Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Of Triton (The Syrena Legacy, #2)
This topic is about Of Triton
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Of Triton (Of Poseidon #2) by Anna Banks → Start Date: August 12, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments If you have read Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1) by Anna Banks and want to continue the series with Becky and I, feel free to join us!! :)

message 2: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments okay, I'm a maybe.... :)

have you guys read Legacy Lost (Of Poseidon, #0.5) by Anna Banks

I highly recommend it! :D

message 3: by Trinity (new)

Trinity i want to read this series with u guys ! im open for july ! :)

message 4: by Trinity (new)

Trinity :) *

message 5: by Trinity (new)

Trinity im going to read the first one and ill finish it by the time this is going to starg

message 6: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela | 17787 comments I might join. I have to get Of Poseidon done first though.

message 7: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments Tisha, I hope you can!! I do need to read that!! lol :)

message 8: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments Angela and Trinity, hope you can join us too! :)

message 9: by Angela (last edited Jun 06, 2013 04:21PM) (new) - added it

Angela | 17787 comments Thanks, Kathy. (: I'll try to finish the first book by this date. Shouldn't be hard, considering you guys don't start until July.

message 10: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments Angela (: wrote: "Thanks, Kathy. (: I'll try to finish the first book by this date. Shouldn't be hard, considering you guys don't start until July."

Ok! The first book is really good and I hope you like it! :)

message 11: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela | 17787 comments I hope so too. (:

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Angela, I don't think you'll have a problem finishing #1 by the 15th of July. It is a pretty fast read, and I listened to it, lololol!

I hope you and Trinity and Trisha can all join us. Of Poseidon was really really good and I'm looking forward to Of Triton.

Trisha, do you think I can email you the file so you can listen to it? I'm not sure how that works.....

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I'm going to see if my library has the 0.5 book as well! LOL!

message 14: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela | 17787 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Angela, I don't think you'll have a problem finishing #1 by the 15th of July. It is a pretty fast read, and I listened to it, lololol!

I hope you and Trinity and Trisha can all join us. Of Pos..."

I've never listened to an audio book before. It's sort of weird. I might just read the book.

message 15: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Angela, I don't think you'll have a problem finishing #1 by the 15th of July. It is a pretty fast read, and I listened to it, lololol!

I hope you and Trinity and Trisha can all join us. Of Pos..."

I think I can sample it online for free but I might check with my library too! I can almost always download the audio right away too! LOL! I'm curious now.I wonder if it will be the same reader for both :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, just let me know hon! She was a bit annoying at first but I can't decide if that's cuz it was my first audio book in a long time or if she really was annoying. But I got over it and by the end I was glad i stuck with it!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, ppl are we still doing this tomorrow or do we need to move it?? I'm totally fine either way. My library doesn't have a copy, so I'll have to buy it or request it from them...

Just let me know!!!! :-)

message 18: by Angela (new) - added it

Angela | 17787 comments I can't read this one yet. I haven't found the time to read the first book, at at my reading pace, I don't know when I have time. But I hope you guys all like this one!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Well Angela, I think I'm going to have to postpone as well... Just waiting on Kathy to chime in.

message 20: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Jul 14, 2013 03:11PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments I'm good either way. postponing it would give me sanity (I've already bought it so I don't have to get it back to the library....) but I can always read it too!!

message 21: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments That's fine if you want to do a later date. Is Trisha not going to be able to join us for this one either? We could set it back far enough to be sure she can join us too. :)

message 22: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments lol we must be typing at the same time :)

yeah, I can join in now or later, either way...

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Let's move it back to August - tell me a date that works... That way I can wait for it to come in at the library!

message 24: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments You type faster than me Trisha!! lol! :D

Aug 12? Would that work?

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments sounds good to me.... Anyone else???

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments aug 12 works perfect!

message 27: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments I changed the date! So we are good! :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments TY Kathy!

message 29: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments You're welcome! :)

message 30: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments I get Internet on the twelfth so as soon as I can I will be posting like crazy again! Lol

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Oh wonderful Trisha! Congrats! I hope that you are getting settled ok. I saw you had to wait in line for 5 hours the other day for something relating to your kids...

How is GA treating you so far? Ppl nice?

message 32: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments Yes! Everyone is so nice here :) I had to spend 5 1/2 hours at the county health dept in order to get a paper that says my kids are healthy and ok to enter a Georgia school blog it was a very long day that day!!

