Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Recommendations > Great Romance Lesser known

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

namericanwordcat | 242 comments I am looking for great romance novels that are lesser known

Romance novels that are 5 star but may be less know than Outlander, the Immortals After Dark Series, or The Devil in Winter

or books without a ton of recent hype like Tangled, Wallbanger, Reaper's Property and so on.

Your hidden gems, please!

Add you books the list and talk about why you love them!

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/12...

Here are two of mine The Rake by Mary Jo Putney . This is a classic but lesser known to newer romance readers. The hero is an alcoholic and his journey to sobriety and love is one for the ages.

Mine to Take (Matrix of Destiny, #3) by Dara Joy The worldbuilding in this is great. The hero so smoking hot he is a king of shifters! The love scenes are unforgettable and it is very funny.

Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac, | 288 comments Lol That "Mine To Take" BLISTERED my insides, shocked my world and tilted me onto the more erotic romance train. It was a whopper. I was a young simple-minded reader and it was one of the very first romance books I read, courtesy of my older siblings who didn't know I sneaked it for a read. I recall extremely clearly how he just shoved her against the wall and .. you get the picture.

I think this is a great thread, I haven't thought of this book in quite awhile. It was a 5-stars rating for me too.

message 3: by Jill (new)

Jill | 294 comments I'm doing this on my phone so don't know how to add the link but Sara donati's into the wilderness series is absolutely amazing and I feels good as the outlander series. It isn't well known, but everyone I have recommended it to, has absolutely loved it.

message 4: by Paganalexandria (last edited Jun 07, 2013 12:34AM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 354 comments I always have to bring up Beth Kery's Wicked Burn by Beth Kery . It's her best work but no one talks about it but me. I also loved Anya Bast's Elemental Witch series. Witch Blood (Elemental Witches, #2) by Anya Bast

message 5: by Cecilie (new)

Cecilie (CecilieRH) | 4 comments I loved;
Beyond Shame Beyond Control
Can`t wait for number 3. The men are Alpha delux with a strange twist..
It reminds me of Hungergames...Only for adults (A lot of sex in these books)

namericanwordcat | 242 comments I am glad some one else loves Mine to Take! I still think it holds up. Iol

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie (jessesgurl) | 27 comments I really wish I could go back and read Firelight (Darkest London, #1) by Kristen Callihan for the first time again. It might be a little too big named now but I feel like it is still a fledgeling series.

This is a wonderful thread! I am moving past the big names and looking for GREAT new reads..not good ones..GREAT ones!

message 8: by namericanwordcat (last edited Jun 07, 2013 12:10PM) (new)

namericanwordcat | 242 comments My favorite two lesser known PNR series are Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1) by C.T. Adams and Heart Mate (Celta's Heartmates, #1) by Robin D. Owens I love them both.

The Sazi series has a gritty urban fantasy feel but delivers on the romance. It has unusual shifters and depth in the characters/.

Heart mate has a wonderful magic system. It has talking familiars who are so funny. The characters all have internal struggles which are very real and powerful. Love this one.

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) Mine are:

Red Fire (Gods of Midnight, #1) by Deidre Knight
Call of the Highland Moon (The MacInnes Werewolves Trilogy, #1) by Kendra Leigh Castle
Dark Awakening (Dark Dynasties #1) by Kendra Leigh Castle

message 10: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 242 comments I like Dark Awakening as well!

message 11: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 181 comments I'm also a big fan of the Heart series by Robin D. Owens. I think there are around 12 by now aren't there? Heart Mate (Celta's Heartmates, #1) by Robin D. Owens was the first.

message 12: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) Katie wrote: "I really wish I could go back and read Firelight (Darkest London, #1) by Kristen Callihanfor the first time again. It might be a little too big named now but I feel like it is still a fledgeling series.

This is a ..."

I love this series too. Really good and beautifully written. Can't wait for book 4!

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Jun 12, 2013 12:20PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9691 comments Mod
Oh I have a list of these, a lot of them in historical romance. Authors folks never talk about!

Suzanne Robinson has a lot of good books that don't get much buzz. One of my favorites is Lady Gallant (European Renaissance Duo, #1).

