YA Book Gang!! discussion

Archived Items > The Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3050 comments Mod
What did you think of this movie? Did it do justice to the book? Are you looking forward to Catching Fire coming out?

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) I think that the cast did a pretty good job. The script, however, left out many important things. Like how she really got the pin. Well anyways I'm excited for the next movie: Catching Fire!

message 3: by Sarah (last edited Jun 07, 2013 01:42PM) (new)

I really liked the hunger games film. I loved the way yiu got to see the control room and ya you're right they mixed up a few important things and left out parts too. I really wanted to see Haymitch fall off the stage :/

Natalie (Never trust a duck) I though the movie was really good. I was a bit iffy when I heard you was to play Peeta, but he did a great job. I can't wait for Catching Fire, thats my favorite!! and Finnick :P

message 5: by Sydney (new)

Sydney (sydneypearl) I thought they did a pretty good job on keeping Sierra close ton the book. Except for a few important parts. But, it could have been worse. I finally got to see the new trailer for Catching Fire and I'm so excited!

message 6: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (TinyMonkey) | 8 comments I read the books after watching the movie but I have to say it could have been worse. I found the movie okay. But I'm sad Madge won't ever appear in the movies. I'm excited for Catching Fire since it's my favorite book of the three.

message 7: by Riya (new)

Riya | 451 comments So excited for Catching Fire!! I actually really enjoyed Hunger Games (the book and the movie), so I can't wait! They honestly did it so well, so I'm super excited :) It'll be awesome to see all the new tributes! And Gale of course :D

message 8: by Matilda (new)

Matilda (peanut_butter) | 13 comments Yeah the first movie was amazing, and the trailer for Catching Fire looks really promising, so my expectations are really high. :D
I am hoping that the movie has a midnight premiere in my town, if so i am not going to miss it!

message 9: by Riya (new)

Riya | 451 comments Haha same!! If it isn't like perfect, I won't like it :P
Oh nice!! I doubt I'll be able to see the midnight premier, but I'm totally jealous if you do!

message 10: by Matilda (new)

Matilda (peanut_butter) | 13 comments Haha I'm a bit picky too, I'll probably read the book right before watching the movie, and then mutter in the cinema about everything that is different from the book.. :pp

message 11: by Riya (new)

Riya | 451 comments Haha I'll most likely do the same thing :)

message 12: by Beata (new)

Beata (beatae) The trailer for Catching Fire was amazing, I'm super excited. And Sam Claflin is the perfect Finnick, I was rooting for him from the beginning.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Catching Fire in less than a week!!!! Who's going to see it and when???? Was anyone at the premiere? :)

message 14: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (_afkbookworm_) I'm so excited!!! I'm hoping to watch the midnight screening in the cinema but I doubt I'll be aloud.

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Ah class!!!! Ya especially a school night :p I'm going to be going on Friday to see it :)

message 16: by Riya (new)

Riya | 451 comments I think I'm going to see it next Friday!

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Same!!! Can't wait for it :D

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Who has seen Catching Fire? !!!!!!

message 19: by Tessa (new)

Tessa MEEEEE!! Gosh it was soooooo good.

message 20: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Tuesday/wednesday midnight premiere here in the Netherlands I loved it.,

message 21: by Sarah (new)

I've seen it too. It was amazing!! I loved the bit at the end with the pin :)

message 22: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Wooooww yeah I we t crazy to my mom like; WAAAAAH THATS THE NEW MOCKINGJAY POSTER! and she was like; yeah soo come on lets go i want to bed! It was 2:30 am soo I understand her but it was at that moment fully awake

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Haha ya :p

message 24: by Beautyhexe (new)

Beautyhexe | 15 comments I am going to see it on Wednesday with a friend and I am SUPER excited. There is no single Jennifer Lawrence interview on YouTube that I haven't watched to bridge the waiting time :D

message 25: by Sarah (new)

I hope you enjoy it!!!!! :D

message 26: by Dj (new)

Dj Aalliyah | 13 comments I have it amazing as soon as I saw finnick I started to shriek I fan girl so hard.

Natalie (Never trust a duck) I'm so excited to see it!! TEAM FINNICK FOREVAH!

message 28: by Caru (new)

Caru LOVED IT!!!TEAM FINNICK!!!!!

message 29: by Wells Margo (new)

Wells Margo (pearapple) | 16 comments AHHHHHHHHHHH FINNICK!!!!!!!! HE WAS SO AWESOME IN THE MOVIE!!!

Natalie (Never trust a duck) DON'T. SAY. ANYTHING.

message 31: by Wells Margo (new)

Wells Margo (pearapple) | 16 comments lol

message 32: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x)

so upset :(