Witches, Weres, and Vamps, Oh MY! discussion

Group Read Discussions > Wicked Lovely - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) | 1166 comments Mod
Discussion for our May Group Read - Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Feel free to discuss any part of this book - SPOILERS ARE OK!

message 2: by Shanon (new)

I finished my audiobook this morning. I was really happy everyone got their happy ending, I was a little worried for a minute there.

I'm curious where book's 2 & 3 will go. Everything seemed to be wrapped up very nicely.

message 3: by Shanon (new)

As I've let this book sit a little I've thought of something & I'm hoping someone else can help answer it....

We learned that Keenan courted Aislinn's mom and that Aislinn's mother ended up killing herself rather then become a Summer Girl. I was a little frustrated with how we learned about this. It was thrown in there with no to very little focus on it.

but - my question is: Is Aislinn Keenan's daughter or was Aislinn's mother already pregnant when she met Keenan? If she is, would this make her the Summer Princess instead of the Queen?

((Maybe it's not as neatly wrapped up as I thought it was.))

message 4: by Adrienne (last edited May 07, 2009 01:09PM) (new)

Adrienne Shanon wrote: "As I've let this book sit a little I've thought of something & I'm hoping someone else can help answer it....

We learned that Keenan courted Aislinn's mom and that Aislinn's mother ended up kill..."

took me some time to find this::on pg 277 Keenan confirms that Moira (aislinns mom) ran away from him and "laid down with all those mortals"(...)"i waited, stopped seeking her when she was with chil"::i've taken this to mean that Keenan is not her dad::

message 5: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn (kathry) Adrienne, you're right, Keenan is not Aislinn's dad. Thanks for finding the passage. I wanted to answer but all of the books are beginning to meld in my head and I'm afraid to answer anything because I do not want to ruin the other 2. I'm enjoying reading everyone's comments!

message 6: by Shanon (new)

I'm glad to hear that Keenan isn't Aislinn's father. That had major ick factors. I have the audiobook and so it was difficult to find that part in the book again. Must have missed the part about her being with mortals.

Maybe audiobooks aren't the thing for me - don't want to miss important stuff like that :)

message 7: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne my confusion is why the winter queen is the summer kings mom::was keenans dad the Summer king and why wasn't there a summer queen for him?::why did she kill him? i'm hoping this is covered in a later book::my copy of ink exchange should be here soon::

message 8: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (theholyterror) | 132 comments Adrienne wrote: "my confusion is why the winter queen is the summer kings mom::was keenans dad the Summer king and why wasn't there a summer queen for him?::why did she kill him? i'm hoping this is covered in a lat..."

It was confusing to me throughout the whole book as well, but I'm guessing that maybe there was a similar setup between Beira and Keenan's Dad (did he have a name?) and the relationship between Keenan and Donia. Aislinn said to Keenan at the end that she checked with Tavish and that "it" was safe, you know, sex between the Summer and Winter monarchs.

I do want to know what made Beira the way she was and how the whole relationship between her and Keenan came to be. Why did she lay with his father only to kill him later? If she was going to kill him and then later bind his son's powers, why even bother sleeping with the father? Maybe she was hoping for a child from the Winter court ... I don't know.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wicked Lovely (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Melissa Marr (other topics)