Anything Goes discussion

The Moon Coin (Moon Realm, #1)
This topic is about The Moon Coin
Author Promotions > Tales, unlike stories, never lie. You see, a tale is an account of things in their due order, often divulged secretly, or as gossip. Would you like to hear one? --Lord Autumn

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (new) - added it

Richard Due (richarddue) | 13 comments "For a feel of the beginning of The Moon Coin, picture what might come into being if you took C.S. Lewis and Dr. Seuss and locked them in a room until they wrote a book together. Got that? And then Dr. Seuss gets kicked out and the whole thing takes a rather J.R.R. Tolkien turn."--V.K. Finnish, author of The Society’s Traitor, The Discoveries of Arthur Grey

http://themoonrealm.com/2013/06/06/gg...

message 2: by Chris (last edited Jun 09, 2013 09:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 922 comments For anyone who hasn't read The Moon Coin or The Dragondain, they are children's classics in the making, beautifully written, fabulous imagery with a breakneck plot and intrigue. This series is a favourite in our house and we cannot wait for the next instalment

Apologies for the gushing, but they're that good!

message 3: by Richard (new) - added it

Richard Due (richarddue) | 13 comments Chris wrote: "For anyone who hasn't read The Moon Coin or Dragondain; They are children's classic in the making, beautifully written, fabulous imagery with a breakneck plot and intrigue. This series is a favouri..."

Thank you, Chris. Thinking of your family is one of the things that keeps me writing in the early morning, before work, or late into the evening, after the children are in bed.

Would you mind terribly if I scattered this around a bit. I was thinking maybe as a long strip behind an aeroplane, or maybe draped down the length of the Washington Monument. Possibly projected onto the moon (ours), in big black letters (the trick there is to use a new moon on a clear night). Oh, hey, you're from the UK—do you think spray paint would stick to the side of the TARDIS?

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 922 comments That is so funny, you'd better check my grammar first!! Now I have a picture of you (or perhaps it's Uncle Ebb) scribbling away in dark of night in your splendid coat of pockets.
Hmm spray paint on the TARDIS, I'm sure that would work with the help of a sonic screwdriver!

message 5: by Richard (new) - added it

Richard Due (richarddue) | 13 comments Thanks! I'll run it past my editor for a polish. :) (Uncle Ebb and I definitely share some commonalities.)