Vampire Lovers discussion

Questions To My Members > Southern Vampire Mysteries faves?

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Who are your favorite Sookie Stackhouse charecters? I like Vampires: Bill Compton, Eric Northman and Pam his child. Weres: Alcade Shifters: Quinn the Tiger of course Daemons: Mr Cataliades, Witches: Amelia & Tom,Faries: Niall There is a wealth of supernatural characters in this series. Common with it ya'll!

message 2: by Cary (last edited Apr 26, 2009 12:28PM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Also what is your favorite Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire mysteries books? I like Dead Until Dark of course and Definitly Dead.

message 3: by Cary (last edited Jun 09, 2009 07:24AM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Man with only one Sookie Story left Dead and Gone. She is not going to have time to get to know her great, great gandfather the fairy, Nial very well. Joy if your out there I dont wana know what happens in Dead and Gone. Its gottah be really crazy. I have thouroughly enjoyed reading the series and think it is A # 1 the best.

message 4: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Nelson Ellis aka Lafayette freaking rocks the house.

message 5: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Hey what time does TrueBlood normaly show on HBO. What night of the week, at what time? Joy and ideas for me. I will get to see the premiere tomorrow night. Who hoo! Man I wish they would show season one on another night.

message 6: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Moonlight is on the Scifi channel Fridays at 8:00pm. I just love Joseph oldest vampire in L.A. He is a good partner for Mick. Beth of course is just a freaking bombshell. It is my favorite vampire TV series after TrueBlood.

message 7: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments I am just about through with book 8, Dead and Gone. All the Fairy Fae stuff is a bit much. I think Charlaine Harris is running out of ideas. Dead and Gone is probably the least interesting of the series but still fun. Hopefully book 9 will redem Charlaine Harris a bit. I think she is pretty busy producing TrueBlood right now it has become so sucessful and well liked. Hopefully her next book will have some real Were, Vamp action. Deamons from other dimensions raising hell in this plane. I just cant get enough Sookie Stackhouse. I love the wicked witch. It looks like at the end of edpisode three Sam met up with the Mynad or a victim of the mynad. Cant figure out yet. In the book he hangs out with the mynad. I wonder if the other dog was the mynad and the girl who came up to swim with him was attacked by her. I guess I will find out next week.

message 8: by Rissa (new)

Rissa (rissa_rocks) my fave book in the series is dead to the world. i love how she sookie finally gets together with eric. i haven't read dead and gone. hoping to soon though!

message 9: by Cary (last edited Jul 11, 2009 06:58AM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Rissa this is how I get popular books fast from the library. I go to the online catalogue for my city. Then I scan all branch libraries as well as the central library till I find a book not checked out,or soon to be checked in. Then I check it out online,and have it sent to the branch nearset me for pickup. Dead to the World is one of the very best. It has the Witch War and Alcades accention as packmaster. I really like Lonsome Vampire Bill. If you continue to read those books you will see that Sookie becomes pretty tired of Erics bullshit, and tricks. You will also find out that Eric started his vampire life as a gay vamp, LOL. Also that Bill still loves Sookie and she has thoughts all the time about hooking back up with her former boyfriends. Which after Eric include Quin the weretiger as well as Bill who was her very first B.F.evah! If you think Sookie is going to stay with Eric. You got another thing comin. In book 9 Eric tricks Sookie into a vampire marriage which really ticks her off because she does not want to marry Eric. So the playing field is wide open. Personlly I think she should marry Bubba, LOL

message 10: by Cary (last edited Jul 11, 2009 07:15AM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments I like Dead Until Dark, Living Dead in Dallas, Club Dead, and Dead to the world the best. I could narrow that down to Dead Until Dark and Dead to the World. In series books its so hard to keep those ideas fresh after the first four or five books.

Jessica  `~Blahyze~` I love eric..i mean how could you not, it's ERIC! Book 8 and 9 are my favourites... i think... it is too hard to choose. I also like Alcide..., I liked Quinn as well, until we found out how much of a momma's boy he is.

message 12: by Cary (last edited Jul 16, 2009 07:50AM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments I like all the characters in TrueBlood. Lafayette is an especial fave. But this is specifically about the Books. So I would say Sookie, Bill, Eric, Pam. I could stand anyone else getting killed of but those four. Claudine would have been on that list making five favorites. That is why I am really don't care for book 9 all that much. I dug Tray allot to. The fairy war which ended so many lives and caused so much danger to everyone was fought to no purpose. I think Nial is an idiot for shutting of Fairy from the human world. Crystal and her baby, and Claudine and her baby are killed to no purpose. Book 9 pissed lots of people off. It is my least favorite. Allthough I enjoyed reading it as I do all Sookie Stachouse books. It is far from my favorite.

Jessica  `~Blahyze~` I mainly liked book 9, for the Sookie-eric intereaction, I was glad the finally got their act together.
I agree about the shutting of the fairy world from the human world, it was kind of pointless, the threat was distroyed.

message 14: by Cary (last edited Jul 16, 2009 06:15PM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Well we all have our favorites. I learned allot about the series lately chatting. I am a Bill fan, and in this book Bill comes through Dead and Gone,with shinning colors. I found out Bill was Investigator for Area 5. Something I did not know. I just thought he was an agent of the old Queen SophieAnne and had no special title really. Bill is a clever businessman. He owns his own strip mall and has invented a computer program that has proven very valuable to the vampire world. So Bill is a smart tough business man, and a good fighter. Eric I can see his attraction. He runs a night club. Is real good looking and has a high rank in the vampire world. I wish they had Buba in true blood. Some girl said it would make it to campy to have Elvis in it. Well he's in the books and hes great. Also in true blood they could have made him less mentally defective. The whole reasoning behind trueblood and how Bubba came to be mentally defective just doesnt make sense. When a person dies and becomes a vampire every brain cell is dead. So if Bubba had a flicker of life left in him. He would have regenerated with his wits and drug free. I think the reason Bubba is not on TrueBlood is that to many people would be pissed at them depicting a metally retarded Elvis,LOL. As far as TrueBlood goes I am a Lafayette fan.

