You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > Camp Jingalo Scavenger Scrapbook

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Almeta (last edited Jun 07, 2013 04:14PM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 9952 comments Let's go out and take pictures to share with our family when we get home.

Post your photographs here. Don't forget to look for these things:

Umbrella
Heart, any color but red
Flashlight or lantern
Tent or sleeping bag
Campfire
Cocktail
Yellow piece of fruit
Strange roadside sign/billboard
Canoe, kayak or sailboat
Stars
Body of water
Bird
Post office or UPS truck
Statue
Interesting piece of architecture
Dessert
Flower in bloom
Restaurant menu
Flagpole
Underwear you wouldn’t be caught dead in
Something you see every day
Mailbox
Library

The items need to be real items, not a picture of an umbrella, or underwear in a magazine ad. Be creative and keep your camera with you, you never know when the perfect item will pop up. I think I'll stroll around downtown, and then go to the mall for some virtual shopping :)

If possible, don't take pictures of items around your house. Try to get out there and find the items from other sources. And remember, bizarre is better. ☺

message 2: by Almeta (last edited Jun 15, 2013 08:46AM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 9952 comments Scavenger Spectacular

heart
 photo heart_zpsd4ce9ca7.jpg

post office
 photo DSCN1675_zpsb5a3eaef.jpg
you would not believe how many times I went by here looking for a delivery truck!

dessert
 photo DSCN1700_zps231fa492.jpg  photo DSCN1701_zps24996bb2.jpg
S'Mores Banana Boat

sign
 photo Sign_zps9a76a4a4.jpg
A bit out of place for June in Michigan.
Ice cubes now that's different, you can choke on them.

birds
 photo CanadaGeese_zps1530060b.jpg
Canada Geese That ball of fuzz in center right is a bunch of goslings

canoes
 photo Canoes_zpsad2fd41b.jpg

lantern
 photo DSCN1680_zps277ef13c.jpg

body of water
 photo 5fdf923f-fc0a-4390-bab5-def9bf248469_zps58e3bc64.jpg
Tonquish Creek in my backyard along the pathway to downtown Plymouth

flowers in bloom
 photo DSCN1637_zpscb7df31a.jpg
Floral drapes, African Violet, Peace Lily and Iris stained glass

mailbox
 photo DSCN1649_zps3b841b21.jpg
one of these strip mall tenants sells fitness equipment

tent
 photo DSCN1645_zpsa8e481bd.jpg

flagpole
 photo DSCN1644_zpse91b5f77.jpg
Well you did say pole!
Rainy day, no flag.

cocktail
 photo DSCN1699_zps3acf624c.jpg
S'Mores Martini. Thank you jaxnsmom for the recipe. Potent stuff!

library
 photo DSCN1635_zpsa0bf68dd.jpg
small tenant library at my apartment complex, where I am a librarian.

Plymouth Community District Library/Dunning Hough
 photo Library-1_zpsed2f572d.jpg

yellow piece of fruit
 photo DSCN1689_zps66454a8d.jpg
melon, grapefruit, lemons, bananas

restaurant menu
 photo DSCN1690_zpsda367c09.jpg

stars
 photo FriendsHOSUE_zpsf1d8cedf.jpg

umbrella
 photo PICINIC_zps2489879a.jpg
at a friend's house

what I look at everyday
 photo DSCN1640_zps80144fbc.jpg
my computer screen, genealogy chart AND a never stays straight picture

underwear you wouldn’t be caught dead in
 photo DSCN1685_zpsdbf5f428.jpg

statue
 photo DSCN1670_zps7825226d.jpg
The Bray's Restaurant mascot, Buster, used to be on top of the roof. I drove out there to find that they have moved him and enclosed him within glass, and I can not get a good photograph of him.
 photo DSCN1671_zps95c7706a.jpg
Bray's recently made the news when the FBI raided them, looking for evidence of loan sharking, (allegedly at 45% interest and busted kneecaps!)

interesting piece of architecture
 photo DaisyWall_zpsc81c20cc.jpg

Daisy Air Rifle Factory Wall
Before moving to Rogers, AR, in 1958, Daisy Manufacturing Co. manufactured millions of air rifles at its factory on Union Street, southeast of Main Street.

The Red Ryder BB gun, best known to many through the classic comedy, A Christmas Story, was originally made at the Plymouth factory after its introduction in 1939.

photo DaisyAirRifle_zpsd1743b65.jpg
When a buyer wanted this property, the city planners made a stipulation that at least one wall of the old Daisy Air Rifle Factory be preserved. Of course they meant for it to be incorporated into the condominium complex. The owner instead followed the letter of the law, tore down the historic factory, braced a single wall with iron supports and called it a day. Battles are still going on about it.