Today is first day of school but WOW! The high school stats at 7:15!! Bus puck up is 6:30
OMG so I was up at 5:30 with my daughter helping her get ready (just got my first cup of coffee )

But....5:30 here is 2:30 am in Oregon!!!! Lol we are all exhausted....

I can't wait to get Internet too!!

How was getting the kids back to school for you??

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "Yes! Everyone is so nice here :) I had to spend 5 1/2 hours at the county health dept in order to get a paper that says my kids are healthy and ok to enter a Georgia school blog it was a very long..."

7:15???? That seems incredibly early to me. I thought 8 am was too early.

My 2 high schoolers are doing well! Klarysa, the freshman is adjusting nicely and I think my junior would leave for college now and bolt if she were able, lol. Tons of homework already, but they're doing well.

Jack, the 6th grader, seems the exact same as always. LOL. He's ready to be done with 6th grade and move "up" as it were. I told him to stop rushing his life.

I hope your girls LOVE their first day and their new school! I'll expect happy reports from you later.

Enjoy that coffee!

message 34: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments Trisha, glad to see you're getting settled and everything seems to be running smoothly. I feel for you though, I don't know what I would do with no internet! I suspect I would be going crazy! lol!

Is GA eastern time? That would mean you are an hour ahead of me now. My son Sherman is a freshman this year and Marissa is in 8th grade. They both ride the same bus and have to be at the bus stop at 6:40, school starts at 7:20. So yeah, I understand where you're coming from. They don't go back till next Wed so still another week of freedom! lol!!

How is the unpacking going?

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Hallelujah my book is in at the library! so I'll have it in time to start our BR!!! :-)

Your kids all start so much earlier than mine. I'm on eastern time too Kathy!

message 36: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments Oh! Ok, I thought you might be. If your kids started school so early in the year, when do they get out for summer break?

My copy came in yesterday too! I'll bring it home tomorrow! :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Kathy wrote: "Oh! Ok, I thought you might be. If your kids started school so early in the year, when do they get out for summer break?

My copy came in yesterday too! I'll bring it home tomorrow! :)"

We start beginning of August and get out at the end of May... they call it a "balanced" calendar, lol. Not so sure about that, but not much I can do. :-)

message 38: by Angela (last edited Aug 07, 2013 12:26PM) (new) - added it

Angela | 17787 comments I have to drop out of this one. It seems like every buddy read is coming up! I can't read so many at a time, sorry. I hope you guys enjoy this one!

message 39: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Kathy wrote: "Oh! Ok, I thought you might be. If your kids started school so early in the year, when do they get out for summer break?

My copy came in yesterday too! I'll bring it home tomorrow! :..."

Really? Balanced? I think they forgot the "un" at the front of that word! lol!! My kids still get out at the end of May, but maybe you guys have more days off during the school year? That would at least be a nice consolation. :)

message 40: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments Angela (: wrote: "I have to drop out of this one. It seems like every buddy read is coming up! I can't read so many at a time, sorry. I hope you guys enjoy this one!"

Ok Angela, no worries. I understand having too many books to read! lol! :)

Inger | 241 comments I'll join you guys, just downloaded it :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Whoot! Welcome Inger! I picked up my BRAND NEW copy from the library yesterday! Really excited!

message 43: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay! Inger! :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Everyone ready for Monday? Shall we do our standard 5 chapter format? I haven't looked to see if something different would be better! Just let me know!!! I'm so excited. I have SOOOOOOOOOOOO many good reads to get to!

Inger | 241 comments Looking forward to it!
I just turned a few pages on my Kindle and noticed the chapters are pretty short/fast to finish.
I often like to post when something important or exciting happens, or when I take a break. But I'm up for anything so just say what you'd prefer.

message 46: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments Looks like its really short!!

We have 23 chapters + epilogue

How's every 6 chapters? That's about every 50 pages
Or maybe do 10 chapters, 10 chapters, then last 4? That's about 90 pages...,

I'm open for whatever :)

message 47: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments Either way sounds good to me, so I'll just go with the flow! :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "Looks like its really short!!

We have 23 chapters + epilogue

How's every 6 chapters? That's about every 50 pages
Or maybe do 10 chapters, 10 chapters, then last 4? That's about 90 pages...,

I'm ..."

Sounds great Trisha, thanks for checking! Excited. :-)

message 49: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 2 stars

Trisha | 31438 comments So, every 6? Every 10?

I'm good either way....it's such a small book lol

message 50: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments I think every 10 just because it's so short, yeah? lol! :D

« previous 1