Insurgent (Divergent, #2) Insurgent discussion

About what Erudite, Well Jeanine, Did (Also, Spoiler Alert)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melina SO... I just finished reading the book after the course of four days. And I just realized something pretty obvious.

The system was created out of some percentage of normal people who, according to the simulation, get to pick one thing. And then the Divergent pop up; they can choose whatever.

I know I'm stating the obvious here, but... then Jeanine wanted to get rid of all of them. Of course, that was information provided in Divergent, one of the reasons why Tris' divergence is kept secret. And we learn in Insurgent that she killed them in order to learn how to control them (sort of like how the Nazi scientists experimented on twins and... stuff). For knowledge.

And then it turns out that the Divergent were the cure.

Da fuq, Jeanine?

notyourfriend She probably didnt want people to know about the outside world and so she stopped at nothing to stop it from happening...

Brittney I personally think she was trying to prevent them from ever reentering society, which is why she tried so hard to kill all the divergents.

message 4: by Sophie (last edited Jun 07, 2013 12:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophie Brittney wrote: "I personally think she was trying to prevent them from ever reentering society, which is why she tried so hard to kill all the divergents."

I agree. In the city, she was in charge. To her, they were not part of some greater cause- they were people she controlled. And she wanted to keep it that way.

Brittney Sophie wrote: "Brittney wrote: "I personally think she was trying to prevent them from ever reentering society, which is why she tried so hard to kill all the divergents."

I agree. In the city, she was in charge..."

Exactly. Thank you for wording that better, lol.

Sophie Brittney wrote: "Sophie wrote: "Brittney wrote: "I personally think she was trying to prevent them from ever reentering society, which is why she tried so hard to kill all the divergents."

I agree. In the city, sh..."

Your wording was fine! I was just expanding ;)

Melina Word up. :L
(Thanks for reiterating, you guys :DD)