Still to come:
Campfire, lit fireplace, marshmallows over a BBQ
dessert

message 3: by Jess :) (last edited Jun 11, 2013 08:01AM) (new)

Jess :) | 248 comments Sign
Strange sign

Hearts
Window shopping for hearts <3

Statue
A statue

Flag
Flagpole

Architecture
Interesting architecture

trucks
Postoffice trucks

Tents at local library event

Library :)

Something that I see everyday: my cats (both male) and their love affair

message 4: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments Almeta - you're not letting Debra use any of your photo ideas, are you?

E - which item is your picture of?

message 5: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 9952 comments jaxnsmom wrote: "Almeta - you're not letting Debra use any of your photo ideas, are you?

E - which item is your picture of?"

Debra and I did go walking together yesterday, but she didn't take any pictures. She has some great ideas of her own!

message 6: by jaxnsmom (last edited Jun 15, 2013 08:41AM) (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments jaxnsmom scavenges around

photo 023_zpsca3c62a6.jpg
flowers in bloom at Capital Market

photo 021_zpsb6204bfa.jpg
bluejay

photo 011_zps5c83556e.jpg
fountain at the capitol

photo 009_zps6c9674d5.jpg
architecture - top of columns at the capitol

photo 035_zpsccf67925.jpg
yellow fruit - pineapple and mango

photo 031_zps684f371b.jpg
hearts collection from JoAnne's

photo 030_zpsc0c6784c.jpg
glass and metal sailboat (top of a windchime)

photo 026_zps6c3bc705.jpg
a neighbor's mailbox

photo 024_zps241212b7.jpg
stars on a curtain top my mom made

photo 028_zps00513284.jpg  photo 027_zps738e0837.jpg
roadside signs - for the same place

photo 014_zps3b939046.jpg
Mountaineer statue - West Virginia is the Mountaineer State.

photo DSC03211_zpsdf954bcf.jpg

my umbrella - it's a child's, but I wanted the dog head handle. Thanks to my friend Cameron for helping out!

photo DSC03214_zps9a8da6aa.jpg
flashlight - thanks again to Cameron.

menu
 photo 011_zps723da8c1.jpg

underwear you wouldn't be caught dead in
 photo 015_zps4088e8d5.jpg
My friend X (not allowed to say name) loaned me these. She will deny their existence (I think they were an anniversary gift) and do me bodily harm if I tell anyone other than ya'll about them :)

library
 photo 017_zps590c27cb.jpg
Main branch of our library system.

flagpole
 photo 008_zps3c147beb.jpg
I think the flags are too small for the height of the poles.

photo 003_zpsd1804d93.jpg
post office trucks

photo 004_zps87dc621e.jpg
sleeping bag

photo 006_zps0b41d0d6.jpg
the cutest campfire

photo 005_zpsdfff66e6.jpg
Look - a sleeping bag, canoe, campfire, and marshmallows for the summer camp sign

photo 009_zpsd838b577.jpg
dessert - yummy cake

photo 005_zpsa7347f40.jpg
cocktails - raspberry and peach margaritas

photo 015_zpsbd373172.jpg
Something I see every day. I was going to put something other than my dogs, but who am I kidding? I have to put them. They are the most constant thing in my life. We just got back from the dog park, so there's still some panting going on :)

message 7: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18049 comments Love the picture of the blue jay Jmom - I've never seen one before! Very pretty.

message 8: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilybookshelf) | 453 comments Here's some things that I managed to find

Umbrella
 photo IMAG0180_zpsb52971bb.jpg

Heart, any color but red
 photo IMAG0117_zps61492541.jpg

Flashlight or lantern
Tent or sleeping bag
 photo IMAG0181_zps10b9523d.jpg

Campfire
Cocktail
Yellow piece of fruit
 photo IMAG0182_zpsce53cd07.jpg

Strange roadside sign/billboard
Canoe, kayak or sailboat
Stars
Body of water
Bird
Post office or UPS truck
Statue
Interesting piece of architecture
Dessert
 photo IMAG0183_zps2e8167ae.jpg

Flower in bloom
 photo IMAG0184_zpsb848baca.jpg

Restaurant menu
Flagpole
 photo IMAG0185_zpscaf4c7a2.jpg

Underwear you wouldn’t be caught dead in
 photo IMAG0186_zpscee9e1fb.jpg

Something you see every day
 photo IMAG0187_zps4d13cdc3.jpg

Mailbox
Library
 photo IMAG0109_zpsde29b1e3.jpg

message 9: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments OMG - I love the g-string! I remember the necklaces made from that candy, but I never would have thought of underwear! Too funny - ROFLMAO!

message 10: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments Sarah wrote: "Love the picture of the blue jay Jmom - I've never seen one before! Very pretty."

