The Book Club That Must Not Be Named (Cleveland, TN) discussion

BOOK TALK > Recommended Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brooke, Fairy Mod Mother (last edited Jun 07, 2013 09:19AM) (new)

Brooke Nolan (brookesbooksmom) | 15 comments Mod
I know y'all have a bunch of great book ideas for future reading and we want everyone in the group to have a chance to select the monthly book so please list your favorites here in this thread. You can also list them in the "To Read" bookshelf. Our goal is to read many different styles of writing so we'll probably alternate between more intense, masculine types of books like Ender's Game with more feminine YA styles like Beautiful Creatures. So, don't be afraid to list any book you think is wonderful. It's all about trying new things and loving old favorites. Daniel says we're nuthin' if not eclectic. (That's for all you Chattanooga "Eclectics". Wink Wink)

message 2: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (cupococoa) Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of Unnatural Creatures to read this month, but since July is coming up, I was wondering if you all had chosen a book for July? :)

message 3: by Brooke, Fairy Mod Mother (new)

Hi Miss Leslie...I'm so sorry I didn't see this until today. Well, I can blame it on vacations, work...Let's see, what else can I blame it on? In short we haven't finished Unnatural Creatures yet but we seem to all be enjoying it. So, we'll probably continue to read it into July. We haven't talked about a new book yet but we're meeting again tonight at 6:00 and that will be a topic of discussion. I'll post an answer as soon as I have one. By the way, it's been fun looking at your recommended books. You'll hear back from me soon.

message 4: by Brooke, Fairy Mod Mother (new)

Jonathan wrote: "I wondered if you guys be interested in reading The twelve kingdoms book 1. You can read more about it on amazon."

Jonathan, I just looked it up and it sounds really good. Looks like a very popular manga. Have you read any from this series? What did you think about it? We aren't opposed to reading manga so I'll mention it to the group tonight at our meeting but I noticed I couldn't find an "affordable" copy of the book so that might be a problem. But let us know more about it. Hope to see you one of these days at our Monday meetings. We're meeting tonight 7/8 at 7:00, by the way. Books a Million / Joe Muggs in Cleveland on Frontage Rd. Thanks for the book suggestion.

message 5: by Brooke, Fairy Mod Mother (new)

Jonathan, I just looked it up and it sounds reall..."

Jonathan...Could you give us a link to the version you read because the book I found was manga and I'd love to take a look at the novel version. It sounds right up our alley. You could put a link on our suggested reading section? Thank you so much for telling us about it.

message 6: by Brooke, Fairy Mod Mother (new)

Brooke wrote: "Jonathan, I just looked it up and it sounds reall..."

Jonathan...Could you give us a link to the version you read because the book I found was manga and I'd love to take a look at the novel versio..."

Hi Again Jonathan...I think what I asked there was as clear as mud. LOL! What I mean is could you put a link on our "To Read" bookshelf? Thanks so much! Brooke