Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) Cinder question

Plot holes? **spoilers**
Randi Randi Jun 06, 2013 04:28PM
I am really confused about a lot of holes in this book, but the one I wanted to bring up firstly is that Cinder is obviously Lunar and all the Lunar people are described as white/European, yeah? So why was that not a big tip-off if Cinder (who is apparently fair skinned with light eyes and hair, possibly) was living in New Beijing amongst people who look more like the Asian culture? Like when the Lunar Queen visited New Beijing from the Moon...she kept thinking something was suspicious..um..idk...maybe like that random white cyborg in the midst of a sea of Chinese people?? Help!

She was adopted from Europe so her being in Asia wouldn't really be much a tip off. Besides it also explained that there weren't many Lunars on earth. Just because there's one European in Asia doesn't mean they should suspect her of being a Lunar.

It's been awhile since I read the book but if I remember correctly was Cinder adopted in Europe which would explain why nobody was suspicious considering her looks. I would've liked if the book got more into detail about the history of New Beijing. Maybe there is a lot of diversity, which would be another reason for Cinder being not suspicious?