Bookworm Buddies discussion

Buddy Reads > Me Before You

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments On June 19th, Rachel and I will be reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes . Would anyone like to join us?

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel looking forward to it Tee :D

message 3: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Me too, Rachel :-)!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Ditto.

message 5: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (crk815) | 283 comments I'll try!

message 6: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments That'll be great, everyone!

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel :D

message 8: by Dana (new)

Dana ****Reads Alot**** This book was wonderful. Can't wait for the discussions.

message 9: by GeneralTHC (new)

GeneralTHC I'm ready for this one now. :)

message 10: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Dana wrote: "This book was wonderful. Can't wait for the discussions."

Looking forward to your input, Dana :-)!

message 11: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Chuck wrote: "I'm ready for this one now. :)"

Me too, Chuck. I can't wait!

message 12: by Janie, Group Owner & Book Addict (new)

Janie Johnson | 13984 comments Mod
Enjoy guys! :)

message 13: by Rachel (new)

Rachel started reading this one and really like it so far- really like the main character lou- looking forward to seeing how lou & will's relationship evolves

can lou's boyfriend be any more self centered :O

message 14: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Rachel wrote: "started reading this one and really like it so far- really like the main character lou- looking forward to seeing how lou & will's relationship evolves

can lou's boyfriend be any more self centere..."

I'll be starting tonight. I've been so busy this week! I'm glad it's going well, though.

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel looking forward to discussing it with you Tee :D

message 16: by GeneralTHC (new)

GeneralTHC How far are you guys into this? I was wanting to read it but I done got involved in some other stuff. If yáll are going to be into it a few more days I may still read it.

message 17: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Tee is just starting it and i'm a slow reader- so feel free to join in if you'd like :)

message 18: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Rachel wrote: "looking forward to discussing it with you Tee :D"

Hey, Rachel. I've read up to chapter 4, and all I can say is, "Wow, what a slap to the face!"

message 19: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Rachel wrote: "started reading this one and really like it so far- really like the main character lou- looking forward to seeing how lou & will's relationship evolves

can lou's boyfriend be any more self centere..."

Yeah, now that you mention it, I can see how egotistical he is. He wouldn't even (view spoiler)

message 20: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Chuck wrote: "How far are you guys into this? I was wanting to read it but I done got involved in some other stuff. If yáll are going to be into it a few more days I may still read it."

Yep, feel free...!I've been extremely busy myself and have only been able to squeeze in a few pages to catch up. ( I didn't want to be too far behind).

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel hey Tee- what do you think of the book so far?

message 22: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Hey, Rachel. I think it's pretty interesting, so far. I really like Lou's family, especially (view spoiler)

message 23: by Dana (new)

Dana ****Reads Alot**** I thought it was sad how her family kind of took her for granted.

message 24: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I agree Tee- I didn't like the dad at first either- but as the story progressed I felt they were a close knit and loving family. What page are you on?

message 25: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Dana wrote: "I thought it was sad how her family kind of took her for granted."

(view spoiler)

message 26: by Tee27 (last edited Jul 01, 2013 03:59PM) (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Rachel wrote: "I agree Tee- I didn't like the dad at first either- but as the story progressed I felt they were a close knit and loving family. What page are you on?"

Hey, Rachel :-). I should be done with the book by tonight, tomorrow morning the latest. I know it's taking me so long to finish, but my social life and other responsibilities have picked up lol. Looking forward to discussing several parts of the book I've highlighted, though!

message 27: by Rachel (new)

Rachel no worries Tee- I look forward to discussing it with you when you've finished :D

message 28: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Rachel wrote: "no worries Tee- I look forward to discussing it with you when you've finished :D"

I know it's taken forever, Rachel, but I actually have time to discuss MBY now, it you're still up for it. :-)

Basically, it was pretty hard from me to review MBY because it gave me mixed reactions.On the one hand, I liked the premise and the way some of the characters were developed. Some parts also moved me because I could only imagine how tough things must have been....

Lou's father's character was (view spoiler)

message 29: by Rachel (last edited Jul 13, 2013 10:05PM) (new)

Rachel Hey Tee!

I felt the same way about lou's dad. (view spoiler)

message 30: by Tee27 (new)

Tee27 | 647 comments Rachel wrote: "Hey Tee!

I felt the same way about lou's dad. will's mom did seem cliché to me also in the beginning but I felt like that whole family was raised to hide their emotions and keep everything ins..."

How did I forget the part when (view spoiler)