Hydra Publications discussion

18 views
Fans of Hydra

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (dlgardner) | 40 comments Mod
Let us know who you are and what you like about Hydra Publications. Do you have a favorite author? A genre you like? Something you'd like to see? Questions?


message 2: by Tony (new)

Tony Acree (tonyacree) | 10 comments Hi. My name is Tony. I LOVE the fact they published my book. Favorite author? Tough to choose. There are so many. Thrillers. Love thrillers. Something I'd like to see? The Hydra Authors Swimsuit Calendar.


message 3: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (dlgardner) | 40 comments Mod
Lol, good luck on that one, Tony! (the calendar!)


message 4: by Brick (new)

Brick Marlin | 10 comments Tony wrote: "Hi. My name is Tony. I LOVE the fact they published my book. Favorite author? Tough to choose. There are so many. Thrillers. Love thrillers. Something I'd like to see? The Hydra Authors Swimsuit Ca..."

Lol...wow!


message 5: by Tasha (new)

Tasha Turner (tashaturner) | 30 comments I hope the calendar would be book covers. LOL I read just about any kind of fiction. I prefer no rape, little to no graphic sex/violence/language. However, given I'm reading a lot of PNR/UF lately and for years read espionage/spy thrillers, and throw in some horror/psychological thrillers as well as romance for variety and... In some ways my tolerance is going up. In other ways it is going down. I tend to be an eclectic reader and am more likely to like lesser known writers rather than the best-sellers with a few exceptions.

I'm new to reading books by Hydra so don't have any favorites yet. I believe I have a book or two of Diane's and I've added Tony's to my TBR.

Favorite non-hydra authors Georgette Heyer for romance. Scott Nicholson for horror/psychological thrillers. Russell Blake for spy thrillers. Ilona Andrews and Patricia Briggs for urban fantasy. David Weber for science fiction. Robert Jordan, Mercedes Lackey, Tamora Pierce, J.R.R. Tolkien for fantasy. I also love Jane Austen and Louisa May Alcott.


message 6: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (dlgardner) | 40 comments Mod
Tasha wrote: "I hope the calendar would be book covers. LOL I read just about any kind of fiction. I prefer no rape, little to no graphic sex/violence/language. However, given I'm reading a lot of PNR/UF lately ..."

I could see a calendar of book covers. Tony had me worried because my Master Gardener group did a calendar one time and it was...well let's put it this way, I wasn't on it! *laughs.

You are a prolific reader Tasha. I can't wait to see your book!


message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin Danzer | 3 comments Oh, Tony, you had me worried a bit there with the idea of a Hydra calendar. LOL I do love the idea of a calendar of book covers though. I think it would sell!
I also love that Hydra published my book. :) As for a favorite Hydra author, I really can't say I have one. I haven't read a lot of Hydra books, but I've loved everyone I have read. And I love all the Hydra authors I've "met". We truly are like one big family! My favorite genre is YA romance (whether it's paranormal, urban fanttasy, sci-fi, etc. I love it if it has romance in it). As for something I would like to see... I'm still stuck on the calendar idea. LOL


message 8: by Sheila (new)

Sheila | 1 comments Dianne wrote: "Let us know who you are and what you like about Hydra Publications. Do you have a favorite author? A genre you like? Something you'd like to see? Questions?"
You're my favorite Hydra author Dianne. Thank you for inviting me, and sorry to be so late joining in.


message 9: by Dianne (new)

Dianne (dlgardner) | 40 comments Mod
Sheila wrote: "Dianne wrote: "Let us know who you are and what you like about Hydra Publications. Do you have a favorite author? A genre you like? Something you'd like to see? Questions?"
You're my favorite Hydra..."


Wow, thank you Sheila!


back to top