Thanks, Sarah. They are pretty, but they're not very nice.

message 11: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments E - love the dinosaur, where do you live?

message 12: by Jess :) (new)

Jess :) | 248 comments The dino is in front of the Carnegie Library in Pittsburgh. Today was a beautiful day. Looks like it was really nice in Charleston as well :)

message 13: by Marnie (new)

Marnie (marnie19) | 1983 comments E:) my husband grew up in Canonsburg so I have spent a fair amount of time in Pittsburgh. I recognized the University of Pittsburgh. Beautiful city- sorry about your Penguins.

message 14: by Kat (last edited Jun 11, 2013 12:38PM) (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments So I completely forgot about the Scavenger Hunt every time I left my house. It's only three but it's a start :)

photo photo2_zps42add95c.jpg

A heart that is not red

photo photo1_zps581f7580.jpg

Yellow Fruit.

photo photo4_zps835714ec.jpg

Flowers in bloom

And a few more

photo photo1_zpsa024e7c0.jpg
Body of water
 photo photo4_zps665894af.jpg
Interesting architecture (complete with Amsterdam bikes!)
 photo photo2_zps04766033.jpg
Flagpole (risking my life taking pictures of an Embassy!)
 photo photo3_zpsf3184f27.jpg
Mailbox

photo IMG_0401_zpsaa81d11b.jpg
Statue (of what, I have NO idea)

photo IMG_0402_zps15c9ab4e.jpg
Lanterns

photo IMG_0403_zps0cf8385f.jpg
Something I see every day - my garden gate (the only way into my house!)

message 15: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 9952 comments Sarah wrote: "Love the picture of the blue jay Jmom - I've never seen one before! Very pretty."

Great jay, jaxnsmom. ☺

I have bluejays, cardinals and robins aplenty in my backyard....BUT they are camera shy!

Guess I'll have to find a less nimble bird.

message 16: by Jess :) (new)

Jess :) | 248 comments Marnie wrote: "E:) my husband grew up in Canonsburg so I have spent a fair amount of time in Pittsburgh. I recognized the University of Pittsburgh. Beautiful city- sorry about your Penguins."

I knew that imposing tower might give me away. ;)

message 17: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18049 comments I too love the dinosaur statue Almeta.

message 18: by Almeta (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 9952 comments Sarah wrote: "I too love the dinosaur statue Almeta."

The Dino belongs to E:), but it IS awesome!

message 19: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18049 comments Almeta wrote: "Sarah wrote: "I too love the dinosaur statue Almeta."

The Dino belongs to E:), but it IS awesome!"

Whoops - I thought I'd checked twice to see who it was posted by - my eyes deceive me! Nice photo E:)

message 20: by Marnie (new)

Marnie (marnie19) | 1983 comments Kat- love the Amsterdam pictures. I was there in April and swear the bikes were like ants.... I have never seen so many bikes at one time!

message 21: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) | 2478 comments Marnie wrote: "Kat- love the Amsterdam pictures. I was there in April and swear the bikes were like ants.... I have never seen so many bikes at one time!"

They are crazy! I've perfected the Amsterdam bike aversion walk after nearly five years - whatever you do, don't stop!

message 22: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments Love the curtain top Janxsmom!

message 23: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 46204 comments Wow! Great pictures!

message 24: by Almeta (last edited Jun 10, 2013 12:58PM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 9952 comments Emily, I don't believe your "seen everyday" photo is real!☺☻☺
It is much too clean for everyday use!

message 25: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilybookshelf) | 453 comments Almeta wrote: "Emily, I don't believe your "seen everyday" photo is real!☺☻☺
It is much too clean for everyday use!"

Haha. We had a bunch of people over the previous night so I had just thoroughly cleaned my kitchen.

message 26: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments Almeta - the mailboxes are a hoot! And I didn't say anything about a flag on that pole :)

message 27: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments Almeta wrote: "Emily, I don't believe your "seen everyday" photo is real!☺☻☺

And it does say "seen", not "used"!

message 28: by Almeta (last edited Jun 11, 2013 04:02AM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 9952 comments jaxnsmom wrote: "Almeta wrote: "Emily, I don't believe your "seen everyday" photo is real!☺☻☺

And it does say "seen", not "used"!"