Jessica  `~Blahyze~` Yes, I woud have liked the Bubba character to have been included as well.
I like lafayette for his humor in True Blood, the whole AIDS burger incident was FANTASTIC.
but Eric is my overall favourite True Blood, I cannot turn down his mischievious charm.

message 16: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments I like all the characters for the most part. Someone said they thought having Bubba would make the show campy. As if it isn't already campy? The Sarah Newling dance scene to Louisiana Hot Sause is straight of MTV. The real truth is the Presly estate Pricilla and Lisa Marie would not dig seeing Elvis portrayed as a vampire and especially a brain dead one,LOL. I like Eric but I like Bill allot too. People are picking sides, and its like if you like Bill then you cant like Eric. I totally dig Eric. He reminds me of a Pimp/Gangstah with sophistication. I really dig that type personality. For some reason people think because I like Bill. Then I would do not like Eric. I like both of them. Being a man I am really more interested in Sarah Newlin or Jessica than Bill or Eric.

message 17: by Leannear24 (new)

Leannear24 show? i thought it were a book

message 18: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Mysteries are the books. The writter Charlaine Harris sold the books rights to HBO who produce a TV interpretation of the books calledTrueBlood.

message 19: by Leannear24 (new)

Leannear24 ooooh
well i got the books n they r quite good
:D

message 20: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Yeah they are lots of fun and thats for sure. TrueBlood the TV version on HBO at 8:00 and 10:30 Sunday is excellent. Different from the books but in a good way.

message 21: by Leannear24 (new)

Leannear24 they r always different from the books
n i dont get HBO

message 22: by Cary (last edited Jul 22, 2009 07:29AM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Yeah I am hip to that. I did not get HBO for a long time. The I went to TrueBlood internet fansite. They have trailers, and synopsis and character lists and pics. Now days with HDTV you have to have cable or satellite. Satellite is the best. If you are watching cable TV add on HBO for $14 its worth it. In some ways TrueBlood is cooler than the books. I other ways the books are better. There is a TrueBlood/SookieStackhous club. Where they are always compairing the books and the TV series.

message 23: by Leannear24 (new)

Leannear24 cool
n i think that i know why i dont get HBO
its because i live in the UK n u dont

message 24: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments OMG your in the UK cool! Where. I have friends in Southport by Liverpool. Anyway the TrueBlood TV series is outta site. This is the Vampire Lovers club. Check out the Sookie Stackhouse Book/Show group. To bad you are in the UK. Go to the TrueBlood fan site and watch the trialers of seasons 1 and 2. There are only 4 episodes in season two. Some of the best stuff comes from the first season. In TrueBlood Lafayette is a drag queen but he did not die. He is just fantastic. On Youtube.com type in TrueBlood Aids-Burger. You will laugh yourself to death. I am so excited Leanne this is gonnah blow your mind. You can order season one on DVD online for $50. As far as season 2 you will have to watch the fansite trailers for season 2 ans synopsis which are very good. Go ahead and check out TrueBlood you will dig it. Then tell me what you think,K.

message 25: by Leannear24 (new)

Leannear24 cool i will do that
thanks
:D
oh n i live in nottinghamshire

message 26: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments My freind Stweart an 18 year old guitar player and student has told me about Nottinghamshire. What a cool name that is. Sounds right out of Robin Hood, LOL. I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma Indian Territory U.S.

message 27: by Leannear24 (new)

Leannear24 cool
i went on holiday with a friend to disney world n people asked me where i was from n i said nottinghamshire they looked at me with a blank face but when i said robin hood area they go 'oh yhea how is he?'
i got quite annoyed with it

message 28: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Leanne you are really sweet and welcome to the group. You have to stick to the topic being discussed at the top of the page. Which is who are your Sookie Stackhouse book favorites. If you just talk about any old thing people will get uspset. So write down your favorite or favorites since you have read all the books. Everyone Leanne is from Notinghamshire England where they do not have TrueBlood. Please be nice to her. If you would like to just talk Leanne email me at caryboyd@sbcglobal.net I was real confused when I joined this group and it made so people upset.

message 29: by Leannear24 (new)

Leannear24 thanks

yhea sticking to topic would be a good idea :D

sooooo i have only read the first one not the whole series
but true blood the show has only just started coming out here

message 30: by Cary (last edited Jul 24, 2009 04:34PM) (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Well just keep reading the posts Leanne. Make a list of the books in order with a space underneath each book to write in notes. Try to read Living Dead In Dallas next. You can piece together allot from reading the topics and discussions on this site. When you find posts that pertain to book three Club Dead or Dead to the World. Then write down some notes under those books. In that way you can figure out what is going on from start to finish real fast.

message 31: by Leannear24 (new)

Leannear24 okay
thanks

message 32: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Actually if you have read Dead Until Dark, just check out Living Dead In Dallas from your library, and read the posts here. Then read the next book in the series and you'll be up to speed soon enough. Take notes what was I thinking, LOL.