What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Middle aged romance starts with a middle aged woman finding a birth control pill in her teen aged daughter's room

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Eternaldisturbance | 1 comments I read this book in 2005 probably, it was one of the light paperbacks you buy on a train station but it turned out to be surprisingly good. The book starts with a middle aged woman finding a birth control pill in her teen aged daughter's room. And that same day or may be later she finds a scrap book in her younger daughter's room, which contains newspaper cuttings of a lot of distressing things, I don't remember what. The younger daughter is very sensitive and she joins a n environment group. The woman joins too to support her daughter and finds herself drawn towards the co-ordinator of the group. A complication is that the teen aged daughter is also drawn towards this man. Anyway the man is attracted to the mother and co-incidentally they (man and woman) get to take a trip together. Daughter misunderstands mother and calls her a "slut" or a "whore". Anyway things resolve themselves, the man leaves town and the book ends with the mother getting a postcard from the man with a few lines.
I would love to read more of this author, if only I could remember what the name of the book was!

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) Oh I want to read it too - I hope someone recognizes it!

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36945 comments Mod
Eternaldisturbance, are you still looking for this?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36945 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Eternaldisturbance, are you still looking for this?"

No response; moved to Abandoned.