TV We've Just Watched discussion

British TV > Sherlock

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) | 126 comments Does anyone here watch Sherlock?

It's actually what prompted me to finally read the Canon.

I think it's an exceptional show with fantastic actors.

message 2: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments YES! I love it. Clever dialogue, love Steven Moffat's writing and the acting by both Cumberbatch and Freeman. I love their relationship. And Sherlock is amazing! It's one of my favorite shows.

3 episodes for the upcoming Season 3 but no official premiere date yet.

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky | 186 comments I'm just glad its coming back, I was worried we wouldn't know what happened!!!!!!!

message 4: by Jackie (last edited Jun 09, 2013 07:52AM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I read that we'll find out how Sherlock did it in the first episode back.

message 5: by roshay (new)

roshay (sadderdaze) I love Sherlock!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR SEASON 3!!!

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary (giesela1000) | 5 comments Joining in on the love fest! Can't wait for the new season. I suspect we have to wait in the US?

message 7: by Jackie (last edited Dec 22, 2013 05:28PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Yes, it's airs on PBS so it's usually a 2-3 month lag. I'm reading about a possible UK date for January. Still no official date on when season 3 will air but Cumberbatch and Freeman say yes to more Sherlock.

"Cumberbatch had indicated that they have agreed on doing two more series. "All I know at the moment is I'm doing these three [the episodes of "Sherlock 3"] and another three," the Bristish actor had said as quoted by The Global Dispatch. Freeman had said at an event that the season four of "Sherlock" is in the pipeline."

Read more here: http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/514967...

message 8: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Just saw Cumberbatch on Graham Norton last night, awesome.

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary (giesela1000) | 5 comments I saw it too, I love GN although it seems lately the fawning over big stars has gotten to be a bit much. I.e. I got tired pretty fast of the fawning over Harrison Ford. A little is ok but its gone way beyond that IMO.
The GN show with Cumberbatch and Chris Pine was excellent with the "Pine Nuts" and Cumber Bitches"

message 10: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Agreed on Harrison Ford. And to be honest, he was rather dull.

Oh that one was fantastic, Pine Nuts and Cumber Bitches, hahaha

message 11: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Season 3 premiere Jan 19th
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/p...

message 12: by Jackie (last edited Dec 22, 2013 05:28PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Season 3 UK premiere Jan 1st

3 week wait, not bad at all! I can live with that.

message 13: by Jackie (new)

message 14: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Series 4 was confirmed by actors Benedict Cumberatch and Martin Freeman.

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments So...what did everyone think about Sherlock?
I liked it. But I felt the same as John, so many other people knew about the ruse and Sherlock couldn't tell John? It was cruel to let him think he was dead for so long. Especially since there was no valid reason why he couldn't tell John.
I liked the scene with Sherlock and Mycroft playing games. And that their parents were so 'ordinary'.

message 16: by Alice (new)

Alice (alice20) As usual, it was amazing. Sherlock was just cruel in this episode though. It was obvious John was still strung about his fake death, and Sherlock just laughed it off.

About his miraculous fall, I was confused though. Was the explanation he gave to the fan club person real (the one where he got a huge blue blow-up thingy and cut off the street to avoid his homeless network)? Or are the writers planning on providing the real answer in the next episodes?

message 17: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments In an interview I saw with Moffat, he said we'd get the answer in the S3 premiere episode, so I guess Sherlock's explanation is the only one we're getting. I rather not focus on that anyway, I hope that's it. Otherwise it would reek of American TV's way of dragging things out. I'm ready for the next episode and the next story.

message 18: by Manuel (new)

Manuel | 143 comments Great show.
Our PBS station has been rebroadcasting last season's episodes to get us ready for the new season.

Loved the premier episode as Sherlock returns.
Great dynamic between Sherlock and John and also between Sherlock and his brother Mycroft.

Wonderful glimpse into Sherlock's background and make up when we finally get to meet his parents.

message 19: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments I like John's GF Mary. She seems very cool, and I like how she instantly welcomed Sherlock back into their lives.

message 20: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Sherlock's best man speech...priceless!

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments What a great episode.

message 22: by Manuel (new)

Manuel | 143 comments Loved loved the episode, though I was hard pressed to find any semblance to the original Conan Doyle story.

Great writing and acting though.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} (amyorames) | 69 comments I'm not sure if the third episode has aired in the States yet, but I loved the sequence (view spoiler).

message 24: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments It will air this Sunday.

message 25: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Sherlock Seasons 4 and 5 confirmed...just not anytime soon.
I didn't read the article, I will later after I watch the final ep of Season 3, just in case there are spoilers.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidetheb...

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments No spoilers that I could see, no.

message 27: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Ames, yes that was fantastic! I love how this show is written. Big surprise with Mary, I was like Whhaaatttt? lol

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1012 comments I love this show.

message 29: by Jackie (last edited Feb 02, 2014 09:45PM) (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments Damn, and now I can't read that long in message 25, Service Not Available. I'll try tomorrow. It's good enough just knowing there will be more seasons.

message 30: by Ash (new)

Ash | 7 comments I love this programme, it's so well written and well acted. Can't wait for the next series!

message 31: by Randy (new)

Randy Harmelink | 110 comments Has anyone been watching Martin Freeman on Fargo?

Well, heck. He's doin' a darn good job, you betcha.

message 32: by Ash (new)

Ash | 7 comments Martin Freeman is so good in Fargo! His accent is amazing!

message 34: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia...

The long, long gaps between seasons of Sherlock are one of the most painful experiences in modern-day television: but in 2015, there’s at least a small crumb of comfort, in the shape of a Christmas special. Okay, so it still means having to wait until December, but at least that’s better than waiting until January: and what’s more, the new year in 2016 will also see a full season of three episodes. But until then, if anyone can tell us what those costumes Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are wearing in the special’s promo photo are all about, we’re all ears.

message 36: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) | 4961 comments January 1st Sherlock special. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475582/e...
I'm assuming that's the UK premiere date, American PSB is still quiet on when Sherlock will premiere, but I'll guess sometime in January.