Good point! I apologize.:)

message 29: by Rusalka, Moderator (last edited Jun 15, 2013 07:06AM) (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 16478 comments Alright *cracks knuckles* Photos with long winded stories (as if you expect anything less).

Umbrella - at the National Museum. Note the architecture.
description

Heart, any color but red - the most disgusting chocolates imaginable.
description

Flashlight or lantern - does this count? I have a torch but it's boring. This lantern is purtier.
description

Tent or sleeping bag - my trusty -5C Sleeping bag in my cupboard
description

Campfire - driveway fire I still need to go outside and clean up
description

Cocktail - White Lady. One shot of gin, one shot of lemon juice, one shot of Cointreau. If you like sugar, some sugar syrup too but we don't. Shake with ice. Consume. It doesn't make much, so I doubled it. Each. So that's 8 shots... it surprised me.
Lexx also tried to steal these before I took the photo so I would have to make another round... sneaky bugger.
Replace the Gin with Midori and you have a Japanese Slipper which is Lexx's favourite cocktail.
description

Yellow piece of fruit - pile of lemons waiting for mulled wine.
description

Strange roadside sign/billboard - this stumped me. I got this of our streets down the road. our suburb is named all after Aboriginal tribes. These two are from the Northern territory. That's strange if you're not Aussie.
description

if it doesn't count, here's a replica of actual roadsigns we have.
description

Canoe, kayak or sailboat - does a paddleboat work?
Hmm... my 21st birthday print that my stepfather bought off the side of the road in Indonesia? They are on a canoe.
description

If that doesn't work, I made an origami canoe and put a beefeater in it. It fell apart when i tried to take a photo
description

Stars - stars in my University's logo on the door to my Centre I work in.
description

Body of water - Lake Burley Griffin. Runs nearly the width of Canberra in the middle of the city. You can see the Capital Cook Memorial Jet behind Commonwealth Bridge there, and in the other corner is the National Library of Australia. Taken from the National Museum of Aus. My city is kinda gorgeous on days like this, imho.
description

Bird - This is what everyone elses' house looks like right? This is my little boy Madesco. 'Desco sometimes chills in the bath. Means he gets some alone time away from the chickens. Although, just after I took this photo Aiode the chicken ran past the bathroom door with a giant potato in her beak, closely followed by Anya the chicken in pursuit. Completely normal.
description

Post office or UPS truck - I'm a ninja.
description

Statue - this is a statue in the middle of the city. I don't know why. It is a right of passage in this city to get off your face and then have a photo of you performing unmentionable things to this sheep and it's friend out of shot. Yeah...
description

Interesting piece of architecture - The National Museum of Australia. One of the most interesting and hated buildings in Canberra. I used to manage the museum floor here for a while, so I can give you a small version of the architecture tour if wanted. however, the bit no one wants to tell you there, is it used to have a hospital on this site. They imploded it and made it a fun family day out to watch the hospital fall down. However, it accidentally EXploded instead of IMploded and very sadly ended up scalping a 12 year old girl a year younger than me from my area, killing her. She was on the complete other side of the lake. Why demolitions probably shouldn't be public events. Sad story, go look at the duck again.
description

Dessert - my self-saucing chocolate pudding. This has gotten me several proposals, from both men and women. We had this for dinner with a bottle of sticky - winning at being an adult :P
description
Flower in bloom - turns out both my plants flowered. I didn't even know they were winter flowering until today.
description

Restaurant menu - forgot to get a picture of the menus in the two places I ate the last two nights. Luckily, the place last night had a dessert menu. No one got any, the mains were ordinary and the coffee was crap. But menu!
description

Flagpole - with more Museum architecture. There was no wind today. Sorry.
description

Down the road with wind
description

Underwear you wouldn’t be caught dead in - this is a hard one. I haven't gone to a shopping centre all week. And I thought I had worse in my drawers. However, this is as bad as it gets. My mum heard I was going to the snow and gave me this thermal underwear of hers. I have never worn it, in fact have bought my own. I cannot deal with the fact that if i go to the snow and crash into a tree they will think I raided my grandmother's underwear drawer before hitting the slopes. I am vain in a very particular way.
description

Something you see every day - My computer with the two most opened things on the screens (Facebook is probably equal with Goodreads and is open in another tab)
description

Mailbox
description

Library

message 30: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18049 comments Love the picture of your duck in the bath! Your explanation made me laugh too!

message 31: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2547 comments Rusalka wrote: "Canoe, kayak or sailboat - does a paddleboat work?"

