Children's Books discussion

Books for Specific Age-Groups > Books for Seven-Year-Old Son

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Naveen (new)

Naveen | 8 comments My son who is turning Seven would love to read funny books. He has finished reading most of the Fly guy books.

Are there any suggestions?

Thanks

message 2: by Naveen (new)

Naveen | 8 comments Thank you!

message 3: by Eastofoz (last edited Jun 06, 2013 07:11PM) (new)

Eastofoz I second Bad Kitty and Captain Underpants. My son who's 7 also likes:

The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung-Fu Cavemen from the Future

The Adventures of Super Diaper Baby

The Big Fat Cow That Goes Kapow

Standard boy humor IMO :)

message 4: by Naveen (new)

Naveen | 8 comments Thanks. :) I'll certainly try these.

message 5: by Fjóla (new)

Fjóla (fjolarun) | 260 comments My son's a bit younger although reading on his own, but he really loved Fly Guy and I was looking for something similar when we discovered Max Spaniel Max Spaniel Dinosaur Hunt by David Catrow (there are three books in the series so far). They're really funny and David Catrow's illustrations are fantastic. Other funny books we've come upon recently include Chester (Chester) by Mélanie Watt , A Is for Musk Ox by Erin Cabatingan and Stuck by Oliver Jeffers , and Amy Krouse Rosenthal's books are usually both clever and funny, for instance Spoon by Amy Krouse Rosenthal . But my kid is also very fond of some of the classics, such as Wacky Wednesday by Dr. Seuss or The Bike Lesson by Stan Berenstain and then he's started gravitating towards comic books, but there's a whole new series of early readers in comic book format being published by Toon Books (f.ex. Otto's Orange Day by Frank Cammuso ), also Detective Blue by Steve Metzger . I think I'll actually steer him into Tintin soon (humor and action).

message 6: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 1214 comments Hot Dog! nephew tells me they had this book in his school in first grade
The Bad Guys: Episode 1 nephew says they had this book in his school in second grade.

He loves
Dogman 4 Book set: Dog man (

all these are read aloud or independent reader.