Laura Renken, who writes as Melody Thomas. She had a fantastic pirate series:
My Lord Pirate
Night Shadow
Heart of the Condor and Wicked Lies.

Her Donally series as Melody Thomas is very good also. In My Heart
Angel In My Bed
A Match Made in Scandal
Must Have Been the Moonlight

Bonnie Vanak writes HR and PNR. Her Egyptian series is fab.
The Panther & the Pyramid
The Cobra & The Concubine
The Falcon & the Dove
The Tiger & the Tomb
The Sword & the Sheath
The Scorpion & The Seducer
The Lady & the Libertine

Patricia Grasso is also very good. She has a very long, interrelated series about Russian princes. Part of my Russian fixation!

To Love a Princess
Tempting the Prince (Flambeau Sisters, #2)
Pleasuring the Prince (Flambeau Sisters, #1)
Seducing the Prince
To Charm a Prince (Douglas Trilogy, #2)
Marrying the Marquis (Flambeau Sisters, #3)
Enticing the Prince
To Catch A Countess

Adele Ashworth. My Darling Caroline and Winter Garden are forever keepers of mine.

Celeste Bradley writes lovely historical romance. Her Liar's Club series is excellent.
The Pretender
The Impostor
The Spy
The Rogue
The Charmer and I will always love Fallen!

I could mention more...

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 9691 comments Mod
Don't Forget we have the Project Underrated Program. If you write a review for an underreviewed author or book, you can post a link in this thread to get some buzz for it.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 15: by Pamela(AllHoney), Danger Zone (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 1706 comments Mod
Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Don't Forget we have the Project Underrated Program. If you write a review for an underreviewed author or book, you can post a link in this thread to get some buzz for it.

http://www.goodreads.com..."

Oh cool!

message 16: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 242 comments Very cool!

message 17: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 27 comments I would add:
Opera Macabre by Michelle Rodrieguez. It is a historical paranormal vampire Book. So, much angst in it.

Nicole

message 18: by Neeta (last edited Jul 24, 2013 03:58AM) (new)

Neeta | 37 comments Hey Lady Danielle, I love the Bonnie Vanak Egyptian series too!! I got my sister hooked on them - and she doesn't care for historicals with the exception of Monica McCarty, Hannah Howell and Karen Marie Moning (though they're more paranormal rather than historical). I also really liked the Celeste Bradley Liar's Club.

I've found Jaden Sinclair has a bunch of "hidden gem" type sci-fi and futuristic/alien books. In style, she's a bit like Evangeline Anderson but without the kinkier bdsm/menage/backdoor type sex. I don't care for all her books, but these ones I really rather like and I've read them all more than once... and I'm not usually a fan of sci-fi type romance (but with these, I just love the heroes - obsessive, jealous, possessive etc but not disrespectful to the heroines and not OTT arrogant or asswipe jerks).
Seth by Jaden Sinclair Shilo by Jaden Sinclair Interplanetary Passion by Jaden Sinclair Outerplanetary Sensations by Jaden Sinclair 24 Days by Jaden Sinclair

message 19: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 242 comments yea! These look great!

message 20: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 242 comments Hmm. Where can I get some of these? They don't seem to be on Kindle.

message 21: by Neeta (last edited Jul 24, 2013 11:02AM) (new)

Neeta | 37 comments If I remember correctly there are links and information for where to buy each of her books on her website.
Yep, I just checked - she sells through Melange books.

Just type in her name in the search field and it lists all her books, and each book has a summary and an excerpt. You can choose to buy pdf, html, Kindle (if it's available) or paperback.

message 22: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 242 comments So, lazy lol hate emailing to a pdf to my kindle or hooking up my IPAD to my computer and transferring. First world whining.

message 23: by Oleander (new)

Oleander | 52 comments I agree that Dara Joy is off the hook. One of my favorite authors.
I'm very interested in reading that Bonnie Vanak Egyptian series. I have a couple of them but still need to find book 1.

Neeta wrote: "Hey Lady Danielle, I love the Bonnie Vanak Egyptian series too!! I got my sister hooked on them - and she doesn't care for historicals with the exception of Monica McCarty, Hannah Howell and Karen..."

Thanks for the Jaden Sinclair recommendation!