David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Lies (Gone, #3)
This topic is about Lies
Buddy Reads! > Lies Buddy Read!

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Let the fun begin!

message 2: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

OK I had to cheat as I have a wedding in France for the next couple days so I'll have limited reading time! Sorry :)

30% in (view spoiler)

message 3: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenny (juliababyjen) | 12932 comments Mod
LOL, have fun at the wedding!

message 4: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Thank youuuu!!

Karen’s Library | 11320 comments Mod
Alright, we'll give you a little extra time then! :) I'm excited to start this! I'm trying to finish up the read and review I'm doing. Hope to be done by tonight so I can start Lies either tonight or tomorrow.

ENJOY Paris and the wedding!! What an amazing adventure!!

message 6: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Thank you!! Enjoying it already ;) Can't wait to hear what you guys think of this one, I'm really getting into it!

50% now (view spoiler)

Sounds like it'll be really good. I fell asleep at 7 tonight. Whoops! Now it's midnight and I'm awake! Maybe I'll start it. But I really need to finish the one I'm reading first. Ugh. Decisions! :-)

message 8: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

LOL! Finish other one first, then you can focus on it :) (see how good I was at not tempting you to start Lies even though I really want you to start?)

message 9: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (last edited Jun 07, 2013 04:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Okay, I started it and it didn't take me long before I was 50% of the way in! (view spoiler)
Loving it so far, this series is so addicting and so different!

Ok, shutting my computer down for the day and shutting office door for the weekend. It is Friday and I am DONE working!! TGIF! Heading to my bedroom to grab my Nook and then settling in on my big comfy living room chair to start reading. Yaayyy!!!

message 11: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

YAY, Karen! I have a busy day tomorrow, we are helping our 4H club clean up a park, as long as the weather is okay! So I'm doing a lot of reading today! Already 68% of the way in! (view spoiler)

Rebecka | 115 comments Wow you guys are flying through it. I've barely had a chance to start yet

Tracy | 823 comments I love this series! I have only to read Light to finish. I have been putting it off because I really don't want the series to end. Are you guys reading the entire series? If so I will wait on ya'll to read it.

As far as Light goes well (view spoiler)

message 14: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

My plan is to read the whole series! I'm loving it! I'm sure we all will, as long as the series stays good!

Tracy | 823 comments Good then I can be depressed with all you guys when it's over. We may need to start a support group or something.

message 16: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

LOL, Tracy! I know its always so bittersweet when a good series ends!

Jenny wrote: "My plan is to read the whole series! I'm loving it! I'm sure we all will, as long as the series stays good!"

OUR plan!! ;-)

I'm in about 13% now. You guys are right, this series is addicting. I like how new characters are introduced in each book. And whoops (view spoiler)

Meaghan | 383 comments I may be a couple days late into this one but when I get into it, I'll add my comments. I have an R&R I almost forgot about due next week so I'm going to read that first.

43% in. Wow. Totally addicting. (view spoiler)

Meaghan wrote: "I may be a couple days late into this one but when I get into it, I'll add my comments. I have an R&R I almost forgot about due next week so I'm going to read that first."

I hear ya! I also had to finish one up before I could start. I power read last night so I could read this one tonight without stressing about getting mine turned in on time.

message 22: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen wrote: "43% in. Wow. Totally addicting. Yea, David, Astrid is a biotch. She has no redeeming qualities at all at this point.

And I was blown away at the sneak peek from the outside. Was that just a dream..."

Ha! Your comment about Astrid made me chuckle :)

Yeah I think that was a lie but it was still pretty cool and left me wanting more of it!

83% (view spoiler)

Jenny wrote: "YAY, Karen! I have a busy day tomorrow, we are helping our 4H club clean up a park, as long as the weather is okay! So I'm doing a lot of reading today! Already 68% of the way in! [spoilers rem..."

71% in (view spoiler)

David wrote: "Karen wrote: "43% in. Wow. Totally addicting. Yea, David, Astrid is a biotch. She has no redeeming qualities at all at this point.

And I was blown away at the sneak peek from the outside. Was tha..."

85% in (view spoiler)

Finished. Wow!! So when can we start Plague (Gone, #4) by Michael Grant ? (view spoiler)

message 26: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm now 79% of the way in (view spoiler)

message 27: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Enjoying your spoilers! Although I haven't read another page since my last post lol, I got back at 5:30am from the wedding festivities so I'm exhausted. Hoping to read more and finish today. I can't wait for the next book!!

message 28: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yay, sounds like you had fun, David! I had a pretty busy day as well, but I managed to read a little! I should probably finish today. I've heard Plague is a much more intense read. I honestly don't think I can to it for a couple of weeks, though.

message 29: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

I finished it! (view spoiler)
Loved it! This is a really good series!

message 30: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Finished! Wowwww! Really liked that one :) I'm happy to wait a little bit before the next one as I have another beta to do. But Jenny, do you want to jump into Dust & Decay right away? I've been itching to read that!

Final thoughts on Lies (view spoiler)

David wrote: "Finished! Wowwww! Really liked that one :) I'm happy to wait a little bit before the next one as I have another beta to do. But Jenny, do you want to jump into Dust & Decay right away? I've been it..."

That was my thought too, David. (view spoiler)

I am enjoying the heck out of these books! I will wait patiently for you guys for Plague. That will give Meaghan time to catch up. :-)

message 32: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ah yes (view spoiler)

Tracy said above that (view spoiler)

message 34: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

David wrote: "Finished! Wowwww! Really liked that one :) I'm happy to wait a little bit before the next one as I have another beta to do. But Jenny, do you want to jump into Dust & Decay right away? I've been it..."

Yes we can start anytime!

(view spoiler)

message 35: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

True. Good point. Quinn really turned things around.

message 36: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] (raevynstar) | 13 comments If I'm allowed to, I'd like to restart this. :)

Page 224.

message 37: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Of course!! I'm sure a few of us would jump in to chat about it :) How are you liking it?

Absolutely Lucia! Such a great series! I could talk about the Gone series all day long!

message 39: by Raevyn (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] (raevynstar) | 13 comments David wrote:How are you liking it?"

It's not as compelling as the first two( I'm not a fan of soooo much PLANNING), but it's still amazing! XD

message 40: by Raevyn (last edited Oct 01, 2013 12:46PM) (new)

Raevyn "Lucia" [I'm in it for the books] (raevynstar) | 13 comments I'm finished. *shrugs*.
Forget what I said earlier--this was awesome!!!!!!!

message 41: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lol !!! Yay! I thought it was awesome too! Just you wait, keeps getting better and crazier :)

message 42: by Jenny, Always smiling! :-D (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yay, glad you liked it! This is an awesome series!

I almost wish it was our first time reading these books again!! :)

Tracy | 823 comments This series is amazing! You guys are making me want to re-read it.

I think I will have to at some point in the future!

David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Plague (other topics)