Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

DUPLICATE/ABANDONED BUDDY READS > The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1) by Michelle Hodkin → Start Date: June 24, 2013

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Hey guys! Does anyone want to join me in reading the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer on June 24th? I hope that gives you enough time to go out and buy it if you don't already have it! :)

message 2: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I bought my copy yesterday. I can't wait to read it :)

message 3: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Yay! :D

message 4: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 138 comments I'm in!! (:

message 5: by Eveline (new)

Eveline I'm definitely in! I've been wanting to read this book for a very long time:)

message 6: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 138 comments Yeah, me too! I just LOVE the cover, the synopsis and the reviews. I'm sure it'll be great (:

message 7: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Thank you for joining! :D

message 8: by Ally (new)

Ally (arhart) | 443 comments If you guys decide to read the sequel together as well, let me know what date you set? I'd love to join!

But enjoy this book! It's great.

message 9: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) I'll let you know! :)

message 10: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 162 comments Have fun reading this one! It's awesome :)

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 207 comments I might have to read this with you guys...

message 12: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Beatrice wrote: "I bought my copy yesterday. I can't wait to read it :)"

Eveline wrote: "I'm definitely in! I've been wanting to read this book for a very long time:)"

Sapir wrote: "Yeah, me too! I just LOVE the cover, the synopsis and the reviews. I'm sure it'll be great (:"

Lisa wrote: "I might have to read this with you guys..."

Are you guys ready to start tomorrow? :D

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 207 comments I will try to keep up, but I don't know if I can get started until the weekend. I might just try to read a little at a time.

message 14: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) It's okay! Take your time and go at your own pace. Buddy reads are supposed to be fun! :-)

message 15: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 138 comments Ok, today I'm going to catch up with this book.
And I moved us to the currently-reading folder.

message 16: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 138 comments Oh wait I can't find the edit button.

message 17: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) I hope you guys are enjoying the book! :-)

message 18: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 138 comments Have you noticed that this thread is still in the to-read folder?

message 19: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Oh yeah, it must be. I can move it since I'm on my phone, but I'll just ask Jacqueline to do it :-)

message 20: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) can't*

message 21: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 138 comments Ok, that's good. Well, I'm finishing two math questions, and then 5 more chapters of the book and I'll be right back :)

message 22: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Oh okay :-) I'm going to go to sleep since it's 4:00 am lol. Byee

message 23: by Sapir (new)

Sapir | 138 comments Here it's 11 am. I'm just starting my day :)
Good night!! ^^

message 24: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Hey Trinity, I saw your question to Jacqueline. You can do all the moving yourself sweetie, since you made the thread. Just click the "edit" link next to the title of the thread! Then you can change the folder you want your thread to be in!

Happy Reading! :-)

message 25: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) I know I can, but I'm on my phone and don't have access to a computer right now, so I need her to do it.

message 26: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Thanks though :)

message 27: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trinity wrote: "Thanks though :)"

Oh Duh, Sorry! LOL. I wish we could do all the stuff from our phones!

message 28: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Lol! I agree!

message 29: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 207 comments Ok I am so having a love/hate relationship with Mara and Noah...mostly with Noah

I really don't how I feel about him

message 30: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Lisa wrote: "Ok I am so having a love/hate relationship with Mara and Noah...mostly with Noah

I really don't how I feel about him"

Me 2! He didn't seem trustworthy at the time.

message 31: by Lisa (last edited Jun 26, 2013 07:32PM) (new)

Lisa | 207 comments Trinity wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Ok I am so having a love/hate relationship with Mara and Noah...mostly with Noah

Me 2! He didn't seem trustworthy at the time."

Its not even that, he just reminds me of a stuck up rich kid, like the kind I went with in high school, then I kinda felt sorry for him (view spoiler)

message 32: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) Lisa wrote: "Trinity wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Ok I am so having a love/hate relationship with Mara and Noah...mostly with Noah

Me 2! He didn't seem trustworthy at the time."

..."

Exactly! and even though he said that (view spoiler)

message 33: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 207 comments Ok so that was a weird ending...I checked out the second book in this series, it seems to have gotten better reviews then the first