The Wide Web of Friends in YA Books discussion

Book Talks Part 1 > Books that you HATE

Comments Showing 1-50 of 323 (323 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 8842 comments Mod
Everyone always asks: "What is your favorite book?" What about the books that you really didn't like? What books did you abandon or dislike?

message 2: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Rachel (starjoy899) | 842 comments Mod
I surprise surprise hated the book City of Ember

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 44 comments I didn't like city of ember either; it was overrated!

message 4: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

I didn't like the book Wither by Lauren DeStefano. It was so boring and all of this weird stuff happens... I abandoned Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick. I got one hundred pages in but it is just so boring. Nora just spends the whole time feelings sorry for herself and pining over Patch, wanting to get back together with him.

message 5: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Rachel wrote: "I didn't like city of ember either; it was overrated!"

IKR!!!!

message 6: by Ashley (last edited Jun 07, 2013 08:13PM) (new)

Ashley | 89 comments Ana wrote: "I liked City of Ember, but the sequels sucked. I also really dislike those books about cancer. I hate cancer, but those books are just so sad and depressing, but there have been more and more poppi..."

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews Me and Earl and the Dying Girl is a really good cancer book. It's funny and not sad at all.

message 7: by Gabby (new)

Gabby | 74 comments i hated the book Nightspell by Leah Cypess, it was so bad i couldnt even finish it

message 8: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) Pandemonium! It was so boring! I only got 80 pages in before I quit. Lauren Oliver should never have tried to write a sequel to Delirium.

message 9: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Julia wrote: "Pandemonium! It was so boring! I only got 80 pages in before I quit. Lauren Oliver should never have tried to write a sequel to Delirium."

Thank you! Me too. I was so bored I just skimmed through it.

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments Julia wrote: "Pandemonium! It was so boring! I only got 80 pages in before I quit. Lauren Oliver should never have tried to write a sequel to Delirium."

I liked Pandemonium but I hated Requiem and didn't like Delirium that much either.

message 11: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) Really? Maybe I'll give it another try. The then/now thing was kind of confusing. But I really liked Delirium. I found the idea of love being a disease really interesting and different.

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments I thought the premise was...interesting but not very believable. Usually I can toss out all logic to enjoy a book but I just can't imagine our world being like theirs. Love a disease. I don't think humans would ever make love a disease.

message 13: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) Yeah I would hate to live in a world like the one in Delirium. Life without love would be so depressing!

message 14: by julia (new)

julia (julianevergrowup) I read Uglies but I didn't continue the series.

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments I don't think I'm going to read that series then. No point in starting a series that I won't finish.

message 16: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Ashley wrote: "I don't think I'm going to read that series then. No point in starting a series that I won't finish."

Yeah, I started uglies and just put it back down again

message 17: by Doctor Who Fan (new)

Doctor Who Fan I♥♥DW | 29 comments I have only met 4 books I hated or abandoned
1)Of Mice and Men
2)Druid of Shannara
3)Swordbird
4)Chasing Redbird
There are some others that I haven't liked, but these four are the worst.

message 18: by Emilie (new)

Emilie Uglies was terrible I was so bored and just quit completely. And Shine by Lauren Myracle I did not like that books at all!

message 19: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

I've heard a lot of bad things about Uglies.

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments Emilie wrote: "Uglies was terrible I was so bored and just quit completely. And Shine by Lauren Myracle I did not like that books at all!"

Shine? Really? I was going to read that. Is it that bad?

message 21: by Emilie (new)

Emilie Well I'm more into scifi and its about a gay guy getting beaten into a coma and friend Cat trying to figure out what happened. But what happened to her really freaked me out (trying not to ruin it) and messed up the book for me. Then again it's just being realistic-ish...

message 22: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

I didn't like Shine either.

message 23: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaherondalecarstairs) | 148 comments I really really really didn't like the first book in The Chronicles of Narnia series. That's why I didn't continue on with this series. And I also dodn't like the Bluebloods series. Althought the story is interesting, the writing is really bad.

message 24: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

The Magician's nephew?

message 25: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaherondalecarstairs) | 148 comments Yeah that one. I don't know, I just found it really boring.

message 26: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

It was boring then fascinating, boring then fascinating. I liked it better than the 7th book.

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaherondalecarstairs) | 148 comments I don't plan on reading the other books in the series, only if I have nothing else to read...

message 28: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Oh... well I just finished this book I think you might like. Truth or Dare

message 29: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaherondalecarstairs) | 148 comments Is this the first book in a series or a stand alone?

message 30: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

IDK give me a min. i'll figure it out.

message 31: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

It's the first in the series.

message 32: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

If you don't like waiting for the rest of the series to come out you could try reading this Hex Hall or I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You or Heist Society.

message 33: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaherondalecarstairs) | 148 comments Ok, so this book leaves you with some unanswered questions.

message 34: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

prob. I'm only half way through. It was released like 2 months ago.

message 35: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

The other books I suggested are also first in their series, but the entire series is out for those. If you want stand alones I could recommend some.

message 36: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaherondalecarstairs) | 148 comments I really want to read some stand alones, so yes please!

message 38: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaherondalecarstairs) | 148 comments Ok thank you so much!

message 39: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

anytime! :D

message 40: by Carie (new)

Carie (cnclandell) | 124 comments I loathed Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan :( And, I'm not AT ALL a fan of the 13 to Life series by Shannon Delany. I'm getting MAD just thinking about these!! Also, I have serious problems with these books because of the BAD endings: Requiem, Rise by Anna Carey, Ever My Merlin, and Bloodrose. I also detested most of the completely unnecessary middle books in The Immortals series by Alyson Noel!

message 41: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Really? I thought GLOW would be good! I'm still going 2 read it though.

message 42: by Carie (new)

Carie (cnclandell) | 124 comments Might have been the mood I was in when I read it, but it rubbed me the wrong way BIG TIME!! Let me know what you think of it, though. I'd be interested to get someone else's perspective on it.

message 43: by Rachel , The Attentive One (new)

Was the ending of blood rose really bad? I'm going to finish it tonight...

message 44: by Carie (new)

Carie (cnclandell) | 124 comments You're reading Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer, right? I didn't like it. I had to hold myself back from throwing my book across the room at one point :( A lot of the book was really good and exciting, but I was really mad about a few things (one in particular!) that happened at the end. Let me know what you think!

message 45: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) Def 'Lord Of The Flies'

message 46: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Carie wrote: "You're reading Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer, right? I didn't like it. I had to hold myself back from throwing my book across the room at one point :( A lot of the book was really good and exciting..."

sometimes I like it when characters make me want to hit them though. It makes them more realistic in some cases, like America from The Selection and The Elite.

message 47: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Triseaton3 wrote: "Def 'Lord Of The Flies'"

We have 2 read that in English next year :( not looking 4ward 2 it.

message 48: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

Triseaton3 wrote: "Def 'Lord Of The Flies'"

We have 2 read that in English next year :( not looking 4ward 2 it.

message 49: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 89 comments Elle wrote: "Carie wrote: "You're reading Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer, right? I didn't like it. I had to hold myself back from throwing my book across the room at one point :( A lot of the book was really goo..."

I don't mind unlikeable characters but when a character is stupid then I throw the book across the room.....and pick it back up cuz throwing books is mean.

message 50: by Rachel, The Overseer (new)

lol

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7