 23: by Tana (new)

Welcome to the group Stephanie

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Tork (SarahTo1) | 1 comments Hi everyone
I'm from toronto, well richmond hill actually. Anyways I'm a writer, I just self published two novels, one YA the other romance. I love reading dystopian YA and romance.

I don't do run of the mill, my stuff goes left when it should go right.

I hate, and I mean hate with the passion of a thousand suns.......onions!
I don't know why I'm telling you all this....
Cheers

message 25: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Schmitt (mkayschmitt) | 11 comments Hello, everyone, I am from Burnaby, BC. I write youth and adult women's mainstream novels. Look forward to being part of this site.

Kathleen

message 26: by Hally (last edited Jun 08, 2013 03:30AM) (new)

Hally Willmott | 1 comments Hello everyone:) Thanks for the invite! I am from Sudbury, Ontario:) I am a newly signed author for Limitless Publishing and my debut novel "Awakenings" was just released in May! I write YA sci Fi fantasy. Awakenings is one of four, I am currently finishing book two.
Awakenings (Elemental Series #1) by Hally Willmott
Awakenings Hope to hear from the group soon:) p.s... I also blog:)about my writing experiences.Hally Willmott

message 27: by Ian (new)

Ian Truman (IanTruman) | 1 comments Hi everyone, my name is Ian, I'm from Montreal, studied at Concordia and mostly write noir fiction. I also started the bilingual "mainline gala for student drama" with Jeremy Hetchman and Mary Lee Maynard.

I'm happy to participate in this "indie-can" (if that's a word) group.

take care, Ian

message 28: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Mclean (kdmclean) | 1 comments Hi Everyone!
I'm K.D. McLean in Canada's first capital city - Kingston. There's an interesting fact for you. Kingston is not just the home of most of the prison's in the country.

I write romance novels containing some erotica. I've published two books in a series, Tales of Pandora, which is a sex club in Toronto (bet you Torontonians have never heard of it, which makes sense since it's fictitious)

Here is my blogspot kdmcleanauthor.blogspot.ca
Drop by and leave a comment. Love to hear from you.

Glad that there is a Canadian group on Goodreads!!

message 29: by Tana (new)

HI K.D., Ian,Hally, Kathleen and Sarah welcome to the group.

message 30: by Susan (new)

Susan Rodgers (SusanRodgers) | 4 comments Hi Tana and everyone -

Thanks for the invite, Tana. I'm Susan from Summerside, Prince Edward Island :) I'm an author - my Drifters series (A Song For Josh, Promises and No Greater Love) is doing great and I'm thrilled to be a part of the Goodreads community to introduce it to others as well as to discover new great reads! I'm also a part time filmmaker and would love to chat tv and film as well :)

Nice to goodreads-meet fellow Canadians!

A Song for Josh by Susan Rodgers Promises (Drifters, #2) by Susan Rodgers No Greater Love (Drifters, #3) by Susan Rodgers

message 31: by Tana (new)

Hi Susan, thanks for joining us and welcome to the group.

message 32: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (Rosanna_Leo) Thanks for the invite, Tana! What a wonderful group! I'm Rosanna Leo and I write erotic romance. I was born and raised in Toronto and still live nearby. I adore Tim Horton's double doubles, pickle chips and Sid the Kid makes me weak in the knees.

All my sexy books are here on Goodreads and you can also find me at my blog www.rosannaleo.blogspot.com.

So happy to be in a Canadian group!

message 33: by Tana (last edited Jun 08, 2013 08:20AM) (new)

Hi Rosanna welcome and thanuk you for joining. I run a lot of programs and groups on here and always wonder where are all the canadian authors and members, so I thought why not find us one place where we can chat and share idea's ask for help and just get to know each other.

message 34: by S.L. (new)

S.L. (Sabby34) HI I'm Sabrina, I go by SL Ross on goodreads and in my book series. I live in Ontario, just east of Toronto. I enjoy writing paranormal and erotica more than anything else. But I have been venturing into the contemporary romance genre recently.
My blog -> http://sabrinaross.blogspot.ca/

message 35: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (Rosanna_Leo) Tana wrote: "Hi Rosanna welcome and thanuk you for joining. I run a lot of programs and groups on here and always wonder where are all the canadian authors and members, so I thought why not find us one place wh..."

