The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland, #1) The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making question

Catherynne M. Valente
Cori Cori Jun 07, 2013 06:54AM
I've heard a lot of good things about Catherynne M. Valente. Is there a book in her oeuvre that I should start with?

Xdyj (last edited Jun 08, 2013 10:58PM ) Jun 08, 2013 10:55PM   1 vote
I think most of her stuff are stand-alone without particular order, except for the Prester John books (which I haven't read yet so I don't know), the Fairyland books (among which I only read this one) & The Orphan's Tales (which is basically one big story in two volumes).

Thank you all for your input!

The Fairyland books are extremely good. I read all of the ones that are available(The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There, The Girl Who Ruled Fairyland-- For a Little While)and I plan to read any more of the upcoming books in the series(The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two)

Hope you get to read them~!

I've read a few titles. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland is fun light reading. Most of her other stuff can be quite thick and quite difficult, but I love it as well and recommend Yume No Hon and The Orphan's Tales to anyone loving folklore and mythology.

I haven't read any of the works.