show you how you should
live your life,

please let me give you
the tools to console
every-thing that you
hold dear to you now.

message 2: by Kyra (new)

Kyra (Nikara) | 364 comments Mod
Oh, wow. I have goosebumps. This is an excellent poem!!! I was never an expert on grading poetry, I mostly just go by gut feeling... but I have to say, I really like it! Keep it up!!!

message 3: by Erie (new)

Erie Morgan (amadeusfan27) | 31 comments thanx, i'm glad you liked it, i think i will keep writing it, what else do you think should go after what i just wrote, can you think?

message 4: by Mel (new)

Mel | 371 comments Mod
Excellent poem, Erie. :) With poetry, you have a little more freedom than other forms of writing. Poetry is about your feelings. You take words to describe your portrayal of certain feelings, and you make it flow into poem form, which can go any way you want. That's why I think critiquing poetry isn't as necessary, y'know? Unless you're writing a specific type of poetry, like a haiku or an acrostic or something. If it's more free poetry, you just go wild and see if it provoked feelings within other people who read it.

So anywho, from my point of view, I think it has a mysterious air, and you could totally add more to it if you wanted, but what you add is up to you. Whatever you feel.