Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week 36: June 10 - 16 (Series)

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments This week's challenge is

To read a book in a series

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm drowning in series!!! So, visit your series thread (or start one here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_...

and pick any one to read - whether it's #1 in a series, or #13! Catch up on those series or

lol

start a new one!!!

:) and Enjoy!

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments I plan to read Sapphique (Incarceron, #2) by Catherine Fisher

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments You're not alone Trish, you're not alone...I too am drowning in series!

I think I'm going to start a new series and go with Strands of Bronze and Gold (Strands of Bronze and Gold, #1) by Jane Nickerson . I'm a total sucker for fairy-tale retellings

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments yay!! A new series! LOL! I'm reading that one this month too! I can't wait to see what you think of it!

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok I can do this one. :-) You need to change your challenge title to week 36 sweetie! :-)

I'll post my book when I look at my TBR for next week. :-)

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Ok I can do this one. :-) You need to change your challenge title to week 36 sweetie! :-)

I'll post my book when I look at my TBR for next week. :-)"

changed! thank you! I knew I was doing something wrong LOL!

message 7: by Taylor (new)

Taylor  | 320 comments Im going to read Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes

message 8: by Katherine (last edited Jun 07, 2013 06:25PM) (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments Finished my read early! And holy heck, is it good!! Strands of Bronze and Gold (Strands of Bronze and Gold, #1) by Jane Nickerson . I loved the atmosphere of the world. Can't wait for the other two books in the series :) 5/5 stars.

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments Katherine wrote: "Finished my read early! And holy heck, is it good!!Strands of Bronze and Gold (Strands of Bronze and Gold, #1) by Jane Nickerson. I loved the atmosphere of the world. Can't wait for the other two books in the series :) 5/5 stars."

yay! I'm glad you loved it!!! I can't wait!
are the next books not out for a while???

message 10: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments Book 2 comes out next year, and the final book comes out in 2014.

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments YAY! This is a really needed theme! LOL I'll be reading Sapphique (Incarceron, #2) by Catherine Fisher with Trisha! :o)

message 12: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Katherine wrote: "Finished my read early! And holy heck, is it good!!Strands of Bronze and Gold (Strands of Bronze and Gold, #1) by Jane Nickerson. I loved the atmosphere of the world. Can't wait for the other two books in the series :) 5/5 stars."

Katherine, did you HAVE to say it was so good? Now I have to add it to my TBR list!! LOL

message 13: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments Whoops, Vicki LOL!! I know how you feel. It seems like my TBR list is getting bigger and bigger these days....

message 14: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Katherine wrote: "Whoops, Vicki LOL!! I know how you feel. It seems like my TBR list is getting bigger and bigger these days...."

So is mine and so am I! LOL

message 15: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, I am going to read book three of the Prince of Wolves series, Just One Drop (The Grey Wolves, #3) by Quinn Loftis .

message 16: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I am not drowning in series, but I would like to read this one: The Program (The Program, #1) by Suzanne Young

message 17: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7485 comments I will read Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) by Lauren Oliver .

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments Mandiann wrote: "I will read Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) by Lauren Oliver."

oh I Loved that one!!! I hope you do too!!

message 19: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments Mehsi wrote: "I am not drowning in series, but I would like to read this one: The Program (The Program, #1) by Suzanne Young"

yay for not drowning in series! I'm a little jealous :)

message 20: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "Mehsi wrote: "I am not drowning in series, but I would like to read this one: The Program (The Program, #1) by Suzanne Young"

yay for not drowning in series! I'm a little jealous :)"

Yup, if only.... Stand alones seem to be a dying breed....

message 21: by Katherine (new)

Katherine | 2834 comments Becky, they really are! It's so hard to find a true standalone YA book anymore. It's like trying to find a tiger in the jungle ;)

message 22: by Mehsi (last edited Jun 09, 2013 09:11AM) (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Yup, if only.... Stand alones seem to be a dying breed.... "

I still find enough stand alones, luckily. Most of the books I read are stand alones. So they are not that rare or dying. :)

message 23: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Trisha wrote: "Mehsi wrote: "I am not drowning in series, but I would like to read this one: The Program (The Program, #1) by Suzanne Young"

yay for not drowning in series! I'm a little jealous :)"

Aww I am sure you will be out of drowning soon. :)
And I keep trying out series, but every time I get to the second book, I get bored and drop the series.

message 24: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7485 comments Trisha wrote: "Mandiann wrote: "I will read Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) by Lauren Oliver."

oh I Loved that one!!! I hope you do too!!"

The first one was okay but I didn't enjoy it as much as some series. I am hoping I like this one better than Delirium.

message 25: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Mandiann, I was literally panting from anxiety at the end. I hope you do enjoy it! It was much more "exciting" than Delirium, although I loved that too. Lots of action! Can't wait to hear what you think!

message 26: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4364 comments I plan to read Phoenix (Black City, #2) by Elizabeth Richards

message 27: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Finished with my book. It was awesome. :)

message 28: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments Mehsi wrote: "Finished with my book. It was awesome. :)"

yay! Congrats!!!

message 29: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Thanks. :)

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments yay! completed my book and gave it 5 stars! :D
Sapphique (Incarceron, #2) by Catherine Fisher (and finished a series! woohoo!!)

message 31: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments GFY Trisha! Whoot! :-)

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments Lol sometimes you have to celebrate the little things! :p

message 33: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I finished my book yesterday and gave it 5 stars. Sapphique (Incarceron, #2) by Catherine Fisher

That was the 2nd and last book in the Incarceron series. :o)

message 34: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments yay!!! Congrats Vicki!!!

message 35: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm about 60% done with my choice. I'll be finishing it up after I'm done on GR.

message 36: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7485 comments I am done the sequel to Delirium. I can't remember the name of it but I liked it better than Delirium!

message 37: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jun 16, 2013 04:48PM) (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments Mandiann wrote: "I am done the sequel to Delirium. I can't remember the name of it but I liked it better than Delirium!"

yay!! Congrats Mandiann! I'm glad you loved Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) by Lauren Oliver
Did you scream out at the end?? LOL!

message 38: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4364 comments I finished Phoenix (Black City, #2) by Elizabeth Richards a few days ago. I did not like it as much as the first book in the series, but it was still good.

message 39: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments yay congrats Amanda! I was curious about that one...
is there a third one coming out in the series too?

message 40: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4364 comments There will be a 3rd book in the series, but I don't think a title has been announced yet.

message 41: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I finished book 3 in the Prince of Wolves series. Just One Drop (The Grey Wolves, #3) by Quinn Loftis . The writing isn't stellar but I just LOVE this series! I am pretty sure it's just going to get more and more addictive!

message 42: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31438 comments lol Congrats Becky!
How many books are there there in the series?
I thought this one was the last one?

message 43: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "lol Congrats Becky!
How many books are there there in the series?
I thought this one was the last one?"

There are 6 currently and I hoping she'll write a 7th b/c I wasn't sure I liked the synopsis of #6, LOLOLOL! I just want everyone to find their true mate and live happily ever after - but except for Twilight that doesn't happen!

Lots has happened since you read book one with us and really the past 2 books have been SO MUCH BETTER!