Editors and Writers discussion

editing and proof editing services available

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 8 comments Hello, my name is Hannah. I am a college graduate looking for work as an editor. I have many years of experience, having volunteered beginning in my freshman year as a peer editor in my university's academic support center.
I graduated with a degree in English Literature and a minor in German. The intense work in both of these fields made me into a better reader and a better English speaker. After years of extremely close reading and analysis for my major and essentially re-learning English on a higher grammatical level in order to understand the grammatical laws of German, I have garnered all of the necessary skills to be an excellent editor. I am also an avid reader. Most importantly, however, I love to edit.
While I believe I am very good at what I do, I have not had any paid experience doing this kind of work. So if you're willing to take a chance on newby, look no further.
I am able to edit your pieces both as a proof editor [that is, looking for grammatical errors, inconsistencies, typos, etc] as well as a traditional editor [examining and analyzing characters, story arcs, etc]
If you are interested or have any further questions, please send me a private message, or comment here, and I would be happy to start helping you with your newest masterpiece!

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 8 comments Carole wrote: "Hannah, there's a wonderful lady here named Glenda who has started a webpage for editors and beta readers - kinda one-stop shopping for people here seeking us. Check out this page and have her add ..."

Wonderful, thanks so much for the tip!