Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennbacca) | 3 comments Hi everyone!
I am an 8th grade Language Arts teacher, and I always go to my students to ask what books they want in their classroom library, but I won't see them this summer so I thought I would post here to get suggestions from you guys!

Who better to ask than teenagers!? Please try to give me the book title AND author! Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Hi Jennifer!!

I work as a sub clerk in a library and so I read a lot of YA books! I also asked my 15 year old son and my 13 year old daughter for suggestions!! I put the links to the books so that way you just have to click on them and you can see the covers!! Hope this helps you! :)

Sherman's favorites
The Dangerous Days of Daniel X (Daniel X, #1) by James Patterson Insignia (Insignia, #1) by S.J. Kincaid Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

Marissa's favorites
Matched Trilogy Box Set by Ally Condie Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Bruiser by Neal Shusterman

Kathy's favorites
Girl, Stolen by April Henry The Compound (The Compound, #1) by S.A. Bodeen Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer

message 3: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Hi Jennifer !

Some of my favorite books that i love are mostly YA books so here are some :

Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) by Ally Carter Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2) by Ally Carter Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3) by Ally Carter
And u should really get these series :
Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1) by C.C. Hunter <- shadow falls series its really good for teenagers

message 4: by Trinity (new)

Trinity And some other ones:
For mostly girls,
Sweethearts by Sara Zarr Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
Sara Dessen is really good i highly recommend these ^

For mostly boys
Percy Jackson and the Olympians Boxed Set (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1-3) by Rick Riordan Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1) by Colleen Houck The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling

Morganvillechic | 301 comments My favorites are:
Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine
The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, #1) by James Patterson
The Reformed Vampire Support Group by Catherine Jinks
The Nine Lives of Chloe King (Nine Lives of Chloe King, #1-3) by Liz Braswell

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennbacca) | 3 comments Thanks so much guys and gals! I have many of these books--so it's great to know I'm on the right track! Compound and Legend look great! I think I'll have to check out the Shadow Falls series too!

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments You're welcome!! :)