Making Connections discussion

In His Stead (A Father's War)
This topic is about In His Stead
ARRs COMPLETED (Post Reviews) > 1288. IN HIS STEAD (A Father's War) by Judith Sanders

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri, Book Ninja (last edited Oct 22, 2013 08:38AM) (new)

Sheri | 6079 comments Mod
In His Stead (A Father's War) by Judith Sanders Judith Sanders
Genre: Military Fiction
Page Count: 325

Book Description:
AN ANCIENT LAW, A MODERN WAR, AND A FATHER'S LOVE THAT KNOWS NO BOUNDS...

Retired Army Ranger Thomas Lane once burned for the taste of gunpowder and the thrill of the battle. But as he struggles to cope with his own PTSD and the death of his eldest son, killed by an IED in Afghanistan, Lane learns that the price of war is far too dear.

When the National Guard calls up Lane’s youngest son to serve, Lane knows he will do anything to save his child—even if it means going in his place, a pursuit unheard of since the Civil War when slaves were sent to war in place of their masters.

In His Stead, Judith Sander's second novel, follows Thomas Lane's crusade against the United States Army, its JAG corps, a vengeful officer, the very son he is desperate to save, and his own wife, who has the Solomon-like choice of losing either a husband or a son.

Capturing the essence of family life in wartime—the good, the bad, and the hopeful—In His Stead explores what it means to be a father and a man.

Be one of the first 10 to sign up below in order to receive a free copy of this ebook to read and review! Please post your reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, and B&N if applicable.

Formats available: Mobi (Kindle)

All reviews should be completed and posted within 4-6 weeks of receiving your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your name, email address, and format

Reviewers:
1. Nicua
2. L.R.
3. Venna
4. Allison

Nicua | 8 comments I would love to review this book.
Nicua
terraverum@yahoo.com.au
mobi (kindle)

message 3: by Tana (new)

Tana (tana_t) | 14659 comments Mod
sent in your request Nicua

Nicua | 8 comments Tana wrote: "sent in your request Nicua"

Thanks! :D

message 5: by L.R. (new)

L.R. Currell (Currell) | 14 comments would love to read this, it struck a cord with me as a veteran.

leethecuz@hotmail.com

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) (ladyvigilante) sent in your request L.R.

message 7: by Veena (new)

Veena (veena_singh) hi,
i would love to read this book. felt some connection. being a military kid and all.

epub

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) (ladyvigilante) Veena what's your email address?

message 9: by Veena (new)

Veena (veena_singh) oppssss... sorry... acupofcoffeeandafairytale@gmail.com

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) Sent in your request

Allison | 61 comments I was hooked deeply within the first pages of this story, Judith Sanders writes so deeply and wonderfully. She took me away, My chest ached deeply reading this book these words.. I want everyone to really read this, to understand what passes between these pages. What we feel as parents, and parents of those that serve, have served and have been lost to the maddness.... 5+ stars for this work!!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

In His Stead (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Judith Sanders (other topics)