Unfortunately I asked Jmom if other boats worked and she said no.
She did point out that it didn't have to be a real boat on water though .... something for you (and me) to think about.

message 32: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 16478 comments Doh. Missed that. Thanks Lynn!

Anytime Sarah. They all definitely keep life interesting.

message 33: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Your duck is so cute Rusalka! I really want to get a pet duck (or maybe two) but I have four cats so I don't think it would work too well! Maybe one day......

message 34: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 16478 comments I'd suggest getting two. We started with two, then had three, but now only 'Desco there is left. Just gives them someone to hang around with when you're not there. Our two ones (he had a twin brother called Kade) used to do this in sync quack frenzy, They'd quack and quack and quack, getting louder and faster and then at the exact same moment both explode in this loud, squeeky honk and bow to each other. It was hilarious.

Cats aren't so much of an issue. He's a bantam but still bigger than most cats. Cats think he's too big to take on at least (all I always chase them away if I see them though). But if you get some I would recommend raising from ducklings as 1. they are adorable, and 2. they trust and like you more, and cats and ducklings do not mix :(

message 35: by Lisa (last edited Jun 11, 2013 06:15AM) (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments Thanks for the advice Rusalka. I would definitely get them as ducklings and raise them up. Ducklings are gorgeous! I love ducks in general, they are really cute and they always bring a smile to my face when they waddle around on land or quack to themselves or other ducks. I won't be getting any for a while because of my cats but I will get some one day, along with a menagerie of other animals no doubt! :)

message 36: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments Rusalka -yes, the lantern is much prettier. Madesco is very handsome, but I don't think my dogs would realize a duck is a pet, and not a toy :) I'm glad you realized you had a flowering plant!

message 37: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments Almeta - love your heart shaped leaf!

That's so interesting about the Daisy Air Rifle factory wall. It looks so strange to see it just standing there :)

message 38: by Almeta (last edited Jun 13, 2013 08:02AM) (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 9952 comments jaxnsmom wrote: "Almeta - love your heart shaped leaf!

That's so interesting about the Daisy Air Rifle factory wall. It looks so strange to see it just standing there :)"

Thanks, when I saw it, I could not believe it . I couldn't resist!

We have several pieces of unususal architecture in Plymouth, that I contemplated. Mostly really old homes with a history, but THE WALL won out!

message 39: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments Almeta, love the cats picture; awww, they are adorable!

Jaxnsmom, the flowers are gorgeous, I love the mountaineer statue and ooh la la love the underwear (yeah, right, wink**, they DO belong to your friend, wink**, lol)

message 40: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments Emily, I LOVE your library pic!

message 41: by Lisa (last edited Jun 13, 2013 11:55AM) (new)

Lisa (lisathebooklover) | 9244 comments I love your cats Almeta! The ginger and white one looks very similar to one of my cats (who goes by the name of Chilli). Your cat has a bit more white on him than Chilli does, especially on his face :)

message 42: by Marnie (new)

Marnie (marnie19) | 1983 comments JMom- so far your panties are the best- or should I say your "friend X's"- wink wink! :)

message 43: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (catitude) | 915 comments Jaxnsmom, love the photo of the bluejay! Great shot :-)

message 44: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2547 comments Marnie wrote: "JMom- so far your panties are the best- or should I say your "friend X's"- wink wink! :)"

::sniggers::

message 45: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 46204 comments Rusalka, is that World of Warcraft?

message 46: by jaxnsmom (new)

jaxnsmom | 8253 comments Marnie wrote: "JMom- so far your panties are the best- or should I say your "friend X's"- wink wink! :)"

I knew no one would believe they aren't mine, but I SWEAR they aren't. I don't think I'd becaught dead with them in my house :)

message 47: by Rusalka, Moderator (last edited Jun 13, 2013 08:10PM) (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 16478 comments >.>
<.<
Maybe...

Edit - Yes. Yes it is.

message 48: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 46204 comments Rusalka wrote: ">.>
<.<
Maybe...

Edit - Yes. Yes it is."

I play too! How else would I recognize it. Hehehehe!

message 49: by Rusalka, Moderator (new)

Rusalka (rusalkii) | 16478 comments Hehe. That's my little monk. The important question now needs to be asked. Ally or Horde?

message 50: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Jun 14, 2013 09:46PM) (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 46204 comments I have some Ally and some Horde. I'm on several realms too. What realm are you on?

Hmmm... it occurs to me that my other obsession is showing itself. I've only played about an hour this week though!

« previous 1