Awesome idea, Tana!

message 36: by Tana (new)

thank you and Welcome Rosanna and S.L. thanks for joining.

message 37: by Literary (last edited Jun 09, 2013 11:17AM) (new)

Literary  Chanteuse | 9 comments I am Margaret. I live in Mission BC. Always glad to discover a Canadian group here on goodreads. Thanks for the invite! I'm an avid reader, reviewer for InD'tale Magazine and a new blogger.

message 38: by Amanda (last edited Jun 08, 2013 01:45PM) (new)

Amanda (apedulla) | 2 comments Hi Everyone!

I am Amanda. I live in Thunder Bay, ON (Northern Ontario). I read a lot of Young Adult/Romance, Fiction and New Adult (mixture of everything). I do have a blog called Stuck In YA Books http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/ and you can find me here on Goodreads!

message 39: by Kate (new)

Kate Hilton | 5 comments Hi everyone. I'm Kate Hilton. I live in Toronto. I'm a writer (among other pursuits), and my first novel, The Hole in the Middle, has been acquired by HarperCollins Canada. It will be out in paper in the fall of 2013, but in the meantime you can get it on Amazon.ca (it's free this weekend - June 8 and 9). I look forward to talking about books with all of you.

message 40: by Catherine (new)

Catherine McKenzie | 2 comments Hi everyone. I'm Catherine McKenzie, the author of Spin, Arranged and Forgotten. I'm from Montreal, where I still live. My fourth novel, Hidden, is coming out June 18th. You can learn more here: www.catherinemckenzie.com

message 41: by Catherine (new)

Catherine McKenzie | 2 comments Kate wrote: "Hi everyone. I'm Kate Hilton. I live in Toronto. I'm a writer (among other pursuits), and my first novel, The Hole in the Middle, has been acquired by HarperCollins Canada. It will be out in pa..."

Congrats, Kate. I'm published by them too. Who's your editor?

message 42: by Kate (new)

Kate Hilton | 5 comments Thanks, Catherine! I'm working with Jenn Lambert. Iris speaks so highly of you, and encouraged me follow your example in marketing my work! Would love to chat in person some time. I think we are also both lawyers (I'm a recovering one....).

message 43: by Claude (new)

Claude Dancourt (Claudedancourt) | 3 comments Hello!

From Montreal too, in love with books ever since I read 'Le Petit Prince', and that was a long time ago. Since then, I had Harry Potter, Dirk Pitt, Amelia Peabody, Gray Pierce... Okay, I'll shut up now.

Trying my hand at self-publishing, because Amazon makes it so easy.

I have a website, too.

Claude

message 44: by Tana (new)

Hi Everyone welcome to the group and so glad you all joined.

message 45: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) Hi everyone! My name is Lianne and I'm from Toronto. I'm an aspiring writer but in the meantime I also maintain a predominantly book blog at caffeinatedlife.net. I enjoy reading fantasy, historical fiction and literary/contemporary titles but it's really whatever piques my interest/my mood at the moment :)

Wonderful idea for a GR group! I was invited here by someone on my friends list and I look forward to chatting with you all :)

message 46: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (apedulla) | 2 comments Kate wrote: "Hi everyone. I'm Kate Hilton. I live in Toronto. I'm a writer (among other pursuits), and my first novel, The Hole in the Middle, has been acquired by HarperCollins Canada. It will be out in pa..."

Hi Kate and Catherine, I cannot wait to read both of your books!

message 47: by Martina (new)

Martina (FleurDeMar) | 1 comments Thanks for the invite! I'm Martina from Kelowna, BC. I've been book blogging for 4 years now and love it :)

My blog is Book Drunkard. http://virginiebarbeau.wordpress.com/

message 48: by BooksAmL (new)

BooksAmL | 2 comments hey
I am luana from ontario, canada...well vaughan.

message 49: by Moonlight (new)

Moonlight Gleam (MoonlightGleam) | 1 comments Hello everyone!

My name's Lucy and I'm a Canadian book blogger from Montreal! I blog over at http://www.moonlightgleam.com :)

message 50: by Tana (new)

Hi everyone thanks for joining.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12