STOP BULLYING discussion

Bullied

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by QUEEN (last edited Jun 07, 2013 03:39PM) (new)

QUEEN | 6 comments Mod
Ever been bullied? What happened? (Only tell if you would like to or dont say anything at all) How did you handle it?

message 2: by Cayla (new)

Cayla | 4 comments In about 5th or 6th grade, a boy who I didn't talk to much was walking around the playground with an older friend of his. I was sitting off in a quiet corner waiting for my friends to finish up their "solitary punishment" (It was really just walking silently around the track a few times, their whole class had to do it). He waved over at me and was nice enough, but as they were walking away, I heard him say "That's Cayla. She reads for fun." Stressing the fun, as if it was a bad thing. Since then I've been bullied about my quiet personality, "weirdness" (AKA liking anime and manga), my friends, getting good grades, reading in public, being un-athletic, my taste in music, and my ability to fall asleep practically anywhere. Once I was teased by an upperclassmen about putting too much ketchup on a sandwich. People like me, but very few people will stand up for me. And I'm shy and quiet; too shy and quiet to speak up most of the time, since no one is ever violent or excessively cruel. Though now I always carry Gobstoppers with me, because they keep me calm.

message 3: by QUEEN (last edited Jun 08, 2013 11:19AM) (new)

QUEEN | 6 comments Mod
What does it feel like to you to be called names Cayla? Ive been bullied to. Mostly its what people think about me or something i do that they think is odd or strange. But honestly there is no such thing as "normal".

message 4: by Cayla (new)

Cayla | 4 comments It depends on who is doing the name calling. Mostly I can brush it off, because I go to a very small school, so I know that even if they say I'm weird, I can recall at least one time when they've been strange as well. The upperclassman I mentioned is the worst, but since I became friends with a few of his friends, he mostly just ignores me now. So there are only a few people that make me hurt very badly. It's enough, though. I try to avoid them, but, like I said, it's a small school.

QUEEN | 6 comments Mod
thats good. I have been buliied for a long time now, so what people say about me i give them a look like"really, u should no i have more major problems then your name calling."

message 6: by Cayla (new)

Cayla | 4 comments What sort of problems do you have? If you don't mind me asking, that is.

QUEEN | 6 comments Mod
Um more major than name calling or being bullied being bullied now is so minor

message 8: by Cayla (new)

Cayla | 4 comments Ah, ok. Bullying isn't the worst of my problems, but it's higher on the list, simply because I'm a high school girl in a tiny southern town. Nothing goes on, so nothing happens. (Did that make any sense at all?)

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Fenning | 2 comments if anyone needs to talk, my inbox is always open :) I have been bullied for over 10 years and it still is going on! I know how it feels, so no one be afraid to message me :) my name is lauren and im 16 :) if anyone needs to talk i am always here :)

message 10: by QUEEN (new)

QUEEN | 6 comments Mod
yes actually it did