Animal Academy discussion

School > Cafeteria

Comments Showing 1-50 of 83 (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Clare (new)

Clare  RXYLND (RXYLND)

message 2: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Blythe entered the lunchroom feeling a little nervous. What if he made fun of her for being awful at the violin? What if he hated her? What if? What if?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Fauchelevent walked in and spotted Blythe and walked up to her "hello ready to begin?" He said his violin underarm.

message 4: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Oh, um yeah." Blythe snapped out of her deep thought and smiled politely.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

"So where do you want to start?"

message 6: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "The beginning?" Blythe asked. She honestly knew nothing about the violin except how to hold it.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"I figure you know how to hold it so lets start on the strings."

message 8: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Okay." Blythe replied and glanced at the violin. There were only four strings so it couldn't be too hard, right?

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

The four strings are G, D, A and E." he said pointing to each one

message 10: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "So each one plays a different note right?"

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yes, now do you want to start at basic or just to the bow."

message 12: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Just to the bow, I think I can figure out the rest of the notes."

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"Okay well the bow is made from horse hair as the strings cat guts just putting that in there, now when you play different notes you always want to know the length of how long you hold it or short you strum." He played a very quick jig and a slow song. "You can see how vitally important it is." He said.

message 14: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Cat guts? Really?" Blythe felt a bit skeptical at this point.

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 12, 2013 08:25PM) (new)

"Yes it's true gut strings that's what there called."

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

((Hello))

message 17: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) ((Sorry, vacation is taking over my introvert life on the internet.))

"That's..." Blythe paused for several seconds, looking for the right word. "Odd?"

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well that produce the best sound."
((That's okay))

message 19: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Oh... Okay, what's next?" Blythe figured asking why these things were wouldn't change the fact that they were.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

"The extremely basic way of playing is something called plucking."

message 21: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "So like playing a guitar without a pick?"

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"In a way yes." He took the violen a using his fingers he started plucking chords.

message 23: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Okay, got it." Blythe replied.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

"Good now onto the notes." He said opening a book on violin notes.

message 25: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "How about we finish this some other time? We need to actually eat during lunch." Blythe grinned seeing how much effort he was putting in to teaching her, but she was hungry and she had to go back to class eventually.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

"Sorry it seems I had lost track of time." Fauchelevent said and grinned.

message 27: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Well time usually does move slowly when you're in school." Blythe replied sheepishly. "Ima go get myself a sandwhich or something, meet back here?"

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

He nodded.

message 29: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) Blythe jumped to her feet and bought her lunch before quickly returning to the table. "Miss me?" She asked Fauchelevent.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yes I did." He said in a distracted tone.

message 31: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Something wrong?" She asked, noticing that he seemed out of it.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

"Nothing, just nothing." He replied in a airy tone.

message 33: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Suit yourself." Blythe replied with a shrug. "But you do look like you're in dire need of a wake up call. Did you get enough sleep?"

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

"I have insomnia." He said in a tried voice.

message 35: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Really?" Blythe looked at him suspiciously. "I got it right on the first try? But I'm never right." Blythe's eyes brightened. "I'm right! I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right I'm right!!! Now London can go get eaten by cannibals or something!"

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

"What do you mean?" He asked.

message 37: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "My sister London is always telling my she'll get eat by cannibals or hit by a car before I'm smart enough to be correct in saying something." Blythe replied.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, you can now tell her you were right."

message 39: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "She's going to think I'm lying, unless there are cannibals following her around."

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Fauchelevent laughed "again sorry if I become sort of out of it I am also plagued with flashbacks and a recurring mental disease which causes me to not see faces and also I'm recovering from a side effect of said disease where the first layer of my skin can be pulled right off." He said pulling of the first layer of skin on his thumb as an example.

message 41: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Well that's... Odd?" Blythe wasn't sure how to respond other than she knew not to make it like a circus and throw Fauchelevent into the ring. She knew not to do something like that because that's what London would have done. And there was a reason London didn't have many friends.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

"Like now I can't see your face its a blur a smudge." Fauchelevent said looking at her.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

"What does you're face look like?" Fauchelevent asked curios.

message 44: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Well I guess my eyes are a bright sky blue. I have long eyelashes and I wear a lot of eye makeup like eyeliner. And I have a really pale face." Blythe replied after taking a minute to think about it. "Or at least that's what I'm told. I never really studied my face in the mirror before."

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

"You know it's a shame, I saw a face once just once but that was it." He sighed, "I'm sorry, to bore you with my problems that was selfish of me."

message 46: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "Everyone has problems. Besides, it's better than sitting in silence you know." Blythe replied and rested her chin in her hand.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

"That is true." Fauchelevent said and sighed "so this London who is she?"

message 48: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "My twin sister. We used to actually look like the same person apart from our eye colors until we both dyed our hair so it wasn't that hideous brown." Blythe replied. "She's really pretty and really awesome. But everyone tells me she's kind of a bitch."

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

"Why is that?" Fauchelevent asked.

message 50: by Wʀɛռ (new)

Wʀɛռ (Cactus_Wren) "I don't know. She just always seemed a bit rude to me, but not quite bitchy." Blythe shrugged. Her sister was definitely one of the many mysteries the world had to offer for her.

« previous 1